ADVERTISEMENT

TCU vs UGA

Pulling for Georgia but sensing that TCU is a team of destiny, and after all those years in which Gary Patterson came up short. Hard to believe.

Reactions: CockySC01
If you’re pulling for Georgia I question your fanhood to USC - under NO circumstances is Georgia winning the title something that is in anyway good for us, screw the SEC ties
Georgia's not coming back to us no matter what they do in the championship game; we'll have to come up to them. The SEC brand might as well get the props.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Georgia's not coming back to us no matter what they do in the championship game; we'll have to come up to them. The SEC brand might as well get the props.
Agree. And with recruiting being so national, we recruit against Georgia just as much as anyone, Bama, Clemson, Texas, Michigan, doesnt matter. So the “SEC” patch needs to be as strong as possibe. Sell recruits on playing in THIS conference. TCU or any non SEC team winning it takes away from that, and that’s probably the biggest recruiting pitch we have

Reactions: king ward
If they win two in a row, they'll go dry for awhile. It's just too hard.
Maybe....odds against it for 3 in a row, but we'll most likely make the CFP next year. I doubt we lose a regular season game next year. Our defense is going to be among the best most years under Kirby.
First I just want to win our next game.

If they win two in a row, they'll go dry for awhile. It's just too hard.
I think you and I had a friendly bet about UGA winning a Natty a couple of years ago within so many years. If I remember correctly it had something to do with my avatar.

I think you and I had a friendly bet about UGA winning a Natty a couple of years ago within so many years. If I remember correctly it had something to do with my avatar.
I'll take your word for it, but I can't remember exactly right now. You know the percentages on three-peats. I would think that, more than most people, you wouldn't trivialize your team's accomplishment by using that term. You wouldn't want it to get around that I respect your team more than you do. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Think most everybody that doesn't support UGA all the time is pulling for TCU. But it will take a big effort, and some breaks for TCU to win. UGA came out as a 13.5 favorite, which is almost an unthinkable spread for a NC game. But am sure some of that thread is just figuring in the legacy spread because UGA is going to get a lot of play because of their history and being a familiar name. I don't think TCU can beat them, but would be fun to see.

Reactions: cocks rule
Many years ago my mother graduated from Pickens H.S. When it came time to pick a college Athens was closer to Pickens than Winthrop in Rock Hill. Even though she went to UGa. and as hard as I try I still have a problem pulling for them.

Many years ago my mother graduated from Pickens H.S. When it came time to pick a college Athens was closer to Pickens than Winthrop in Rock Hill. Even though she went to UGa. and as hard as I try I still have a problem pulling for them.
Your mother sounds like a wonderful lady.
Go Dawgs!

Reactions: Forever Fowl
I guess it doesn't matter to all the ANTI-SEC guys that if GA loses to TCU (Big Howevermany) that just might lead people to people to downgrade OUR GAMES because OUR BEST isn't good enough to win! I take it as a source of PRIDE that WE are in the BEST CONFERENCE - the one that is the HARDEST to win!! Yeah, it really doesn't matter if you pull for the other team because that really has NO bearing on the outcome - just shows a brand of mentality - LOSER MENTALITY!!

I guess it doesn't matter to all the ANTI-SEC guys that if GA loses to TCU (Big Howevermany) that just might lead people to people to downgrade OUR GAMES because OUR BEST isn't good enough to win! I take it as a source of PRIDE that WE are in the BEST CONFERENCE - the one that is the HARDEST to win!! Yeah, it really doesn't matter if you pull for the other team because that really has NO bearing on the outcome - just shows a brand of mentality - LOSER MENTALITY!!

Or maybe we don't place as much stock in what a bunch of kids do on the football field? Have you ever considered that a UGA win would be yet another catalyst to push top GA/SC recruits their way? Some of our best recruits of all time have been from GA, and UGA is typically entangled in every battle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT