ADVERTISEMENT

the buyout, blunder or brilliant

be cocky

Jan 29, 2019
Mount Pleasant
short and sweet. on paper the buyout looks ridiculous considering the results. but!! now that usc has started paying real money to coaching staff with serious implications as far as buyouts, we opened the door a little more to the job. some say usc hbc isn’t a desired opportunity. i say nay, now that money is getting tossed around, we could actually get a few poeple who were off our boards in years past. the city is currently in a long process of beautification, the area around the stadium is already three shades lighter than it was ten years ago. brand spankin new ops center, indoor practice facility, loyal fanbase... list goes on. any reason to not want to be here?

Tell you what: I'll sign a 4-year deal to coach the team if you give me a buyout after the first year that is half the size of Muschamp's. I won't even make you pay me a salary the first year. How about that?

Go do work and find an up and comer....roll tha dice on tha cheap...we are NOT ohio state, bama...etc

short and sweet. on paper the buyout looks ridiculous considering the results. but!! now that usc has started paying real money to coaching staff with serious implications as far as buyouts, we opened the door a little more to the job. some say usc hbc isn’t a desired opportunity. i say nay, now that money is getting tossed around, we could actually get a few poeple who were off our boards in years past. the city is currently in a long process of beautification, the area around the stadium is already three shades lighter than it was ten years ago. brand spankin new ops center, indoor practice facility, loyal fanbase... list goes on. any reason to not want to be here?
WTF does “three shades lighter” mean?

Reactions: SC 95

Sure. Your two main rivals Georgia and Clemson are both elite programs right now. A downside to recruiting because of it.
SEC schedule. You can have a top 20 recruiting year at USC. Then realize that you finished 7th in recruiting within your own conference.
I'm glad Columbia supoosedly has a big beautification process in place. A total non factor.
Lack of tradition.

Apparently Ray was passing out good money on the last search. After getting played by more desirable targets in pursuit of other jobs, Tay was left with Muschamp. There are lots of reasons why USC cannot attract an elite coach in their prime. And no, there isnt a coach in America that gives the slightest damn about Columbia's beautification program.

A buyout of $18 million isn't going to save Muschamp......Anything thinking that will have the slightest effect on the decision to retain him or not is just nuts....

Pretty easy math to figure out it would cost you more for him to stay at this point

WTF does “three shades lighter” mean?
it just means that the area looks drastically better than what it was. it’s a painting term. like “slap some paint on it.” paint an old fence and it looks new again. one of my grandfather’s many idioms from the mnts of tennessee. at least i dont come up in here with latin, en fragante!!

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
...brand spankin new ops center, indoor practice facility, loyal fanbase... list goes on. any reason to not want to be here?
giphy.gif

The buyout was a huge mistake.

* First couple of years, Mushchamp is eager to prove himself, and he does a pretty good job.

*Then we extend his contract and give him a huge buyout agreement and it's basically a "I dare you to fire me" situation. Then everything goes downhill. It's not about proving himself anymore. It's about the man cashing out at USC's expense.

* First couple of years, Mushchamp is eager to prove himself, and he does a pretty good job.

*Then we extend his contract and give him a huge buyout agreement and it's basically a "I dare you to fire me" situation. Then everything goes downhill. It's not about proving himself anymore. It's about the man cashing out at USC's expense.

So you think Muschamp is just wasting time until he's fired and walks away counting dollars without a look back. Biggest c of c I've read lately and some remarks have really been ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT