ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner is going to run USC students away from athletic events

Someone whose son works for the athletic department posted it on the Insiders forum yesterday. It is because of what can be heard over television since the stadiums are at smaller capacity.
Hmmmm....ok.....but not sure a message board is a trusted haven for accurate info.

Auburn may put more students around the court(they only use one more baseline than us), but their arena is also half the size of the CLA. They only seat a little over 9000 compared to our 18k.
Overall, our student seats are excellent and better than most in the conference and around the country. Definitely a far cry from “terrible”.

Kinda seems like one more baseline for basketball could be a dramatic difference. I know all about the size of the Auburn arena but not sure exactly how that alone ties directly to placement inside the arena of students.

As a student I am glad you were happy with it. Its good for students to be happy. I just recall hearing much more chatter from the side that is not happy with it and at times our games in CLA have a sit on your hands, wine and cheese feel. And yes, I acknowledge that is in some part because of the lack of success of the team.

Admin and fans alike shouldn’t condone students throwing trash on the field when referees make bad calls. But kids will be kids. As long as they aren’t throwing bricks or pee filled bottles then low energy Ray Tanner needs not overreact. He is becoming more and more of a “Karen” trying to tone things down. I think Tanner is stuck in the baseball mindset and baseball is much more chill then football.
I'd still like for the pep band to be present for key baseball series. Yes, Batgirl, I know this isn't Japanese baseball. Still, I like that idea for getting fans engaged.

Reactions: oakley51
Admin and fans alike shouldn’t condone students throwing trash on the field when referees make bad calls. But kids will be kids. As long as they aren’t throwing bricks or pee filled bottles then low energy Ray Tanner needs not overreact. He is becoming more and more of a “Karen” trying to tone things down. I think Tanner is stuck in the baseball mindset and baseball is much more chill then football.
Any time I hear someone refer to a public figure as "low energy", I know I'm dealing with a graduate of the Beavus and Butthead School of Public Discourse.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
I'd still like for the pep band to be present for key baseball series. Yes, Batgirl, I know this isn't Japanese baseball. Still, I like that idea for getting fans engaged.
No. There are no pep bands (Mizzou) or shakers (Florida) in baseball. We don't need a pep band to get our fans engaged. We just need the event staff to leave us the hell alone.

Carolina students are many times the main reason why our venues have any home field advantage. With Tanner acting more like everyone's dad than an executive AD, students will start staying away. And you will find the atmosphere at our athletic events reminding you of Wimbledon or Augusta.

During his time students are really getting jerked around. Students seats at CLA are terrible. Apparently, they need to pledge to never use profanity to enter Founders Field and he goes off the deep end if someone throws an empty water bottle at Williams-Brice.

Columbia is not Starkville, MS. There are plenty of other things around town for students to do for fun. Can Tanner please retire and put us out of our misery??!!
Going to? I think that horse left the barn. 100% attendance at football games wasn't going to be a problem.

Who would want them? The Big 12 sure doesn't.
When the Big 12 tried to expand so they could actually be 12 institutions again instead of 10, no decent schools actually wanted to join. Instead schools like BYU and Houston were the only ones who were interested.

So, I’m pretty sure if Mizzou, ATM, Colorado or Nebraska wanted to return, the Big 12 would say yes immediately. Not a lot of other options available. That said, I don’t think they are leaving their new homes in the SEC, B1G and PAC-12.

When the Big 12 tried to expand so they could actually be 12 institutions again instead of 10, no decent schools actually wanted to join. Instead schools like BYU and Houston were the only ones who were interested.

So, I’m pretty sure if Mizzou, ATM, Colorado or Nebraska wanted to return, the Big 12 would say yes immediately. Not a lot of other options available. That said, I don’t think they are leaving their new homes in the SEC, B1G and PAC-12.
Well you are wrong about most of those schools. They certainly wouldn't say "yes" immediately, as any return by A&M would be tied up in Texas Legislative scrutiny and while Nebraska has an attractive football history, their departure was so acrimonious it certainly wouldn't be a quick "yes". Neither Colorado or Missouri really bring much to the table. Their athletic depts overall are kinda crappy. Colorado might bring the Denver viewing area, a bit, but few there paid much attention as Texas pounded Colorado like they were Rice scoring 55. I think other teams including BYU and Houston are more atractive than Missouri or Colorado to the Big 12.

Also, a lot of the Pac-10 has been begging the Big 12 to get out of their joke of a conference and away from Larry Scott who is spending them into oblivion. Arizona and Arizona State have legs and it wouldn't surprise me to see them bolt to the Big 12. Plus what makes Houston or BYU not a "decent" school? Didn't Houston just make the Final Four and BYU wind up 16th in football? When has Colorado or Missouri done anything to make themselves more "decent" than Houston or BYU? Both Boise State and Utah are schools that would not be a surprize as transfers to the Big 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT