ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between South Carolina and clemson fans......

You've never won an ACC championship in a 100 years. Imagine the malevolent calculus of that! And if we're no better than you, Ken, why have we beaten you so regularly? Jesus, if we're mediocre, what the hell is tatertech?

Well, at least you have championships in baseball...oh wait, nope.

Hey dude, USC has how many conference championships in football in 100 years. (1 shared) You need to be careful with your logic, since it can be applied to football as well to reverse the narrative.

My fishing partner is a Clemson fan. And when we 1st started fishing together I told him no negative talk about USC or Carolina while we are fishing. That was back in 03 and we still fish together. It's really stupid when you get down to it, trying to belittle somebody cause the team they pull for lost. When in most cases you don't personally have a dog in the fight(son or daughter). Just my opinion but I'm 50 and have matured some over the years.

Hey dude, USC has how many conference championships in football in 100 years. (1 shared) You need to be careful with your logic, since it can be applied to football as well to reverse the narrative.
Nobody on this board is in denial about USC's history in football, dude. We had a little run of winning (still not enough) with Spurrier, but I'm not conflating it to suggest we're on par with Clemson. That's the point.

South Carolina’s basketball program has been as mediocre as Clemson’s for the past century. You make the Final 4 last season, and now you’re some kind of traditional power? Let’s see if Frank can do it again without, you know...the guy you didn’t have when you lost to Clemson.

Womens’ sports...yay. I’m glad you guys are so fond of them. It’s noble and chivalrous. How many WBB and baseball titles would you trade for a football national championship? You can lie to me. It’s fine, really.

That's cute.

Where in my post did I saw that SC men's basketball is a "traditional power"? I would take the current state of our program right now over Tater Tech in a second. How about you? You can lie to me, it's fine, really.

Another big difference in SC and Clempson......you are all fine with a mediocre at best men's basketball team. In Columbia, we have higher expectations.

And thanks fot acknowledging that South Carolina women's team dominate Moo U and I am sure you don't care at all. It's fine, really.

GO COCKS!!!

Tater Tech is mediocre in basketball. As is USC. We’ve been over this. Try to keep up.

You see now you are speaking in the current. "Is". And you are wrong. Clempson basketball IS mediocre. And that is giving them the benefif of the doubt.

The flagship university has 25+ wins over the last two years and is the current NCAA East Regional Champion and Final Four participate.

Again, I am sure you don't care. Thats why you are on a Gamecockk board.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Just to respond to this with a different perspective, as a student at Clemson, the football team isn't the only thing we have to be proud of. We're 1st in the country in Career Services, have the 6th best alumni network, and the 10th happiest students. The 23rd best public university according to US News & World Report. Maybe most importantly, Clemson was also voted the safest campus in the country recently. I know this will get torn to shreds with insults, but l felt it important to show that it's not just football here.

http://www.clemson.edu/about/rankings.html

Well, as a CU student I can't fault you for defending your school but your comments did make me laugh. I will make fun of you but try not to insult you.

Happiest students......that drug issue I mentioned in an earlier post.

As someone who has worked in higher education adminsitration for over 20 years, we all know the scandal behind the CU President faking statistics to get that US News ranking. It is well documented.

The University of South Carolina is....
-the #1 ranked international business undegrad major in the country
-the #1 ranked international MBA in the country
-ranked #1 for international experience by Financial Times
-the #1 ranked PhD program in Exercise Science
-ranked #3 in the world for Sports Science
-the #1 ranked public Honors College in the country
-the #4 social psychology graduate program
-the USC Graduate School has a total of 9 top 25 ranked programs
-One of the nation's best University 101 program according to US New and World Report
-Top 3% in the nation in graduating African American students (oh those pesky race issues at Tillman U)

http://sc.edu/about/south_carolina_at_a_glance/index.php

..and while everyone in Pickens was in their very own football utopia, Carolina still managed to scrap by and enroll its largest freshman class in history this fall bringing total enrollment to over 35,000 students.

GO COCKS!!!

One thing I despise about our fans are the ones who mock Clemson for being a small town. Do you realize that many Gamecocks come from farms and small towns and the small town jokes are insulting your own?

There is no real difference between a Gamecock or Tiger with the exception of the team you pull for. Most of us are South Carolinians. Just as many Gamecocks come from small towns if not more given USC is a bigger school.

You had the good sense to leave home in pursuit of something more cultural even if you went back to the small town. Big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT