ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet South Carolina showing

DeepfriedCock

Jan 30, 2017
South Carolina landed the No. 1 class at the end of the November early signing period, and three of the future Gamecocks showed why in Atlanta.

The trio of Boston, Zia Cooke and Breanna Bealcombined for 24 points, 25 rebounds and five assists. Somewhere, Dawn Staley is smiling -- or dancing.

Defensive possessions by both Boston, who had nine points and 10 rebounds, and Beal, who had six points and eight rebounds, led to fast-break opportunities for the East team. Cooke, who had nine points and seven rebounds, was athletic and explosive off the dribble. She had a game-high four assists. Nice showing in the McDonald's All American game.

I was really impressed by this group. Cooke has great vision and really handle the ball. Boston was the best big in the floor. Beal is very athletic. Laeticia Amihere is already on campus working through a knee rehab and is 6-4 and was rated number 10 coming out of high school. The future is bright the next 4 years.

we will have some size again, most definitely be physical, speed will be ridiculous and defense should be strong. 4-5 star players added to Kiki, Ty, Bianca and Victaria. I can't wait.

Reactions: gamecockblack
How many 6’ 7” (or there abouts) high school women are available to be recruited? We need some of them to come to USC in addition to our current recruits.

Reactions: king ward
So excited and looking forward to this new class. Watching the game, however caused me to long for Rickea Jackson - thought she was also extremely impressive and would have been amazing with this class.

Reactions: gamecockblack
I like what I see of Brea Beal

5be49ff9e6644.image.jpg

Reactions: thebigpill
I like what I see of Brea Beal

5be49ff9e6644.image.jpg

I agree.
High energy player, especially defensively. Always around the ball. Doesn't shy away from contact. No real weakness in her skill set. Like most high school players she still needs development, but i could see her being the steal of this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT