ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Mack tweet

I'd like to see Frank Martin give Mack another chance to make his dreams come true. Maybe he needs some Frank Martin discipline. Like to see a local kid succeed. Flick came outta Dreher.

I hope he will. We still aren't sure what went wrong. Evidently he wasn't taking direction very well. Maybe Martin yelling at him would work. All the fans saw was after a close game, Mack was too demonstrative. More than reasonable. Not unusual for kids to be hotheaded. Right after that game was suspended, now off the team. Free to transfer. Just wouldn't listen. You know Shaka tried. Hard. The guy was the leading scorer.

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
T Mack come on back and form the dream team with pj like God intended in the first place(hopefully)

I'd sure roll the dice on him. I think it's a "nothing to lose" situation for us. We already know Martin can shed a player he needs to get rid of.

From what I understand from another local high school coach who has knowledge of the ins and outs of area players, Mack and PJ did not particularly care for each other and that is a nice way to put it. Also said we would be MUCH better off without him and not from a game play standpoint but from a locker room standpoint. Said PJ was the much better kid and had Mack come here, he would probably be off our team already as well. Says Shaka Smart is a good coach on and off the court and for him to do this by letting Mack go, tells him that it is something not going to be easily corrected between Macks ears. Smart apparently had some problems each of the last 2 years with Mack and finally enough became enough for him.
Take it for what it is worth. From a play standpoint, he might be great for us but from a locker room and headache standpoint, I understand that we would be better off without.

Just FYI, he also says the class we have coming in next year is really, REALLY good. Socastee kid is a project but said Frank loves 7 foot projects. The other three players as well as Holden are a very, very underrated group and will keep us in upper echelon of the league for next few years. Hopefully that holds true.

From what I understand from another local high school coach who has knowledge of the ins and outs of area players, Mack and PJ did not particularly care for each other and that is a nice way to put it. Also said we would be MUCH better off without him and not from a game play standpoint but from a locker room standpoint. Said PJ was the much better kid and had Mack come here, he would probably be off our team already as well. Says Shaka Smart is a good coach on and off the court and for him to do this by letting Mack go, tells him that it is something not going to be easily corrected between Macks ears. Smart apparently had some problems each of the last 2 years with Mack and finally enough became enough for him.
Take it for what it is worth. From a play standpoint, he might be great for us but from a locker room and headache standpoint, I understand that we would be better off without.

Just FYI, he also says the class we have coming in next year is really, REALLY good. Socastee kid is a project but said Frank loves 7 foot projects. The other three players as well as Holden are a very, very underrated group and will keep us in upper echelon of the league for next few years. Hopefully that holds true.
I'm afraid its going to take more than that. This team is a one trick pony. We have Sindarious and four other guys who basically just take up space on offense. Since we lose that pony this year, we've got nothing for next year. I seriously doubt there is another Sindarious among the group coming in.

I'm afraid its going to take more than that. This team is a one trick pony. We have Sindarious and four other guys who basically just take up space on offense. Since we lose that pony this year, we've got nothing for next year. I seriously doubt there is another Sindarious among the group coming in.

that is a harsh assesment that borders on the ridiculous...PJ as sophomore is better than Thornwell as a sophomore...Dozier works hard is getting better...All rational fans know he is struggling with back spasms and has some games where he moves a little stiff...Chris Silva is a baller a phenominal athlete with great quickness...Kotsar has skills and moxy...He lacks leg strength which undermines his offense...After a full off season of strength&conditioning Maik Kotsar will be much better...Gravett needs to shoot with more confidence...I love Rakym Felder's potential...He needs to clam himself down..But the majority of freshmen get out of control on occasion...Yes we will miss Sindarius Thornwell..He is not a 1 man team...The cupboard will be far from bare next season...All players can improve year by year if they work hard...I think Seidi Keita will be a baller...He needs a full year to recover his shooting stroke after not being able to take a shot for 3 months with a broken wrist...Finally i will not insult your intelligence and suggest that Gueye or Tut will help us next season

From all indications, the Beatty kid is really good and the Doumbai(sp?) is a freakish athlete that can play. Haase is supposed to be like Kotsar but stronger and more aggresive. I think the group will be good. Holden is highly thought of as well and can shoot outside shots better than anyone we put on the court now.

Reactions: lawcalcock

Do us all a favor and post less. Thanks.

that is a harsh assesment that borders on the ridiculous...PJ as sophomore is better than Thornwell as a sophomore...Dozier works hard is getting better...All rational fans know he is struggling with back spasms and has some games where he moves a little stiff...Chris Silva is a baller a phenominal athlete with great quickness...Kotsar has skills and moxy...He lacks leg strength which undermines his offense...After a full off season of strength&conditioning Maik Kotsar will be much better...Gravett needs to shoot with more confidence...I love Rakym Felder's potential...He needs to clam himself down..But the majority of freshmen get out of control on occasion...Yes we will miss Sindarius Thornwell..He is not a 1 man team...The cupboard will be far from bare next season...All players can improve year by year if they work hard...I think Seidi Keita will be a baller...He needs a full year to recover his shooting stroke after not being able to take a shot for 3 months with a broken wrist...Finally i will not insult your intelligence and suggest that Gueye or Tut will help us next season

And none of them can shoot. As Frank has said time and time again this season, "If you can't score, you can't win."

Kory Holden is an excellent player and PJ and Chris are back, too. Don't sell Frank short.

Seems like I read similar statements last year when we were losing Carrera and the Lithuanians. How did that turn out?

Reactions: myrtlecock
Is that you Atlantacock?

Reactions: myrtlecock
Seems like I read similar statements last year when we were losing Carrera and the Lithuanians. How did that turn out?
You didn't hear it from me. Last year we had Sindarious. Duane Notice seemed a little more consistent last year as well, and with Silva's athleticism coming in as a Freshman, I thought we would be better this year. I was never really high on the 2 Lithuanians, but I felt losing Carrera would hurt some. I felt we could make up for that and we did, but mostly from Sindarious stepping up even more. I don't see that guy currently on the team that can be the scorer, and play the defense, and rebound, and get loose balls, and ....and.....and.....and that Sindarious does. I sure hope I am wrong and that these guys really step up and produce offensively next year, but it is a real concern at this point. I don't see how any sane person can look at this and not be concerned. For all you people commenting about the recruits coming in all I can do is SMH. If we have to rely on freshmen next year we are in trouble. Unless you are Kentucky and get the best of the best recruits, freshmen usually take some time to develop. Case in point - PJ. He was a McDonald's All-American and struggled as a Freshman. Even as a Soph, he still has a long way to go to be a dominant player.

You didn't hear it from me. Last year we had Sindarious. Duane Notice seemed a little more consistent last year as well, and with Silva's athleticism coming in as a Freshman, I thought we would be better this year. I was never really high on the 2 Lithuanians, but I felt losing Carrera would hurt some. I felt we could make up for that and we did, but mostly from Sindarious stepping up even more. I don't see that guy currently on the team that can be the scorer, and play the defense, and rebound, and get loose balls, and ....and.....and.....and that Sindarious does. I sure hope I am wrong and that these guys really step up and produce offensively next year, but it is a real concern at this point. I don't see how any sane person can look at this and not be concerned. For all you people commenting about the recruits coming in all I can do is SMH. If we have to rely on freshmen next year we are in trouble. Unless you are Kentucky and get the best of the best recruits, freshmen usually take some time to develop. Case in point - PJ. He was a McDonald's All-American and struggled as a Freshman. Even as a Soph, he still has a long way to go to be a dominant player.
Let's worry about this year and winning a game or two in the NCAA. Worry about next year, next year. One or two incoming Freshmen can really make a B.B. team. No one knows how these incoming freshmen will look next year but with Dozier, Kotsar, Silva and Felder (among others) we should be very competitive in the SEC.

I'm just thrilled we are going to be dancing this year. Let's enjoy the ride rather than bitch and worry about next year.

IMO, I think Dozier's game will take another step forward next year. When Sin was out for those 6 games PJ really stepped it up. He knew it was his team for those 6 games with Thornwell's absence. When Sin came back PJ didn't have to be "The Guy" any longer. Next season he will again be in the position to be "The Guy" and I think his game will reflect that. Again this is just my opinion.

IMO, I think Dozier's game will take another step forward next year. When Sin was out for those 6 games PJ really stepped it up. He knew it was his team for those 6 games with Thornwell's absence. When Sin came back PJ didn't have to be "The Guy" any longer. Next season he will again be in the position to be "The Guy" and I think his game will reflect that. Again this is just my opinion.
Agree. Dozier's issues are 99% mental. I'm confident he'll work through those issues this summer and will also get stronger physically. He'll be fine.

Reactions: fire ant
Says Shaka Smart is a good coach on and off the court and for him to do this by letting Mack go, tells him that it is something not going to be easily corrected between Macks ears. Smart apparently had some problems each of the last 2 years with Mack and finally enough became enough for him.

That is what they are saying in Austin too. Smart would never get rid of his leading scorer without trying everything he could first.

Let's worry about this year and winning a game or two in the NCAA. Worry about next year, next year. One or two incoming Freshmen can really make a B.B. team. No one knows how these incoming freshmen will look next year but with Dozier, Kotsar, Silva and Felder (among others) we should be very competitive in the SEC.

I'm just thrilled we are going to be dancing this year. Let's enjoy the ride rather than bitch and worry about next year.
I am smart enough that I can do both.

you could star in the remake of Clueless! Hands down. this has been the best audition for that role.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT