ADVERTISEMENT

Taters Freaking Out about Belk and Now Pickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
They know what's coming.
They remember the years we had nasty defense. Wasn't too good to be a tater those years. Muschamp seems to be building a DEEP bench with a lot of talent on that side of the ball. We could almost rotate 4 fresh d-lineman every series and not see much, if any drop off.

They remember the years we had nasty defense. Wasn't too good to be a tater those years. Muschamp seems to be building a DEEP bench with a lot of talent on that side of the ball. We could almost rotate 4 fresh d-lineman every series and not see much, if any drop off.
This has not happened yet. Hopefully it will the next 2 years.

I'm very happy that we are starting to pick up some high quality players. Also the coaching staff has been getting the most out of the players we have. However, our new success has no impact on what the other teams such as Georgia, Alabama, or Clemson have for starters and back ups. We are still not at that level and have zero reason to talk smack. Beating those teams with less talent is what we have done in the past and pulling those upsets are very rewarding. Can always talk after you do something but smack talk does not represent Gamecock nation well. I have been embarrassed by some scores, not the effort of the team, recently and can hardly wait to challenge some of the power teams. But letting our recruiting which is still behind theirs equate to their immediate destruction is not an intelligent hypothesis. I really think we can be competitive against anyone on the schedule this year but I would not talk garbage just because we picked up a 5 star for the '19 class. You just look stupid! MHO

I'm very happy that we are starting to pick up some high quality players. Also the coaching staff has been getting the most out of the players we have. However, our new success has no impact on what the other teams such as Georgia, Alabama, or Clemson have for starters and back ups. We are still not at that level and have zero reason to talk smack. Beating those teams with less talent is what we have done in the past and pulling those upsets are very rewarding. Can always talk after you do something but smack talk does not represent Gamecock nation well. I have been embarrassed by some scores, not the effort of the team, recently and can hardly wait to challenge some of the power teams. But letting our recruiting which is still behind theirs equate to their immediate destruction is not an intelligent hypothesis. I really think we can be competitive against anyone on the schedule this year but I would not talk garbage just because we picked up a 5 star for the '19 class. You just look stupid! MHO
Good post, but I would say during SOS 3 11 win seasons we had as good a talent as CU or UGa.

BuddyLee101514New Member
NewWhat has Muschamp ever done to be considered a better coach than Dabo? Serious answers only please

The difference is...Dabo is no “coach”. He couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag. He’s just a salesman! We run Muschamp’s defense.

What difference does that make? Maybe Dabo is smart enough to know that the NFL ain't worth it
Like it or not Dabo is no amazing coordinator or playcaller. He's an excellent recruiter and did the smartest thing anyone in a leadership role could do: He hired great people around him to do the things he cannot. He can't call plays? Who cares he had a great playcaller. He couldn't run schemes, who cares he has great coordinators. I don't think he's a great coach when it comes to X's and O's, but he hired the people that could. And Dabo wouldn't do good in the NFL, because he is a great recruiter, but not great at the above. There's no dinner with mom and pop on Sunday at a recruits house in the NFL. I'm sure he'll have a career as an AD after his college career.

Reactions: rogue cock
What difference does that make? Maybe Dabo is smart enough to know that the NFL ain't worth it
He hasn't even been approached to coach in the NFL. Who cares if he thinks it isn't worth it, the fact is they don't want him anyways.

Yeah well last time I check Spurrier was a huge flop in the NFL but a pretty damn good CFB coach so who cares if they don't want Dabo. Doesn't make him a bad college coach

Yeah well last time I check Spurrier was a huge flop in the NFL but a pretty damn good CFB coach so who cares if they don't want Dabo. Doesn't make him a bad college coach
I'd rather be a huge flop in the NFL than someone that never coached in the NFL.

Now is not the time the two coaches should be compared give Boom the same amount of years at Carolina that Dabo has had at Climzum then we'll talk. One difference though it Muschamp was a head coach at Fl. in the SEC before come to Carolina. He was fired but landed great jobs in the SEC. Dabo was a receiver coach who sold ins.

1st of all we haven't had anything to brag about against Clemson in a while. So let us have some funny party pooper. Several tater coaches and D-lineman was at the practice. And he picks us . Im sorry but that is funny. Dont like it dont read it.

He is also the guy who built Clemson into what it is now. Clemson has played for 2 national titles won one and been to playoffs 3 straight years. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive no matter who you pull for. We'll talk when/if Muschamp ever has all that on his resume

Say what you want, and I never have cared much for him, but he's got got a natty and that's all that needs to be said! When Boom gets one, then we can talk!

Reactions: Pole
He is also the guy who built Clemson into what it is now. Clemson has played for 2 national titles won one and been to playoffs 3 straight years. I'd say that's pretty damn impressive no matter who you pull for. We'll talk when/if Muschamp ever has all that on his resume
raining_david_tennant.gif

Now is not the time the two coaches should be compared give Boom the same amount of years at Carolina that Dabo has had at Climzum then we'll talk. One difference though it Muschamp was a head coach at Fl. in the SEC before come to Carolina. He was fired but landed great jobs in the SEC. Dabo was a receiver coach who sold ins.
Very good point. Boom is going into Year 3. Dabo is going into what year 10 or 11? It took him 5 years to beat us. (I do not count the victory with the interim tag).

Last time I checked great CEO's don't run any department where they work. Being a great coach is knowing your limitations and doing something about them. As long as you when who really cares how?

Reactions: flyfisher29640
T-Nut is hilarious! There’s a thread on there that states that...”Mud Champ reminds them of a classic Used Car Salesman”...Muschamp is a football coach. He coordinates the defense. Wonder what Dabo reminds them of? He’s a classic snake oil salesman...and not a coach.

Reactions: fire ant

BuddyLee101514New Member
NewWhat has Muschamp ever done to be considered a better coach than Dabo? Serious answers only please

The difference is...Dabo is no “coach”. He couldn’t coach his way out of a paper bag. He’s just a salesman! We run Muschamp’s defense.
T-Nut is hilarious! There’s a thread on there that states that...”Mud Champ reminds them of a classic Used Car Salesman”...Muschamp is a football coach. He coordinates the defense. Wonder what Dabo reminds them of? He’s a classic snake oil salesman...and not a coach.

One coach took over a struggling program and built it into a national champion and the other took over a national champion and built it into a struggling program...

that's what I've seen so far.

Last time I checked great CEO's don't run any department where they work. Being a great coach is knowing your limitations and doing something about them. As long as you when who really cares how?
Last time I checked, the CEO of a company has run about every dept. in the company and in some cases started in the mail room an worked his way up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT