ADVERTISEMENT

Team Speed

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
Seems like this is part of the problem - especially on defense.

I'm wondering, especially after watching Deebo get chased down yesterday. I know he was tired/dinged but it's rare to see a WR get chased down like that.

I'm wondering, especially after watching Deebo get chased down yesterday. I know he was tired/dinged but it's rare to see a WR get chased down like that.

He kept looking back... Just run and worry about looking back later...

I understand the post but disagree. I don't think speed is the problem on the defense. Watch the replays closely. The guys are in the right spots but INTENTIONALLY move in a way as to avoid contact. It's true. Can be seen by anyone willing to admit that's EXACTLY what is going on.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I understand the post but disagree. I don't think speed is the problem on the defense. Watch the replays closely. The guys are in the right spots but INTENTIONALLY move in a way as to avoid contact. It's true. Can be seen by anyone willing to admit that's EXACTLY what is going on.

Agree . It’s not speed it’s lack of something that rhymes with Smalls .

Defenses that know their assignments play fast. I do not believe our guys are as slow as they seem. I think a lot of them just don’t know what’s going on. Some of that could be new guys from the injuries but it’s been a problem all year.

We are attempting to avoid targeting at all cost so we just grab at the football and hope the guy trips we would feel awful of someone got a twisted ankle or something like that. On the other hand we would be in the playoffs if we played flag football we got this grabbing thing down to a science.

It's not that rare. Geez

Reactions: GamecockJL

I'm wondering, especially after watching Deebo get chased down yesterday. I know he was tired/dinged but it's rare to see a WR get

We are attempting to avoid targeting at all cost so we just grab at the football and hope the guy trips we would feel awful of someone got a twisted ankle or something like that. On the other hand we would be in the playoffs if we played flag football we got this grabbing thing down to a science.
Well, that was funny when #10 was called for targeting even though he hit Franks, bounced off and fell on his back.

One thing you can't say about Champ is he has done a great job increasing team speed...that 2016 squad was slower than molasses sprinkled with concrete.We atill are maybe a step alower overall than Florida and Uga but we are getting there

The Florida player that caught him had an angle early then dove when it looked like he wasnt closing on Deebo anymore.

That #5 Florida player they say is the fastest guy on their team and is going to be playing in the NFL. Remember your faster running without a ball than you are carrying a ball. Deebo was running step for step with this guy with a football in his hand. The guy is good. No shame in #5 catching you

Defenses that know their assignments play fast. I do not believe our guys are as slow as they seem. I think a lot of them just don’t know what’s going on. Some of that could be new guys from the injuries but it’s been a problem all year.
One play in particular stood out in the 1st half. There was a WR screen to the left. We had 3-4 guys there and when it was clear the WR couldn't stay on that side, he crossed all the way back to the right sideline and picked up 12 yards. You have to be slow on D to allow that to happen.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT