ADVERTISEMENT

The "conservative" playcalling refers to TWO drives after Carolina went up 31-14

MookieBlaylock9

May 19, 2012
Drives that included pass plays and first downs. The reason Carolina lost was all on the defense.

Some of you really have a hard time understanding the idea that this team is just not that good. They could have lost a few games. They could have won them too.

And also, Florida's defense actually played well in the 2nd half.

I know all of these things are hard to write in an angry Facebook post and probably don't get quite the reaction as demanding someone get fired.

That tells me we weren't prepared for the second half then. You know why? Because everyone and their brother knows that Granthams reputation is to give up a ton of yards and points in the first half and make adjustments at half time. That's why I was befuddled to see us keep trying the same stuff on offense because it was like they didn't even bother to study up on the guy.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying on premise. I was at the game and it was tough to watch. But we started handing the ball off to Mon Denson when we still needed to pass it there towards the end.

I knew our lack of depth on defense was going to kill us in the second half of this game before it ever started and I was right.

One factor that a lot of people may not consider is how the momentum swung every time we couldn't put a knife in their heart. Every time their offense would get a score their defense played that much better and that was a huge Factor. twice during the flow of this game we had their defense and their crowd out of it but their offense brought them back. And that was largely because our defense could not stop the run.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you're saying on premise. I was at the game and it was tough to watch. But we started handing the ball off to Mon Denson when we still needed to pass it there towards the end.

I knew our lafk of depth on defense was going to kill us in the second half of this game before it ever started and I was right.

One factor that a lot of people may not consider is how the momentum swung every time we couldn't put a knife in their heart. Every time their offense would get a score their defense played that much better and that was a huge Factor. twice during the Ebon flow of this game we had their defense and their crowd out of it but their offense brought them back. And that was largely because our defense could not stop the run.

I agree. The runs out wide to Denson were not that effective. It seems like there were holes, but only 3 to 4 yards. I guess they could have been more creative there, but I think that is ignoring the larger problem that the defense was so unreliable, that time off the clock was one of the main considerations.

I was upset when Deebo took the ball out of the end zone. I knew that wasn't going to go well.

If Carolina would have played another quarter, it would have been the same thing. Carolina has made good adjustments in the 2nd half typically, but Florida's offense seemed to realize they didn't need to pass to win. If they did that from the beginning, there would be no meltdown because the game wouldn't have been as close.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Right. I told my dad before the game that they would not need to pass to win. I figured Dan Mullen was smart enough to figure that out.

My dad gave me a call a little while ago and told me to stop telling him how the games would go because I was always right.

Mon is not fast enough to run outside. He needs to run between the tackles. AJ Turner can run outside.

Even with Deebo, I don`t think we should run the ball out of the end zone. More times than not, I believe, we don`t make it to the 25. Its a killer when they lay us out at the 15 yd. line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT