ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for asking the question Kornblut....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed at first, but I think this may be more on point than a lot of things being thrown out.

Cops are people, they dont shoot flies off soda cans during firearm practice.
Yeah, and they deserve as close to a 100% chance as possible to go home to their families and for their kids to have parents. Reducing that likelihood in any significant way just to accommodate a criminal is not acceptable in my book. It’s strange to me that is even up for debate.

Muschamp included. Ironic that he would think he's knowledgeable enough to know how cops should handle tense situations when I have never seen him handle tense situations well.
If timeouts were handguns, the players and fans would have to wear bullet proof vests around Muschamp.

In all seriousness, just think about the incompetence and indifference you experience dealing with people on a daily basis. Or even your own mistakes; none of us are immune. And some people want to demand absolute perfection from an officer that has so much adrenaline running through his/her veins it’s hard to fathom. I’m amazed how well they actually perform in those situations on a consistent basis.

I understand completely what you're saying but answer me this. If he did have a knife, unless he is within reach to hurt you or is charging at you with the knife, how is the cops life in imminent danger? It just seems to me that in a lot of these instances officers aren't exhausting all options before deciding to use deadly force.

The kids were in the car with the knife, right? How much outrage if he reaches back and kills a kid?

And yes, a man holding a gun while a cop yells at him to drop it is a threat.

I suppose the takeaway is that the cop is processing "threat" to be to himself/her self and those around them etc.

It's not simple, and we're talking instantaneous decisions without sitting around to think about it.

Reactions: BlueCord86
Muschamp better focus his efforts towards coaching football and let these issues work out. He's got bigger fish to fry and it does not involve so called social justice issues. I didn't like his comments we don't need a multi million dollar social justice warrior. He and Dawn need to coach, that's what they are paid to do. Disappointed in Muschamp.
Says a guy posting his opinion online. Perhaps you should take your own advice, shut up and concentrate on whatever job you do.

Yeah, and they deserve as close to a 100% chance as possible to go home to their families and for their kids to have parents. Reducing that likelihood in any significant way just to accommodate a criminal is not acceptable in my book. It’s strange to me that is even up for debate.
I expect cops to take a bullet for me if necessary. If that's something they are not willing to do, then turn in their badges. They swear an oath to protect and serve, not shoot up everyone that scares them.
There is no justification for shooting someone in the back.

I expect cops to take a bullet for me if necessary. If that's something they are not willing to do, then turn in their badges. They swear an oath to protect and serve, not shoot up everyone that scares them.
Let's say you were unable to detain someone is drug induced, who will not follow your orders and he or she lunges inside a vehicle after making a verbal threat to do bodily harm to you. Would you now stop and call in a social worker to talk to them? When your life is threatened, you will do what it takes.

I saw a man shot 7 times in the back......
i
you’ve never been put in that situation - then what you just said is the most ridiculous thing ever - so by your standards , the officer should have let the violent felon grab the knife and stab him with it before shooting?

you are wrong - ignorance of what was happening

It’s now known there was a gun in the car, so what else is there to argue? He had a gun and he had a violent past.
That’s the point people are missing - the officer sees him going for the gun and takes the appropriate action - problem is that some idiots expect the officer to wait until the guy turns with the gun and then have a shootout with him - if these same hypocrites were put in that same situation, they would have done the same thing or went to the morgue instead of going home. Wait until all the facts come out before making yourself sound like an idiot

And
I understand completely what you're saying but answer me this. If he did have a knife, unless he is within reach to hurt you or is charging at you with the knife, how is the cops life in imminent danger? It just seems to me that in a lot of these instances officers aren't exhausting all options before deciding to use deadly force.
Regardless of your apparent belief that you have a deep understanding of the law enforcement dynamic and stage, if the criminal simply complies and doesn’t escalate the situation, everyone survives. It’s that simple. If law and order is to be maintained, that will not change.

That’s the point people are missing - the officer sees him going for the gun and takes the appropriate action - problem is that some idiots expect the officer to wait until the guy turns with the gun and then have a shootout with him - if these same hypocrites were put in that same situation, they would have done the same thing or went to the morgue instead of going home. Wait until all the facts come out before making yourself sound like an idiot
Only stepping in to say: there was no gun, I don't know what DarnSteph is referring to. However, at the point this happened, whether there was a gun or not is completely irrelevant.

Only stepping in to say: there was no gun, I don't know what DarnSteph is referring to. However, at the point this happened, whether there was a gun or not is completely irrelevant.
And the officers knew this how, particularly given what the guy had just said? I swear some of you act like these incidents should be treated as counseling sessions. Those sections of roadways named for slain law enforcement officers are testimony to the Mr. Rogers approach.

I expect cops to take a bullet for me if necessary. If that's something they are not willing to do, then turn in their badges.

Interesting tangent. The supreme court ruled that the police are not obligated to protect someone who is not "in custody".

Reactions: BlueCord86
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT