ADVERTISEMENT

taters bought another one

Good lord we have some pathetic, weak fans

1432238714704-zpsys7fobcr.jpg

It's not being s pathetic or weak fan to question are they cheating again the past 5-6 years like they did back in the late 70s and early 80s. Most 18-20 year olds I know prefer the beach, New Orleans, California, etc.over Clempson SC. Or a program rich with tradition like Bama. Take away the past 6 years and clempson doesn't have that type tradition. Not unreasonable to think they cheated again to get where they are. What's pathetic is our fan base not questioning WTF is going on.

It's not being s pathetic or weak fan to question are they cheating again the past 5-6 years like they did back in the late 70s and early 80s. Most 18-20 year olds I know prefer the beach, New Orleans, California, etc.over Clempson SC. Or a program rich with tradition like Bama. Take away the past 6 years and clempson doesn't have that type tradition. Not unreasonable to think they cheated again to get where they are. What's pathetic is our fan base not questioning WTF is going on.

go take a lap. Wow.

You know what? U of SC was close to having this. Spurrier had the program in the top 5 nationally for several years straight. Then he got lazy. Then he didn’t care. Then he quit recruiting. Instead of seizing the opportunity to build the program, he took the opportunity to play a round of golf. What happened next- he quits, right in the middle of the season. Then, a huge poster is put up of him and he is worshipped and celebrated like some savior when the truth is he left everyone hanging high and dry. Don’t be mad because someone else worked harder and cared more than Spurrier did at building a consistent program. Top players want to play for winners
You know what? U of SC was close to having this. Spurrier had the program in the top 5 nationally for several years straight. Then he got lazy. Then he didn’t care. Then he quit recruiting. Instead of seizing the opportunity to build the program, he took the opportunity to play a round of golf. What happened next- he quits, right in the middle of the season. Then, a huge poster is put up of him and he is worshipped and celebrated like some savior when the truth is he left everyone hanging high and dry. Don’t be mad because someone else worked harder and cared more than Spurrier did at building a consistent program. Top players want to play for winners

3 years we were very good. But you're right, we had no committed staff like in taterland. Plus, SOS never won anything other than a state championship. No conference titles, major bowl wins (or major bowls as far as that goes). Now we have a guy that wins 4 games all year, finishes on a 3-game losing streak, and we hear how great a recruiter he is. To his credit, he's had a ridiculously tough schedule, but that's what he signed up for. May change a little year to year, but we need a commitment to someone who can win with that schedule. UGAY has done it. And as the old ball sack siad, "why not us?". If Ugay can do it, we should be able to also.

Most 18-20 year olds I know want whatever the "in" thing is. Remember when Oregon was the place to go during the Chip Kelly days? Right now, Clemson is the "in" thing. Who knows how long it will last, but right now, highschool players see all the success and fun they are having and want to be a part of it. All the bells and whistles of the facilities, coupled with winning championships and putting players in the NFL is the icing on the cake. Honestly, I dont know why an 18-20 year old wouldnt want to go there right now.

If this were the case Coastal Carolina would be a juggernaut, Beach, night life, women, etc. I agree with Formula51 it is the it thing 16-18 year olds are after. And if they come from more conservative families they may be looking for any excuse to get away from the west coast.

Reactions: Michaelt29340
Most 18-20 year olds I know prefer the beach, New Orleans, California, etc.over Clempson SC. Or a program rich with tradition like Bama. Take away the past 6 years and clempson doesn't have that type tradition.

You have to remember that for most of the lives of these 18-20 year olds Clemson has been "rich with tradition" too. They are not 50. They don't care what happened years and years ago. They don't care that Notre Dame used to be a power. From 2011-13 when the Gamecocks had their best teams ever, kids being recruited now were under 10 years old! They don't care that Clemson or Georgia won a National Championship 40 years ago. Since they have been playing competitive football, Alabama and Clemson are "the teams". JMHO, but am I wrong?

Most 18-20 year olds I know want whatever the "in" thing is. Remember when Oregon was the place to go during the Chip Kelly days? Right now, Clemson is the "in" thing. Who knows how long it will last, but right now, highschool players see all the success and fun they are having and want to be a part of it. All the bells and whistles of the facilities, coupled with winning championships and putting players in the NFL is the icing on the cake. Honestly, I dont know why an 18-20 year old wouldnt want to go there right now.

You get it! Alabama is winning too, but I bet when they visit there, they see Saban running the team like a NFL team. When they visit Clemson they see they can win and have fun doing it.

100% agree

I have family members in Spartanburg and Greenville who "contribute" to the recruiting at Clempson. 1 has been doing it since Dabo arrived and the other since the 80's. They talk openly about it amongst family. To think that people still believe it doesn't happen is like believing "wrastling" is real.

I have family members in Spartanburg and Greenville who "contribute" to the recruiting at Clempson. 1 has been doing it since Dabo arrived and the other since the 80's. They talk openly about it amongst family. To think that people still believe it doesn't happen is like believing "wrastling" is real.

I see a whole lot of things like this posted on boards all over the place. In a single party recording consent state such as SC, why not use that handy mobile recording your every move/sound brick we all carry in our pockets to record evidence and give it to the NCAA in an attempt to do something about it since you have the power instead of whine and cry with 2 of your 3 posts over here? Save all of us from this he!! we are currently living through.

I see a whole lot of things like this posted on boards all over the place. In a single party recording consent state such as SC, why not use that handy mobile recording your every move/sound brick we all carry in our pockets to record evidence and give it to the NCAA in an attempt to do something about it since you have the power instead of whine and cry with 2 of your 3 posts over here? Save all of us from this he!! we are currently living through.
Not really sure what post count has to do with any of it. And as for recording my family's private conversations and turning them in you must be a special kind of idiot. My relatives mean more to me than you or anyone else concerned with football. You're a real tool for even suggesting such a thing. Besides what they do is their buisness and if they choose to blow their money on recruits then so be it. Personally IDC if you believe it or not but I'm sure that you probably still believe in tooth fairy as well.

Reactions: PHILCO7 and USC15
Clemson is the biggest cheating program in college football. I hope there is justice and your boys get busted for buying players again. That would hold me over for the next 10 to 15 years.
Guess that’s why the NCAA hasn’t sniffed up there in years but you obviously have proof

Not really sure what post count has to do with any of it. And as for recording my family's private conversations and turning them in you must be a special kind of idiot. My relatives mean more to me than you or anyone else concerned with football. You're a real tool for even suggesting such a thing. Besides what they do is their buisness and if they choose to blow their money on recruits then so be it. Personally IDC if you believe it or not but I'm sure that you probably still believe in tooth fairy as well.

Quit possibly the most made up post in fgf history. Bravo sir.

all this talk about Clemson cheating...isn't Carolina currently the one on probation for recruiting violations? LOL
They don't pay off the NCAA and should have told them to shove it for texts by a coach that is not even here. The tigs have posted pictures of players with bundles of cash, then players taking ostarine, getting one new truck, wrecking that one and getting another. The Sammy Watkins days of free homes at lake houses, abuse by players swept under the rug. All of a sudden grabbing high rated players from California as they did all of sudden from Florida after USC beat them 5 times in a row. So don't go there with your talk of USC being the wrong doers.

but taters were winning 9-10 games and going to larger bowl games.
I know, a she she is a joke, but 9-10 games are outstanding to us.
let's start building now, not later. One step at a time, never falling backwards.

serious question......if we had been in the ACC the past 25 years, would we have many many more wins? And Dabo lost 6 games the year he turned it around with that one class. Why do you think they were firing coaches with 9 wins? Not because they thought they should be national champs, but because they were winning no ACC titles and beating 3 non conference cupcakes to go along with the 5 or 6 easy conference games. There’s your 9 wins and many of those were eeked out vs bad competition. They knew they were not good. They were average but played at least 9 bad teams a year.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
serious question......if we had been in the ACC the past 25 years, would we have many many more wins? And Dabo lost 6 games the year he turned it around with that one class. Why do you think they were firing coaches with 9 wins? Not because they thought they should be national champs, but because they were winning no ACC titles and beating 3 non conference cupcakes to go along with the 5 or 6 easy conference games. There’s your 9 wins and many of those were eeked out vs bad competition. They knew they were not good. They were average but played at least 9 bad teams a year.
We would have at least ?maybe 50+ more wins and 10 ACC FB titles. Played in several NC games, winning 2 (Spurrier years). And played in many higher level/FBS bowl games. I am not going thru any records, just throwing these numbers out there. But we would be very relevant in CFB. And the taters would have less ACC titles because we would have won many.
Agree with your thoughts 100%.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I just don’t buy that these kids from Cali etc want to go to Clemson. SC because of Dabo. The winning helps, but where it stinks there’s shit.
When you take off our "garnet glasses", folks outside of South Carolina that are not involved in the rivalry follow the winner. Clemson is a hot national brand right now. The football factories (IMG's, Matter Dei's, St Frances Academy) are loaded with blue chip recruits that steer their players to the "programs" such as Clemson, Alabama.

Reactions: griffgolf
We would have at least ?maybe 50+ more wins and 10 ACC FB titles. Played in several NC games, winning 2 (Spurrier years). And played in many higher level/FBS bowl games. I am not going thru any records, just throwing these numbers out there. But we would be very relevant in CFB. And the taters would have less ACC titles because we would have won many.
Agree with your thoughts 100%.

Sorry if I came off like I was arguing a point. Clemson is there now so their mission was accomplished. We have not been there yet. I just know that if we were in the ACC we would probably have 1-2 wins per year more. But I never want to go back to the ACC

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
When you take off our "garnet glasses", folks outside of South Carolina that are not involved in the rivalry follow the winner. Clemson is a hot national brand right now. The football factories (IMG's, Matter Dei's, St Frances Academy) are loaded with blue chip recruits that steer their players to the "programs" such as Clemson, Alabama.
IMG is known to be a dirty program.... It's like eBay for high schools... The player goes to the highest bidder....

Coming from the tater that has spent years of his life posting on a rivals board I will take that as a compliment. Btw, I'm sure that you know both of them very well.

Bwahahaha. When did you get banned? Your post count is sweet.

Bwahahaha. When did you get banned? Your post count is sweet.

Not sure i get thw fascination with post count. Yours was once low. So what? Did that make your posts irrelevant? That is so stupid.

Btw, I have been an avid reader of this site for years but never posted. I did however post on a different site but I'm not even sure if it exists anymore not.

I must say though I've always been fascinated by your constant addiction to this board when you are clearly a Clemson fan. Are you part of that social media infiltration program Clemson created years ago in an effort to control all news concerning Clemson in this state? It's quite cultish don't you think?

Reactions: FJRTiger
Not sure i get thw fascination with post count. Yours was once low. So what? Did that make your posts irrelevant? That is so stupid.

Btw, I have been an avid reader of this site for years but never posted. I did however post on a different site but I'm not even sure if it exists anymore not.

I must say though I've always been fascinated by your constant addiction to this board when you are clearly a Clemson fan. Are you part of that social media infiltration program Clemson created years ago in an effort to control all news concerning Clemson in this state? It's quite cultish don't you think?

Quite a story, similar to your uncle friends cousins.

Reactions: PawsFan_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT