ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs WVU

Hate the state of WV but it was a great game
I'm 68 years old, almost, and this is the second time WVU has done something to oblige me. Most of y'all won't need but one guess at the other time. Texas is in my Hatred Pantheon. The team WVU beat that other time occupies the primary place in the Hatred Pantheon.

That's the kind of decision that either immortalizes a coach - at least at the school where he's coaching - or consigns him to infamy. That was a mammoth moment for Holgorson.
Agreed. Don't know much about him but he seems like a happy go lucky kind of guy. He was really enjoying things down the stretch. On the other hand, Herman's butt hole was so tight, his eyes were squinting.

He only made the decision once and it wasn't made today.
Not sure I follow you. Two attempts, both worked. First one worked but didn't count after it was ruled Texas got a TO in prior to the snap. Second attempt worked and counted. Double gutsy move.

Last edited:
Not sure I follow you. Two attempts, both worked. First one worked but didn't count after it was ruled Texas got a TO in prior to the snap. Second attempt worked and counted. Double gutsy move.
I am saying that he made the decision prior to the game that if they were in that situation, they would go for two. There was no decision to be made at the end off the game. It certainly appeared the decision was already made in advance. Very ballsy. I liked it.

Reactions: bucketdad
He said in a interview he made the decision before today and they were ready to go for it as stas they scored

Reactions: viennacocks
It was a great game to see live. Grier and Stills are probably both first round picks. Texas now wants WVa to win out. With OU coming back to beat Tx Tech, Texas needs WVa to beat OU in the last game of their season. If they do Texas might still have a chance at the conference championship game. Everyone knew WVa would go for two rather than take overtime.

Went to quite a few WVU games when they were in the Big East but this Big 12 thing is weirder than Mizzou. At least to me, not sure how their fans feel about it. Would love them in the ACC taking names, or the SEC. They definitely seem to be TCB in the B12

The Big 12 certainly wouldn't trade West Virginia for Missouri. Missouri is flat weird.
WTH was the SEC thinking inviting that B10 reject? Wva would have fit in culturally a lot better than Mo. It shouldn't all be about tv eyes.

WTH was the SEC thinking inviting that B10 reject? Wva would have fit in culturally a lot better than Mo. It shouldn't all be about tv eyes.
It was as much about academics as viewers. And the B10 didn't really reject Mizzou...Mizzou didn't want the offer that Nebraska eventually accepted and pressed for a better deal.

Reactions: Gaimcock
WVa and culturally in the same sentence. Wow. That may be a first............
Hmm.. You prefer the culture of rioting, chanting, demonstrating of a campus filled with privileged students? Don't be a snob. WVa is more evenly matched with the rest of the SEC than those pretenders.
It was as much about academics as viewers. And the B10 didn't really reject Mizzou...Mizzou didn't want the offer that Nebraska eventually accepted and pressed for a better deal.
WHAT???!!! Mo whored themselves out for a B10 invite. I remember reading an article about Mo "lifting its skirts" for a B10 invite. With WVa in the SEC East, USC wouldn't be traveling to Siberia for an East foe.

Game of the year. Holgerson has balls of steel. Going for two and the win on the road.

If it was me, I would not go for 2 and kick the extra point and go into overtime.

But was s gutsy call to make, not once but twice. Back to back...

I thought the timeout Texas was bush league at the last second before the ball was snap, and I blamed the referees granting it...

But come back out in the same formation and came with another option was great!

That TD pass at the end was a Heisman caliber throw by Grier. I've got a lot of WVU friends from my time living near DC and I was thrilled for them. WVU fans have been teased a lot by a team that looks unbeatable early in the season only to come up short at the end. I hope the Mountaineers win out and I hope that, somehow, ND, Clemson, or Michigan stumbles down the stretch to make this playoff race interesting.

That TD pass at the end was a Heisman caliber throw by Grier. I've got a lot of WVU friends from my time living near DC and I was thrilled for them. WVU fans have been teased a lot by a team that looks unbeatable early in the season only to come up short at the end. I hope the Mountaineers win out and I hope that, somehow, ND, Clemson, or Michigan stumbles down the stretch to make this playoff race interesting.
Michigan is not beating OSU. That said, I would love to see the big ten shut out of the playoffs.

Hmm.. You prefer the culture of rioting, chanting, demonstrating of a campus filled with privileged students? Don't be a snob. WVa is more evenly matched with the rest of the SEC than those pretenders.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Jerry, the statement made no comparison between WVA and MO, just cutting up with my WVa friends.

WHAT???!!! Mo whored themselves out for a B10 invite. I remember reading an article about Mo "lifting its skirts" for a B10 invite. With WVa in the SEC East, USC wouldn't be traveling to Siberia for an East foe.
Read the articles in the Columbus Dispatch on the B10 expansion and the Mizzou bid versus the Nebraska bid. The Dispatch wasn't pleased with how it turned out because Nebraska is the only non-AAU member of the B10 and the issue was over revenue sharing for TV, but more importantly university research funds.

Read the articles in the Columbus Dispatch on the B10 expansion and the Mizzou bid versus the Nebraska bid. The Dispatch wasn't pleased with how it turned out because Nebraska is the only non-AAU member of the B10 and the issue was over revenue sharing for TV, but more importantly university research funds.

Nebraska was a member of the AAU when they were accepted into the Big Ten on June 12, 2010. The AAU later dropped them, literally the next year.

May, 8, 2011-For the first time in its 111-year history, an organization made up of the nation’s leading research universities has voted to oust one of its members, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln.

The ouster by the prestigious and prominent group, the Association of American Universities, was particularly painful to Nebraska since the university was one of its earliest members, admitted in 1909. But for several years, Nebraska has lagged behind most others on the criteria for membership — primarily competitive research financing and the share of faculty in the National Academies, which issues policy reports and advice.

“We have known we were at risk of this for 10 years, and successfully fought off a similar threat in 2000,” the university’s chancellor, Harvey Perlman, said in a Friday afternoon e-mail to faculty and staff announcing what he called the “disconcerting news.” “I had hoped our extraordinary accomplishments and steep trajectory would have made us less vulnerable, but the A.A.U.’s approach to the review made this result inevitable.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/education/03aau.html

Michigan is not beating OSU. That said, I would love to see the big ten shut out of the playoffs.

Michigan is playing very well right now. Nebraska almost beat Ohio State this weekend. Ohio State beat Penn State by one, Michigan beat them by 35. I know the transitive stuff doesn't work very well, but Ohio State is just not very strong this year. TCU is a bad team this year, yet they led Ohio State half way through the 3rd qtr.

Nebraska was a member of the AAU when they were accepted into the Big Ten on June 12, 2010. The AAU later dropped them, literally the next year.

May, 8, 2011-For the first time in its 111-year history, an organization made up of the nation’s leading research universities has voted to oust one of its members, the University of Nebraska at Lincoln.

The ouster by the prestigious and prominent group, the Association of American Universities, was particularly painful to Nebraska since the university was one of its earliest members, admitted in 1909. But for several years, Nebraska has lagged behind most others on the criteria for membership — primarily competitive research financing and the share of faculty in the National Academies, which issues policy reports and advice.

“We have known we were at risk of this for 10 years, and successfully fought off a similar threat in 2000,” the university’s chancellor, Harvey Perlman, said in a Friday afternoon e-mail to faculty and staff announcing what he called the “disconcerting news.” “I had hoped our extraordinary accomplishments and steep trajectory would have made us less vulnerable, but the A.A.U.’s approach to the review made this result inevitable.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/education/03aau.html
Thanks. I knew it was around the same time and there were concerns about Nebraska's AAU status...just couldn't remember what those issues were.

Michigan is playing very well right now. Nebraska almost beat Ohio State this weekend. Ohio State beat Penn State by one, Michigan beat them by 35. I know the transitive stuff doesn't work very well, but Ohio State is just not very strong this year. TCU is a bad team this year, yet they led Ohio State half way through the 3rd qtr.
Ohio State is not losing to them at home. Simple as that. If they were playing in the big house, I would be singing a different tune.

Ohio State is not losing to them at home. Simple as that. If they were playing in the big house, I would be singing a different tune.

Ohio State certainly is better at home, but Nebraska led them at half there. Nebraska isn't very good. This just isn't as strong an Ohio State team as past years, maybe it is the coaching turmoil.

Thanks. I knew it was around the same time and there were concerns about Nebraska's AAU status...just couldn't remember what those issues were.

Even if they weren't kicked out until a year later, that review process took a long time, so academics might have known it wasn't going well.

Reactions: rogue cock
Patterson and the nation's top defense have Harbaugh in a position to legitimize himself. He has a one-year window. I hope it slams closed on him.

What's Harbaugh's buy-out? I thought it was pretty darn prohibitive.
I was hoping an NFL team would cover it if his position at UM gets tenuous, or at least it's obvious he won't be getting them to the Promised Land. This is his signature year so far. I want it to come up short.

I dislike both Urban and Harbaugh, so it is hard to choose.
Ohio State is already a perennial and traditional power. We don't need another traditional power to return to being a perennial power from that conference and that part of the country. I like keeping the strength of college football in the southern tier of states. Besides, if Meyer is smarmy, Harbaugh is an arrogant flake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT