ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner pens letter to fans regarding pandemic

Usually something like this precedes other news, usually not positive. Or, he could be trying to switch the narrative around the school from social upheaval.

He has two headwinds he faces with finance and social discontent. He seems to be saying, look what we have done, and it's just not enough. Expect news soon that the "new normal" will be even less like normal than before!

Exactly. Vapid missives achieve nothing.
It's a damned if he does, damned if he doesnt situation. He doesnt have anything useful to say, but if he doesnt say _something_ then a segment of the population will complain that they havent heard anything from Ray.

Meh, sound and fury. If I'm not mistaken, the Presidents and Boards of universities will be the ones making the decision anyway, right?

I would have rather he not toot his own horn but instead tell us what ever possessed him to hire Will Muschamp, why he entered into a contract that has crippled our ability to deal with an Under performing, over paid head football coach. And then tell us why he continues to tolerate a know it all basketball coach except how to win games. Now that I have said that here’s hoping that I have to eat my words and kneel on bending kness in worshiping the greatest AD in our history. Fortunately he has been able to keep Dawn Staley happy and he is to be praised for that.

Reactions: purenonsense
He could be quiet and say NOTHING like his letter did and then I would not be writing this and . wasting my time.
Ever think that the BOT or Caslen may ask him to release a statement? Or it may be the fact that he can't release any information that's not approved by the SEC (he actually can't) But don't let that get in the way of a tirade.

If a Ray Tanner speaks and no fans care enough to hear his bs anymore, has he made a sound?
He seldom says much of anything, and when he does, he usually says the wrong thing.. But , judging by what he said, I think he just said that he doesn't have anything to say for now ,and that he will say something later when it is time to say something to the naysayers.

Last edited:
If you are a longtime gamecock club member and are not chosen , what are you goin to do next year ?

There are some legitimate things to criticize Tanner for. Mainly, the ridiculous Muschamp buyout. This letter is not one of those things. He did about all he could do, let fans know this will not be a normal football season & letting them know that they are exploring all options.

Yawn. Then goes on record for no full crowds. Why not put it in the letter. Waste

I’m a tanner fan but the letter was a set up and that’s BS.

The letter was prepping you for announcements about cuts of some kind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT