ADVERTISEMENT

That was a different team

ChucktownCock2001

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2011
Mt. Pleasant, SC
I am not 100% sure what happened. It seemed like the offensive play calling was different but that was a totally different team than the one we have seen this season. Jason browns mobility and ability to stretch the field is certainly helpfull. I cant even begin to explain how much that game tonight re-energized me and I imagine most others. Go cocks!

I am not 100% sure what happened. It seemed like the offensive play calling was different but that was a totally different team than the one we have seen this season. Jason browns mobility and ability to stretch the field is certainly helpfull. I cant even begin to explain how much that game tonight re-energized me and I imagine most others. Go cocks!
80% of that was down to the offensive line playing well. Everything worked because we were dominating up front, and most season we might as well not had an OL. Suddenly it's easier to call for plays because you aren't trying to invent an offense and work around like play.

Put whatever percentage you want on the offensive line. Jason Brown avoided the rush and proved we could throw the ball effectively. That’s what we’ve been missing.
80% of that was down to the offensive line playing well. Everything worked because we were dominating up front, and most season we might as well not had an OL. Suddenly it's easier to call for plays because you aren't trying to invent an offense and work around like play.

If the chatter from the announcers and Beamer is true that the players are wanting more competitive activities and longer practices, then the culture shift this program needed may be taking hold. It is a process, and may not always show up on the field early, but it eventually will.

If the chatter from the announcers and Beamer is true that the players are wanting more competitive activities and longer practices, then the culture shift this program needed may be taking hold. It is a process, and may not always show up on the field early, but it eventually will.
Can’t imagine the buzz at practice Monday. Attitude is everything.
Go Cocks!

OL played a great game run @ pass blocking tonight! Makes a HUGE difference!💪💪😬
They did a lot of pulling the guards tonight that I don’t think I’ve really seen before this season. It was some different plays for sure. Brown also has a lot more poise in the pocket than either Noland or Doty which makes everything work better.

It was certainly an intriguing game.

Florida came into the game 6th nationally in rushing offense, and were 56th in passing offense. Meanwhile, we came into the game ranked 87th nationally in rushing defense, and 12th in passing defense. So Florida and Mullen predominantly throw the ball against us. Makes perfect sense....

Of course, Florida's top two rushers are their QBs: Jones and Anthony Richardson. Richardson was apparently not available for the game - it could've been that the Gators were down to Jones as a capable QB for the game, and therefore chose to not run him to keep him healthy. But the game sure went different than many expected it to.....

I have been on the fence about Beamer, but the team certainly looked great tonight. If you hold the head coach accountable for a bad game, then you need to give credit for a good game. They looked better tonight than any Gamecock team since Spurrier left. Just a world of difference from earlier games. Hats off to Shane Beamer and staff!
PS, can we get a sixth year of eligibility for Brown? What a boost for the offense.

It’s really indescribable what just happened. We haven’t been able to run on ANYONE this year. We go out and push UF around and pick up yards in chunks. I’ve got NO idea what the coaches did in the off week, but it worked.
Don't know if anyone caught it, but the announcers said that Beamer had their defensive analyst take a look at the offence to see if they could spot anything like they do against their opponents.

Not sure I have ever seen a Carolina team go into a game as a 20 point underdog and dismantle a team like that. If we can close with wins at least over Mizzou and Clempson this would be a really successful first year for Coach Beamer.

I agree!

Does Brown take an unusually deep drop, when going back to pass?
I thought so. Kinda makes sense in our case tho doesnt it? Dont know if he's always done that or just has a feel of what he needs to do. It works!

I have been on the fence about Beamer, but the team certainly looked great tonight. If you hold the head coach accountable for a bad game, then you need to give credit for a good game. They looked better tonight than any Gamecock team since Spurrier left. Just a world of difference from earlier games. Hats off to Shane Beamer and staff!
PS, can we get a sixth year of eligibility for Brown? What a boost for the offense.
Brown is back next year. He's a senior but he gets a 6th year availability due to covid.

They did a lot of pulling the guards tonight that I don’t think I’ve really seen before this season. It was some different plays for sure. Brown also has a lot more poise in the pocket than either Noland or Doty which makes everything work better.
They did some against Kentucky, I think, but they didn't stick with it. They were more multiple in the run scheme but I think we still ran zone and executed far better than we did all year.

Guys I don’t know what to say other than somebody coached their ass off during that bye week. The kids could have easily checked out after tamu, but someone kept them engaged and attentive, they were asking for extra practice! Best line play I’ve seen both sides in a while, no penalties, come on we’ve been undisciplined all year! I would have never guessed it, but that’s the best qb play we’ve seen in a while, guys making great catches, just a lot to be proud of, got to be coaching, circle the wagons trust and love each other goes a long way!

Not sure I have ever seen a Carolina team go into a game as a 20 point underdog and dismantle a team like that. If we can close with wins at least over Mizzou and Clempson this would be a really successful first year for Coach Beamer.
It would be great to win those two for sure. However, if we win just one more to get to six wins, Beamer will have a lot to sell on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: USC2USC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT