ADVERTISEMENT

The baseball coach at CoC was terminated today. Pete Yanity said Holbrook might

be the replacement at CoC. I would like to see Holbrook succeed somewhere, it would be a great opportunity for Chad if he did get the CoC job. I wish Chad the best of luck, except against us, because while he was not a good fit for us he is a super human being.

Yeah, this is the type of program Chad needed to start out...

SIAP but what was the deal with the CofC coach? I read he is being accused of "abusive treatment of players". WTH?

Reactions: Jpcooper
be the replacement at CoC. I would like to see Holbrook succeed somewhere, it would be a great opportunity for Chad if he did get the CoC job. I wish Chad the best of luck, except against us, because while he was not a good fit for us he is a super human being.

I would be very surprised if he was really under consideration. I am not talking anything about coaching...I just know the underlying mood of Charlestonians towards USC...in best terms it is uneasy. I doubt they would be able to sell him to their fans and coming strait from USC does not help. For them..someone being affiliated with USC is more of a ding rather than a plus.

I would be very surprised if he was really under consideration. I am not talking anything about coaching...I just know the underlying mood of Charlestonians towards USC...in best terms it is uneasy. I doubt they would be able to sell him to their fans and coming strait from USC does not help. For them..someone being affiliated with USC is more of a ding rather than a plus.
Do you know who coached the College of Charleston as recently as 2015?

Reactions: Lakecock1
Do you know who coached the College of Charleston as recently as 2015?

Lee..but that was a time when the iron was hot for anybody associated with our bb program. Even then I bet the USC connection was not a plus on that alone.

cocky4Active Member
New

What a crock of S#*t! Monte Lee was the baseball coach recently, and Bobby Cremins was the Bball coach. This individual doesn't know what he's talking about.

cocky4Active Member
New

What a crock of S#*t! Monte Lee was the baseball coach recently, and Bobby Cremins was the Bball coach. This individual doesn't know what he's talking about.

If you knew half of what you think you do then you would know that Kresse pretty much hand picked his NY old friend Cremins. It had nothing to do with USC....just a geographic fluke that South Carolina is where it happened.

If they are truly that arrogant, then not hiring CH would be their loss.

Monte is a CofC grad. THAT is why he coached at CofC. They couldn't have cared less about his USC ties.
Read the post I replied to. It stated that affiliations to USC are a ding. I stated noything of any other ties. The post is absolutely ludicrous and bears no weight on the decision for the coaching search.

Did not know that. Why the resentment towards USC from Charlestonians?

cocky4Active Member
New

cocky4Active Member
New

If you knew half of what you think you do then you would know that Kresse pretty much hand picked his NY old friend Cremins. It had nothing to do with USC....just a geographic fluke that South Carolina is where it happened.

Your statement is total BS...I'm from Charleston. There is no such resentment of Carolina. Lots of Carolina fans here.

Reactions: graced11
Did not know that. Why the resentment towards USC from Charlestonians?

I did not state a resentment..more like a
cocky4Active Member
New

cocky4Active Member
New

Your statement is total BS...I'm from Charleston. There is no such resentment of Carolina. Lots of Carolina fans here.

OK...could be my old out of date and probably flawed perception or maybe I was hanging out with the wrong people. In my younger day it seemed to me there was a city rivalry...anytime you mentioned Columbia or USC....it often was followed by some slight eyes rolling. I am a Columbia native and have not known any resentment the other way. It also could be that I am widely known as an ass...so that could have been a major player here. Anyway sorry if you felt that I besmirched your fine city and apologize. Sorry

cocky4Active Member
New

cocky4Active Member
New

Do you cut and paste your reply to folks you're replying too instead of going to their comments and hitting the reply button???

Just wondering... It seems to be a lot of work and hard to follow at times...

Reactions: cockofdawn
Cocky4...Now, if you are talking about a rivalry between Cola and Charleston, I'll give you that. There may be a little resentment between the two there. I'm talking purely about Carolina. There is NO resentment toward the University.

Reactions: cocky4
Cocky4...Now, if you are talking about a rivalry between Cola and Charleston, I'll give you that. There may be a little resentment between the two there. I'm talking purely about Carolina. There is NO resentment toward the University.
...and I always thought the bigger rivalry was between the Charleston area and the Greenville-Spartanburg area...especially when it came to economic development, state spending and projects, etc.

I did not state a resentment..more like a

OK...could be my old out of date and probably flawed perception or maybe I was hanging out with the wrong people. In my younger day it seemed to me there was a city rivalry...anytime you mentioned Columbia or USC....it often was followed by some slight eyes rolling. I am a Columbia native and have not known any resentment the other way. It also could be that I am widely known as an ass...so that could have been a major player here. Anyway sorry if you felt that I besmirched your fine city and apologize. Sorry
Seems there is always resentment for State capitols. Charlotte / Raleigh
Nashville / Knoxville.

College of Charleston hires a Power 5 coach and meanwhile we're stealing from the ranks of midmajors?? Pathetic!!

I live here and I've never felt that. What's your source?

there's no resentment of USC by charlestonians. Where the heck did that come from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT