ADVERTISEMENT

Taters turning down 5 stars

Give me some names Tater. Every recruiting service has a different DE ranked #1.
Clemson has two 4 star LB commitments with a good chance to land a 5 star LB from Virginia ( Antoine Sampah) and they have commitments from two 4 star DT's (Williams and Capehart) and think they'll get 5 star DT Bryan Bresee. Finally, they think they can sign 5 star DE Jordan Burch our local star at Hammond. If Carolina can get Burch, then Clemson has screwed up by passing on the Tenn. 5 star.

Reactions: cornstock84
Clemson has two 4 star LB commitments with a good chance to land a 5 star LB from Virginia ( Antoine Sampah) and they have commitments from two 4 star DT's (Williams and Capehart) and think they'll get 5 star DT Bryan Bresee. Finally, they think they can sign 5 star DE Jordan Burch our local star at Hammond. If Carolina can get Burch, then Clemson has screwed up by passing on the Tenn. 5 star.

It’s all a bit of drama-players never typically advertise that an offer is no longer commitable. They don’t want or need speculation that there’s some other issue. My guess is he just talked a little more than intended to the reporter and probably regrets it. Some rare guys are told we’ll hold a spot, others are told that there are four offers out and we’ll take the first two. It will be a real shock if Grimes goes anywhere other than Alabama. Only way is if he waits too long and they fill up too.

Give me some names Tater. Every recruiting service has a different DE ranked #1.
Smalls, Murphy, Flowe, Burch, Bresse, Samprah. Spelling on last 2 not sure. Supposively, (rumors only) they are getting 3-4 of those. Yes, some will be listed as DT and DE, as well as outside LB. Hopefully those turned down, will consider us seriously. Grimes wants to go to Tenn. or USC, now. Not go to his mother and father's school, Bama. We want him!!!!

He wasn't going to go to clemson. So this is the spin.
This is what I figured when the story came out. Taters putting a story out such as, "They can't take him because they are full, is their way of saving face when they've been turned down by a recruit." Kid is probably from an honest, ethical family who told their bag man, no thanks, when they made a cash offer to the kid and his family. If this is the case, then Bravo for this young man & his family...

Smalls, Murphy, Flowe, Burch, Bresse, Samprah. Spelling on last 2 not sure. Supposively, (rumors only) they are getting 3-4 of those. Yes, some will be listed as DT and DE, as well as outside LB. Hopefully those turned down, will consider us seriously. Grimes wants to go to Tenn. or USC, now. Not go to his mother and father's school, Bama. We want him!!!!
Burch has been on campus 3 weeks in a row and attended our spring game over Clemson. Read the tea leaves, gotta be a good sign .

This is what I figured when the story came out. Taters putting a story out such as, "They can't take him because they are full, is their way of saving face when they've been turned down by a recruit." Kid is probably from an honest, ethical family who told their bag man, no thanks, when they made a cash offer to the kid and his family. If this is the case, then Bravo for this young man & his family...

Isn't Grimes the one that told the reporter that Clemson told him they no longer had room for him? I hadn't read anything coming out of Clemson specifically.

Seriously this must be the only way the orange fan boys can get a hard on.
Well, there IS another way....

christian-wilkins

Reactions: PC31
He is a Bama legacy, not trying to be don downer here, but gonna be a tough pull.I believe in Boom though

The way Pruitt is recruiting he will probably stay home and go to Tennessee.

Reactions: ecrumpton
Did he ever commit to them? You cannot turn some one down if they have not committed. Guy could have been an undercover spy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT