ADVERTISEMENT

Taters having a complete meltdown

I don't know. Maybe so, maybe not. I don't question Clempson CAN make a good hire. But you have to admit that when schools go on a run like CU has been on, there is something special about the chemistry of the folks involved that makes it all work. When it starts to break apart, there are no guarantees you can put it back together. Maybe thats why Dabo is flirting with the LV Raiders.
Chemistry was an integral part of our CWS championships.

My gut is that Clemron will drop a few notches over the next few years, with records ranging from 8-4 to 10-2. But I think their run on the ersatz four-team CFP "playoff" is over.

Now when it becomes a real playoff with the champions of every FBS conference participating along with a few at-large bids to round out the 16-team field, they'll show up every few years.

Last edited:
I did jot down your member name so when all of tater town falls completely apart I can send you a post. Because also like a true tater, when the team disappoints you, you go away and hide under Howard's Rock. No Where to be Seen.
cutiger653 was, IMO, respectful in his post. My guess is that we'll see s/he from time to time, but again respectful in demeanor.

How many of those 15 wins were against USC? 7? LOL
OK, well hes beaten tOSU multiple times, OU multiple times, and ND multiple times along with a few others along the way. He knows what it takes to win against good teams. One of OUs problems has been that they havent been able to pull a lot of talent from places other that Texas and midwest. Venables could help them get into FL, GA, etc and pull more defensive talent. He does that and they could be REALLY good.

out of his league?...and a cheerleader? Pretty sure Beamer is using Dabo's exact playbook on trying to get Carolina relevant. The amount of braincells it took to write this post is embarrassing to other Carolina fans...take the garnet glasses off. Its embarrassing.
As soon as Beamer invites the media to a scripted and staged rant about his rival you can come back here.

Not 1, but 2 taters trying to hijack a post on a gamecock site. Gotta love it.
I wish this site
Agree. Most of us knew this is what happens when you build a successful program with successful coaches. I expect the next Clemson DC to be similarly successful.
Glad to have the Ignore Button!
I'm 68 years old. I have never been critical of the Gamecock posters on this site. I've been a Clemson fan all my life, a season ticket holder for many years and have never abandoned my Tigers.
So why come to this site? You are a Clemson fan. We are Carolina fans. Surely you can get enough discussion from Tiger Net!

I wish this site

So why come to this site? You are a Clemson fan. We are Carolina fans. Surely you can get enough discussion from Tiger Net!

I wish this site

1. For the entertainment.
2. There are some pretty reasonable people on here. It is interesting to hear their perspectives.

Reactions: atl-cock
Agree. Most of us knew this is what happens when you build a successful program with successful coaches. I expect the next Clemson DC to be similarly successful.
Everyone makes it sound like it's easy to just go out and grab a good defensive coordinator. If that's the case, why don't we grab one?

Everyone makes it sound like it's easy to just go out and grab a good defensive coordinator. If that's the case, why don't we grab one?
All comes down to evaluating their talent just evaluating players. Some coaches are better at it than others. Saban never seems to really have a problem on the offensive side of the ball. He is a defensive mind. Other coaches as well.

How many of those 15 wins were against USC? 7? LOL

Have you ever taken a look at Clemson’s record against the SEC? I guess we could go back and select a period of time when any SEC schools had an upper hand. It seems convenient to use the last few years when it suits you. The most recent two years you are 1-1. I have heard bragging about beating Alabama. Have you checked out your record against Alabama. It’s really humorous.

Reactions: lexgamecock
Eh, not sure how easy it is. That is why some coaches make so much bank. Dabo certainly earned his money when he transitioned from Steele to Coach V. As I said before, Shane seems to be doing a pretty darn good job so far, so he may find the right guys in the coming years. I just hope y'all aren't patient enough. 😁

Eh, not sure how easy it is. That is why some coaches make so much bank. Dabo certainly earned his money when he transitioned from Steele to Coach V. As I said before, Shane seems to be doing a pretty darn good job so far, so he may find the right guys in the coming years. I just hope y'all aren't patient enough. 😁
To be clear, my like is based on how you phrased the comment. Of course, I hope we are patient.

Kudos to you. 🍷

Reactions: 2TimeTiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT