ADVERTISEMENT

Tell me what Beamer has to work with in comparison to the Georgias, Bamas, UFs, etc.

saltlifeGamecock

Dec 18, 2006
We have inferior coaches, just look at the oline this past week. We have inferior athletes, just watch the oline, the DBs, Safeties and any other position on the field. Our QB was great in high school, but to be honest, that was his ceiling! Fact is, Beamer is inferior himself as are his oline coach, his rb coach and the coaching of hid QB and receivers. If you want to ride it out, it took his Dad 7 years to become respectable. I see 10 for Shane if at all.

We have inferior coaches, just look at the oline this past week. We have inferior athletes, just watch the oline, the DBs, Safeties and any other position on the field. Our QB was great in high school, but to be honest, that was his ceiling! Fact is, Beamer is inferior himself as are his oline coach, his rb coach and the coaching of hid QB and receivers. If you want to ride it out, it took his Dad 7 years to become respectable. I see 10 for Shane if at all.
I'm going to guess you started being a Carolina fan around 2009, and have way too high of expectations. We've lost ONE game.. to a team that is a legit national title contender. Change doesn't happen overnight. We are 2-1, and our next 4 games are all winnable..be happy

Absent the amazing 2-3 year run of talent in SCHS football, we've got pretty much the same or better level of talent we've had for many years. It shouldn't surprise anyone.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Seems you left out the baseball guy at the top.
OxTy.gif

I dont think it will take as long as it took Tanner to become a great AD

I'm going to guess you started being a Carolina fan around 2009, and have way too high of expectations. We've lost ONE game.. to a team that is a legit national title contender. Change doesn't happen overnight. We are 2-1, and our next 4 games are all winnable..be happy
It's not about whether we won or lost this particular game. I don't believe anyone on this forum expected to win this game. Georgia is a bigger, faster, and more talented football team, so there was little expectation that we could win. I feel about the same this week as last week. The reason is that I saw a team for two weeks in a row that was totally unprepared to play a football game. There is no excuse for that. Your team, no matter how inferior talent wise, should be prepared to play the game and play with intensity and discipline. There were so many blown assignments on both offense and defense I lost count. That was not because Georgia was more talented. Their talent didn't cause us to not know who to block or what pass routes to run, or what gap to fill in a certain situation. It didn't cause us to just allow receivers to run down field completely unguarded because of blown assignments. Those were mental mistakes on our part. Their talent also did not cause our team to be completely undisciplined and commit unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and jump offside a half dozen times. I did not expect to win Saturday, but I did expect our team to be mentally prepared to play and to put up a good fight. We did neither. I was at the game and I can tell you I was embarrassed for our team.

The issue with Carolina is an inferior Board of Trustees. I’m still very optimistic about Beamer and we all should be. It’s not as if our team is exactly loaded with star power like Alabama, UGA and Florida. It’s going to take a minute to build a program that can run with a legit play off team.

Last edited:
Nothing, there may be 3 or 4 players on our team that could start at Bama or UGA. It's all about recruiting and development. We can be top 20 in recruiting in the next and we'll still be 6th or 7th in SEC recruiting. Player development is the only thing we need to do better than the schools that recruit ahead of us. We need to find 3 stars we can turn into 4 stars. Muschamp tended to find 4 stars he could make into 2 stars.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT