ADVERTISEMENT

The Demise of our Men s programs

I agree. I feel everything that is going around this board. However, do you realize how extremely, unbelievably difficult it is to have consistent, sustained success across the board in mens sports? I will wait for examples. There will be some, but they will be few.

I agree. I feel everything that is going around this board. However, do you realize how extremely, unbelievably difficult it is to have consistent, sustained success across the board in mens sports? I will wait for examples. There will be some, but they will be few.
Overreact apparently you have not been watching lately. Ray is boxed in a corner. Cant get rid of 3 coaches with big contracts. We are stuck and will continue the same stay tuned If it does change I will eat crow

Overreact apparently you have not been watching lately. Ray is boxed in a corner. Cant get rid of 3 coaches with big contracts. We are stuck and will continue the same stay tuned If it does change I will eat crow
Let's not say "Ray is boxed in a corner." Let's be fully accurate and say "Ray incompetently boxed himself into a corner."

Rewind....repeat.....rewind....repeat....rewind...repeat.. I haven't heard this in about 9minutes on this board.. Does anyone have an original thought anymore on this board

Gamecock mens sports sux right now. By that I mean they're not winning. Tess
booger-mcfarland.jpg

Well, I hate to admit this, but look at the upstate school. The baseball has made NCAA all but 1 time since ‘87. The basketball team has gone to post season 4 out of last 6 seasons. Mens soccer has gone to NCAA playoffs 6 out last 7 years. Football...

Who wrote those contracts? Who was the AD? Don't give me the whoa is Ray Tanner he's the victim here crap. He was never qualified for this job and had he not won 2 baseball championships, he'd have been fired years ago.

Rewind....repeat.....rewind....repeat....rewind...repeat.. I haven't heard this in about 9minutes on this board.. Does anyone have an original thought anymore on this board
An original thought. Here's one. Losing and mediocre coaches that cost a bunch of money to support will eventually be considered a waste of money by individuals interested in actually investing wisely.

That is a common thought at most major universities which desire to be competitive. Here, it's an original thought. I think we should adopt it. I would be happy to explain what it means to those who don't understand. And, I think we can even explain what "competitive" means. It does not mean "we were competitive with Boston, Stetson, Appalachian State and Northwestern."

You would think at least one of our men's teams would be decent and at least make post season. It seems like every time it looks like we are going to get over the hump, or start a nice winning streak, something happens. Usually it's a injury to a main player. The last two football and basketball teams have been hurt by injuries, also the baseball team last year. Just thinking back over the last five years, we have had very little success in the three men's sports. 2018 football, 2017 basketball, and 2018 baseball.
Compare that to our nearest rivals, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida.......

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
An original thought. Here's one. Losing and mediocre coaches that cost a bunch of money to support will eventually be considered a waste of money by individuals interested in actually investing wisely.

That is a common thought at most major universities which desire to be competitive. Here, it's an original thought. I think we should adopt it. I would be happy to explain what it means to those who don't understand. And, I think we can even explain what "competitive" means. It does not mean "we were competitive with Boston, Stetson, Appalachian State and Northwestern."
No shit... But saying it 250 times a day does NOTHING

KY, a team we used to dominate is now better in Football, Basketball and Baseball. Ok we only ever dominated them in Football and Baseball, now we are behind them in every men's spot that matters.

Original like what? Complaining when fans express displeasure with Ray?
If we did that I don't think there's enough data in the day because that's all that some on here do, complain, bitch, and wine. They can't put a cohesive thought together unless it's negative..

Dawn Staley!!

Of course winning championships. But everyone’s solution is to “Get rid of this guy, get rid of that guy, fire him!” Ok then what?
Um... hire better replacements? And if they don't do any better, rinse and repeat until you get the right coach in there. At least look like we're trying to win when things are obviously not working.

You wanna know the problem with men’s sports ... look in the mirror . Better yet look around at all your buddy’s that still continue to pay $100+ for football tickets and buy $12 hotdogs and nachos at Willy B . We’re all guilty . Winning is not a priority here . Going to Games is just a little social party . At Bama , LSU , UGA , OSU , and yes Clemson Winning is not negotiable. You either win or stare at empty seats , bottomline . When the stadium is half full and the $$ goes away things will happen . Problem is that will never happen here . We BRAG about being the best fans in America because we blindly support and throw our money at a sub par product and have done so for pretty much a century . Answer this honestly ... name one program in America that does this . We are to blame for not holding those who make decisions accountable . Tommy Bowden and Les Miles would have statues in front of Williams Brice with their records at Clemson and LSU . They got run out of town . Hell , Gene C won a Natty at Auburn and got canned two years later . They don’t accept mediocrity. We love it .

We BRAG about being the best fans in America because we blindly support and throw our money at a sub par product and have done so for pretty much a century . Answer this honestly ... name one program in America that does this .

I think I can give you an honest answer that has been doing it at an even greater extent.

**NEBRASKA** for the last 5 years, comparing them to Muschamp's years.

I may be wrong, but they have sold out their games for YEARS, and their history is much, much better than the Gamecocks. They changed coaches and still have the same results. I actually did some Wikipedia research and found out they have sold out their last 375 games dating back to 1962. Their current capacity is 90,000! How did I do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT