ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between South Carolina and clemson fans......

Holy shit, you really think he’s being “very complimentary”. The worst thing Clemson has done in 10 years is to have had a single rogue fan throw a water bottle in an empty end zone. Please. He causally mentions our lower admission standards, our industrial surroundings , calls our fans “regects” , insinuates we are satisfied with a late field goal against the mighty Tigers and the asshole takes a picture of the worst area for miles and post it like repersents the entire complex ( the cheap shithead clearly didn’t pay to park) .....I think better stop, this is really pissing me off. You’re clearly trying to bait us. Tater

Holy shit, you really think he’s being “very complimentary”. The worst thing Clemson has done in 10 years is to have had a single rogue fan throw a water bottle in an empty end zone. Please. He causally mentions our lower admission standards, our industrial surroundings , calls our fans “regects” , insinuates we are satisfied with a late field goal against the mighty Tigers and the asshole takes a picture of the worst area for miles and post it like repersents the entire complex ( the cheap shithead clearly didn’t pay to park) .....I think better stop, this is really pissing me off. You’re clearly trying to bait us. Tater

If you think I'm a clemson fan you're clueless. The guy simply told things from a normal clemson fans outlook and what they are brought up to believe. And how he found his experience to be totally different and complimented the beautification process that's happened around the stadium. Sure he took a few jabs. But it's much better than all the other self righteous crap I've heard from them lately. Also, I wondered why the heck we were settling for a field goal myself.

Also, Carolina fans seem to show very little interest in the Palmetto Series....the all sports competition between the two schools that is now in its third year. With over rivalries (USC/UCLA for example) these all sports cometitions get much more attention. USC has won the last two years and currently leads this year in total points 6-3 looking like it will be three in a row. Of course I want us to win on the football field. But the Palmetto Series is a pretty accurate way of determining which school has the strongest overall athletic program.

This young average citizen of the state tries to portray the athletic complex and campus as a junk yard. Skin your ignorance little Tater boy. I could point out so many examples of why Carolina surpasses Cow Tail university in so many ways. Right now all Clemson has to really be proud of is it's football program. That is all. It will come to pass that even that will end , maybe sooner than he might like. Clemson is a relatively small southern university located in a remote part of a state in a one horse town with some pretty parts of a small campus during the fall when the leaves are brilliant colors and falling off the trees. Nothing else is outstanding and probably never will be. When all they have to compare to our new Law Center is the Esso Club and their research on Coker #58 Silver Queen Corn to our Honors College which is number one in the country, all he is doing is making a fool of himself but ignorant Clemson inbreeds have been doing these dumb things for decades. You are ALL IN for sure. All in the backwoods, why you never had lights at the ballgames until the latter part of the last century.

Reactions: NetworkX
Also, Carolina fans seem to show very little interest in the Palmetto Series....the all sports competition between the two schools that is now in its third year. With over rivalries (USC/UCLA for example) these all sports cometitions get much more attention. USC has won the last two years and currently leads this year in total points 6-3 looking like it will be three in a row. Of course I want us to win on the football field. But the Palmetto Series is a pretty accurate way of determining which school has the strongest overall athletic program.

You can't be serious! I see many more Gamecocks posting about our wins in other sports than I ever see Clemsux fans posting about their wins outside of football. All we hear from Clemson fans when we post that we've won it two years in a row is that "But we beat you in football. That's all that matters." They don't care about the Palmetto Series.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1

I don't mind having the palmetto series and having a competition between schools in all sports, but I can tell you as a Clemson fan that I put no stock in the outcome. For example, South Carolina won the event last year by a score of 8-7. However, of the 8 wins South Carolina had, only 1 of them happened in a Men's Sport. You can call me sexist and perhaps I am, but I do believe Men's athletics tend to drive an overall athletic program. If you want to celebrate wins over Clemson in women's soccer, volleyball, golf, diving, basketball, and tennis then go for it. However, Clemson will continue to celebrate victories in Men's football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and golf.

The same can be seen so far this year. USC has wins in Women's cross country, soccer, golf, and volleyball. They have not won a Men's event so far this season. Clemson has wins in Men's football, soccer, golf. They have not won a Women's event this season. If you feel your overall athletic department is stronger because you dominate Clemson in Women's athletics then be my guest.

I don't mind having the palmetto series and having a competition between schools in all sports, but I can tell you as a Clemson fan that I put no stock in the outcome. For example, South Carolina won the event last year by a score of 8-7. However, of the 8 wins South Carolina had, only 1 of them happened in a Men's Sport. You can call me sexist and perhaps I am, but I do believe Men's athletics tend to drive an overall athletic program. If you want to celebrate wins over Clemson in women's soccer, volleyball, golf, diving, basketball, and tennis then go for it. However, Clemson will continue to celebrate victories in Men's football, basketball, baseball, soccer, and golf.

The same can be seen so far this year. USC has wins in Women's cross country, soccer, golf, and volleyball. They have not won a Men's event so far this season. Clemson has wins in Men's football, soccer, golf. They have not won a Women's event this season. If you feel your overall athletic department is stronger because you dominate Clemson in Women's athletics then be my guest.

Spoken as I would expect from a Moo U fan. Of course you would say womens sports don't matter because your school is terrible in them. And of course Carolina fans are proud of our elite womens teams like womens basketball, womens soccer and womens golf. As a USC alum, I expect strong competition across the board with our athletic department. Clempson has always been a football only school and everyone knows it. Thats your brand. Thats also why your mens bball team will always be mediocre at best and your fan base is fine with that.

I would argue our mens programs stack up pretty well. Football had a 5 year win streak and now it seems its Clempson's turn. Still, we had an 8 win season and will play in a good Florida bowl. National success for baseball goes strongly to USC's favor and you know it. SC's men's basketball program far ahead of CU. Congrats on squeeking out a win last year when our best player was hurt and didnt play. I am sure you skipped watching us play in the Final Four. I think Frank will restore order in a few weeks.

Its just another difference in our fanbases. I expect Carolina to compete in the SEC across the board in all sports and challenge for conference and national titles. At Clempson, you all are ok with success in football while there is mostly mediocrity across the rest of the athletic portfolio.

Oh and yes.....your statements were terribly sexist.

The smug self-righteousness of their fans is absolutely unbelievable. They don't cuss at teams, flip the bird or throw things. They genuinely believe it. Clemson is a cult, plain and simple. These people are brainwashed. This writer despised his own hometown over a football rivalry. What a sick, sick human being.

They also just dont get that many of the reasons they dont like Carolina are the very reasons we do. I would have NEVER chosen to go to school in a cow pasture. I loved USC's downtown Columbia location that gave me so many more opportunities for internships, volunteer opportunities and connections to the general business, healthcare, technology and political world in SC. I think our campus is beautiful. I also loved the diversity of USC with lots of different kinds of folks from all over the world. Another reason I would have never chosen Moo U. I loved having lots to do in Columbia from concerts, great restaurants, theaters, shopping, pubs, live music, etc, etc. I had many HS friends that went to Clemson and practically ever single weekend they were visiting me in Columbia because they were bored out of their minds in Pickens.

The smug self-righteousness of their fans is absolutely unbelievable. They don't cuss at teams, flip the bird or throw things. They genuinely believe it. Clemson is a cult, plain and simple. These people are brainwashed. This writer despised his own hometown over a football rivalry. What a sick, sick human being.
The cult of the cow is strong.

Spoken as I would expect from a Moo U fan. Of course you would say womens sports don't matter because your school is terrible in them. And of course Carolina fans are proud of our elite womens teams like womens basketball, womens soccer and womens golf. As a USC alum, I expect strong competition across the board with our athletic department. Clempson has always been a football only school and everyone knows it. Thats your brand. Thats also why your mens bball team will always be mediocre at best and your fan base is fine with that.

I would argue our mens programs stack up pretty well. Football had a 5 year win streak and now it seems its Clempson's turn. Still, we had an 8 win season and will play in a good Florida bowl. National success for baseball goes strongly to USC's favor and you know it. SC's men's basketball program far ahead of CU. Congrats on squeeking out a win last year when our best player was hurt and didnt play. I am sure you skipped watching us play in the Final Four. I think Frank will restore order in a few weeks.

Its just another difference in our fanbases. I expect Carolina to compete in the SEC across the board in all sports and challenge for conference and national titles. At Clempson, you all are ok with success in football while there is mostly mediocrity across the rest of the athletic portfolio.

Thornwell wasn’t hurt. It was “athletic department policy.”

You can call BS on it all you want but that was 100% my experience. I grew up in the upstate so maybe they just went to school too close to home I dont know. But practically every weekend I had to kick them out of my dorm room. Another difference I noticed on the weekends I would visit them for a Carolina football or basketball game was that there was lots more drug activity among Clempson students than I ever saw at Carolina.

Well, day-um, man, I'd take drugs too if I were going to school in the middle of nowhere! Where their nearest exposure to cultured urban life is Greenville, South Carolina? Have mercy!

One more time: Clem is NOT a college town/city. It is a glorified whistle stop with a campus that looks like a contemporary state prison! It is NOT an Athens, Gainesville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Lexington, Columbia etc. It is a former cotton plantation populated by a new breed of Neanderthal - Redneck Nerds.

One thing I despise about our fans are the ones who mock Clemson for being a small town. Do you realize that many Gamecocks come from farms and small towns and the small town jokes are insulting your own?

There is no real difference between a Gamecock or Tiger with the exception of the team you pull for. Most of us are South Carolinians. Just as many Gamecocks come from small towns if not more given USC is a bigger school.

South Carolina’s basketball program has been as mediocre as Clemson’s for the past century. You make the Final 4 last season, and now you’re some kind of traditional power? Let’s see if Frank can do it again without, you know...the guy you didn’t have when you lost to Clemson.

Womens’ sports...yay. I’m glad you guys are so fond of them. It’s noble and chivalrous. How many WBB and baseball titles would you trade for a football national championship? You can lie to me. It’s fine, really.

Reactions: G14605 and rlw7353
This young average citizen of the state tries to portray the athletic complex and campus as a junk yard. Skin your ignorance little Tater boy. I could point out so many examples of why Carolina surpasses Cow Tail university in so many ways. Right now all Clemson has to really be proud of is it's football program. That is all. It will come to pass that even that will end , maybe sooner than he might like. Clemson is a relatively small southern university located in a remote part of a state in a one horse town with some pretty parts of a small campus during the fall when the leaves are brilliant colors and falling off the trees. Nothing else is outstanding and probably never will be. When all they have to compare to our new Law Center is the Esso Club and their research on Coker #58 Silver Queen Corn to our Honors College which is number one in the country, all he is doing is making a fool of himself but ignorant Clemson inbreeds have been doing these dumb things for decades. You are ALL IN for sure. All in the backwoods, why you never had lights at the ballgames until the latter part of the last century.

Just to respond to this with a different perspective, as a student at Clemson, the football team isn't the only thing we have to be proud of. We're 1st in the country in Career Services, have the 6th best alumni network, and the 10th happiest students. The 23rd best public university according to US News & World Report. Maybe most importantly, Clemson was also voted the safest campus in the country recently. I know this will get torn to shreds with insults, but l felt it important to show that it's not just football here.

http://www.clemson.edu/about/rankings.html

They also just dont get that many of the reasons they dont like Carolina are the very reasons we do. I would have NEVER chosen to go to school in a cow pasture. I loved USC's downtown Columbia location that gave me so many more opportunities for internships, volunteer opportunities and connections to the general business, healthcare, technology and political world in SC. I think our campus is beautiful. I also loved the diversity of USC with lots of different kinds of folks from all over the world. Another reason I would have never chosen Moo U. I loved having lots to do in Columbia from concerts, great restaurants, theaters, shopping, pubs, live music, etc, etc. I had many HS friends that went to Clemson and practically ever single weekend they were visiting me in Columbia because they were bored out of their minds in Pickens.
Very well said

Sometimes i feel like as fans and alums we are scared to beat our chests and be proud of our campus and sports teams. Everything should be noticed and shown off but it’s like we are scared.
I blame the higher ups and how they treated us all. We are like beaten animals scared to open up and walk proudly

Our attitude moving forward should be to become the ONLY option for athletics, academics and aesthetics in the state of SC

We aren't anything at all like those farmers. Clemson is great if you want to live in the middle of cow pies and wear overalls. Nobody with brains wants to go to a redneck school where those farmers ride tractors.

He missed his mark. He should have toured the Vista and Lincoln street and caught the bus to the stadium. Our campus blows theirs away now.

He could have stayed in the Hilton that is beside our Alumni Center downtown and had dinner at Ruth Kris the night before. In Clemson, fine dining is the Chick Fil A.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
South Carolina’s basketball program has been as mediocre as Clemson’s for the past century. You make the Final 4 last season, and now you’re some kind of traditional power? Let’s see if Frank can do it again without, you know...the guy you didn’t have when you lost to Clemson.

Womens’ sports...yay. I’m glad you guys are so fond of them. It’s noble and chivalrous. How many WBB and baseball titles would you trade for a football national championship? You can lie to me. It’s fine, really.
You've never won an ACC championship in a 100 years. Imagine the malevolent calculus of that! And if we're no better than you, Ken, why have we beaten you so regularly? Jesus, if we're mediocre, what the hell is tatertech?

Well, at least you have championships in baseball...oh wait, nope.

He missed his mark. He should have toured the Vista and Lincoln street and caught the bus to the stadium. Our campus blows theirs away now.

He could have stayed in the Hilton that is beside our Alumni Center downtown and had dinner at Ruth Kris the night before. In Clemson, fine dining is the Chick Fil A.
Clemson has a Chick Fil A? No way! They've arrived!

Seriously, there best nightlife is a converted gas station.

Clemson has a Chick Fil A? No way! They've arrived!

Seriously, there best nightlife is a converted gas station.

I think they have a 4 seat bar in the downtown Clemson Mello Mushroom. Also, you can stay at a Hampton Inn in terrible need of renovations that always has a room available except on game weekends.

Reactions: 67gamecock
You've never won an ACC championship in a 100 years. Imagine the malevolent calculus of that! And if we're no better than you, Ken, why have we beaten you so regularly? Jesus, if we're mediocre, what the hell is tatertech?

Well, at least you have championships in baseball...oh wait, nope.
Tater Tech is mediocre in basketball. As is USC. We’ve been over this. Try to keep up.

I think they have a 4 seat bar in the downtown Clemson Mello Mushroom. Also, you
Tater Tech is mediocre in basketball. As is USC. We’ve been over this. Try to keep up.
No. We're mediocre. Nevertheless, we have championships in two conferences and a trip to the Final Four. Head to head, the record isn't close.

We left the Acc decades ago and we still have more championships than Clemson and we've actually won in Chapel Hill. Y'all are laughably terrible. Try keeping up.

I think they have a 4 seat bar in the downtown Clemson Mello Mushroom. Also, you can stay at a Hampton Inn in terrible need of renovations that always has a room available except on game weekends.
Everytime I visit Pickens, I feel like I'm visiting La Rivre Gauche. It's like a moveable feast at the Applebees on Clemson Blvd. There also art at Clemson Variety Art & Frame Shop. Historically, can there be anything better than an architectural tribute to Ben Tillman? Magnificent!

Reactions: 67gamecock
There have the biggest football stadium in the ACC but the dumbasses failed to realize they are in a basketball conference.

Jimbo realized that this week and is bolting to Texas AM. With Jimbo leaving and Lamar Jackson going pro, their upcoming football schedule really stinks. Every away stadium will be empty when they do their victory walk.

Everytime I visit Pickens, I feel like I'm visiting La Rivre Gauche. It's like a moveable feast at the Applebees on Clemson Blvd. There also art at Clemson Variety Art & Frame Shop. Historically, can there be anything better than an architectural tribute to Ben Tillman? Magnificent!

I've been inside of Sikes Hall before which is down from Tillman Hall. It's an absolute dump on the interior. Probably hasn't been renovated in 50 years. Place is awful.

The world is changing you hillbilly. Women’s sports are coming on strong nationally and our success in them will lead to a better overall men’s sports program. A rising tide raises all boats tater.

"One thing I despise about our fans are the ones who mock Clemson for being a small town. Do you realize that many Gamecocks come from farms and small towns and the small town jokes are insulting your own?" Thank you, SpurCock78. You speak for me.
I came from a farming life. But I raised my family in a small town. I hate traffic and love open spaces. Both schools have a lot to offer. Their differences give our children good choices. I have children that have attended both schools and all of my children had great experiences at the respective schools.
We don't get into the hate spewed by sports fans. Both schools prepared my kids well for their professional lives.
I am a Gamecock. I go to a lot of football and basketball games. I give back. I pull for our coaches and players even when they fail. It's a part of life. Players and coaches are living their lives in the public eye. Their skins are tougher than those posting on boards, like me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT