ADVERTISEMENT

TCU vs UGA

Isn't the question what does it mean for USC though? Maybe the downstream SEC revenue and indirect clout gained from a conference NC supersedes intrateam recruiting battles? Who knows.
Let me answer this way: if something that raises the profile of the conference works against us, it isn't the conference that is in the wrong place.

Let me answer this way: if something that raises the profile of the conference works against us, it isn't the conference that is in the wrong place.

Belielve you're missing my point though. UGA-USC have recruiting battle lines and a UGA victory only deepens their advantage. As stated above, many of our top recruits throughout history have come from the State of Georgia and we're typically in heavy competition with UGA to that end.

Belielve you're missing my point though. UGA-USC have recruiting battle lines and a UGA victory only deepens their advantage. As stated above, many of our top recruits throughout history have come from the State of Georgia and we're typically in heavy competition with UGA to that end.
We're not going to out-recruit Kirby Smart in his honey spots no matter what - not for players he really craves. You know it and I know it. That would also be true if he were coaching someplace else. If we had gotten Smart to come here, he would have been recruiting Georgia hard and doing well at it.

We need to win this state and target our out-of-state recruiting more surgically, as we have recently done in the Mid-Atlantic states and Florida. Look, we didn't out-recruit Richt all those years he was underachieving.

Under Spurrier, we cleaned up in this state and had a great coach on the sideline, which enabled us to win a few games. Holtz used the same formula beating them in 2000 and 2001. Then Petty graduated and Lou went stupid in his offensive philosophy, emasculating his own son, and eventually blowing himself up.

Reactions: turncock
We're not going to out-recruit Kirby Smart in his honey spots no matter what - not for players he really craves. You know it and I know it. That would also be true if he were coaching someplace else. If we had gotten Smart to come here, he would have been recruiting Georgia hard and doing well at it.

We need to win this state and target our out-of-state recruiting more surgically, as we have recently done in the Mid-Atlantic states and Florida. Look, we didn't out-recruit Richt all those years he was underachieving.

Under Spurrier, we cleaned up in this state and had a great coach on the sideline, which enabled us to win a few games. Holtz used the same formula beating them in 2000 and 2001. Then Petty graduated and Lou went stupid in his offensive philosophy, emasculating his own son, and eventually blowing himself up.

Maybe so. It just feels counterintuitive to support their resume any further. I'm happy we're in the SEC. However, we're USC not the SEC. Until we win something within the conference (football), we're mostly carpetbaggers who happen to get a paycheck downstream.

"out-recruit" is a misnomer now...now it is out-bid until NIL rules change...the gap will widen as much as I hate to say it

Georgia's not coming back to us no matter what they do in the championship game; we'll have to come up to them. The SEC brand might as well get the props.
regardless of the monies given to South Carolina NIL that aint never going to happen

Reactions: king ward
As rare as it may be, the three of us are in complete agreement. Regardless of conference affiliation, UGA going back-to-back is not good for Clemson or S.Car.
feelsgoodman niccage GIF by FirstAndMonday

I'd rather LOSE to the BEST ! Don't get how you people can NOT want the SEC Team to win it all! Totally illogical! Hopefully a bunch of ELITE players will take a look at what GA has in reserve and decide to come HERE and PLAY rather than stand and watch for two or three years!!
I congratulate GA and Mr. Bennett for their awesome performance - also have to give some credit to their defense. Shows what a difference having that elite talent can make in a coaches "performance"!

Reactions: cockofdawn
I'd rather LOSE to the BEST ! Don't get how you people can NOT want the SEC Team to win it all! Totally illogical! Hopefully a bunch of ELITE players will take a look at what GA has in reserve and decide to come HERE and PLAY rather than stand and watch for two or three years!!
I congratulate GA and Mr. Bennett for their awesome performance - also have to give some credit to their defense. Shows what a difference having that elite talent can make in a coaches "performance"!
I always pull for SEC if they play outside the conference. Wow, They put a SEC whooping on the toads!!

Please pardon my intrusion for sticking my 2 cents in but, with all respect, while your points have merit, Tanner summed it up best: WIN ANYWAY.

UGA just has layers of 4-5 star recruits. Herbstreit alluded to it last night. If you're playing an up tempo game and a team can replace a quick giant with another quick giant in the blink of an eye, you're going to be in for a very long night. You're not going to be able to finesse your way through it over 60 minutes. There's only a few teams in country who can do that on any consistent basis - UGA, OSU, ALA...

The divide between pulling in recruiting classes in the Top #5 versus the Top #10 is large. The divide between the Top #5 and the Top #10-20 is massive. Sprinkle in the NIL and Portal situations, and now we have maybe 8 to 10 Super Teams encased in gold, with the rest of the field relegated to NPCs.

What does Clemson have to do with it? Showing you TRUE colors?
First, I do not like Clemson. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when UGA and Clemson played yearly just as UGA and South Carolina. They were a huge rival and I despise all teams with orange.

Second, I didn't bring up Clemson. I was simply responding to @LegalTiger ... as in a killing two birds with one stone kind of way. It was certainly not in any support of the fighting Dabos. Lol

Perhaps you mistakenly responded to me???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT