ADVERTISEMENT

The Dynasty---

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbit

Jan 5, 2004
Just heard over the air waves in the Upstate that Clemson's dynasty will be greater than any other University in the nation. Minimum 2-3 Natty's in the next 5 to 10 years, now that Administration, Coaches, Players, Fans and apparently the good Lord himself are all in, no recruits can resist the allure of Clemson and all 4 and 5 star athletes will be waiting outside the Coaches offices to play for Dabo?
What are the rest of us missing

Reactions: humble servant
Just heard over the air waves in the Upstate that Clemson's dynasty will be greater than any other University in the nation. Minimum 2-3 Natty's in the next 5 to 10 years, now that Administration, Coaches, Players, Fans and apparently the good Lord himself are all in, no recruits can resist the allure of Clemson and all 4 and 5 star athletes will be waiting outside the Coaches offices to play for Dabo?
(A) It probably won't happen that way because everything would have to fall into place for them. (B) They have put together a lot of pieces, which is what it takes to begin with. (C) They are as well positioned as anyone in the country - better than most - to have a run of historical proportions, mainly due to (B) plus having the path of least resistance..

(A) It probably won't happen that way because everything would have to fall into place for them. (B) They have put together a lot of pieces, which is what it takes to begin with. (C) They are as well positioned as anyone in the country - better than most - to have a run of historical proportions, mainly due to (B) plus having the path of least resistance..

Sad but true.

They said they didn't see CU dying off once Watson leaves. With the recruiting machine they have going, I can't say I disagree.

Nailed it.

Path of least resistance is right. They play Auburn this year who may be good or terrible, FSU who is formidable, and us, and we're rebuilding. GT might give them some trouble in ATL, but otherwise their schedule is a cakewalk.

JUST read that Auburn's starting safety was arrested on eluding police and gun possession without a license. Misdemeanor charges, but he will probably be out for the opener.

I don't want to take the time to do this, so maybe someone else will take a look....

I'd like to see how many 3, 4, and 5 star players are on their current roster. I think I read somewhere that they have more former 3 star prospects, than 4 or 5 stars. Maybe I'll take a look this weekend when I have a little downtime.

If they believe all of that, then I wonder what they all think about FSU? Considering Jimbo has out recruited Dabo every year he has been at FSU.
It's always been this way, but worse now...clemsux thinks they're the only team recruiting quality players, they have the best coaches, etc. The problem is, other teams haven't stopped recruiting or practicing or coaching.

clemsux had everything line up for them last year. They squeaked by Louisville with a 3 point win, barely beat ND at home (during a flood), beat FSU (which they've only accomplished 9 times, ever), could only beat a 3-9 SC team by 5 points (with several questionable calls), and beat NC. As for the playoffs, dumbo always seems to perform better, the longer the prep time. He would sink with an SEC schedule.

This year, they aren't playing ND and don't have FSU at home. Their conference schedule is so lame, they have zero room for error. One loss & they can forget the playoffs, much less the "natty". Ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock
It's always been this way, but worse now...clemsux thinks they're the only team recruiting quality players, they have the best coaches, etc. The problem is, other teams haven't stopped recruiting or practicing or coaching.

clemsux had everything line up for them last year. They squeaked by Louisville with a 3 point win, barely beat ND at home (during a flood), beat FSU (which they've only accomplished 9 times, ever), could only beat a 3-9 SC team by 5 points (with several questionable calls), and beat NC. As for the playoffs, dumbo always seems to perform better, the longer the prep time. He would sink with an SEC schedule.

This year, they aren't playing ND and don't have FSU at home. Their conference schedule is so lame, they have zero room for error. One loss & they can forget the playoffs, much less the "natty". Ugh.

No one thinks they are out-recruiting every other team, but I think most can agree they are recruiting on a lever never seen before at Clemson. And I agree, 1 loss and title hopes are over.

No one thinks they are out-recruiting every other team, but I think most can agree they are recruiting on a lever never seen before at Clemson. And I agree, 1 loss and title hopes are over.
Sorry, but clemsux is always touting their recruiting national championship. Nice try, though.

In order to build a dynasty you have to win something. Are they talking about National Championships or just little ACC crowns? They haven't won anything else. As soon a Carolina gets over the two year disaster of Spurrier, VT with their new coach and Richt has a little time to build Miami, throw in FSU and the other SEC team they have to play to have some sort of meaningful schedule , Dabo and his local neighborhood coaches will be struggling to go to a major bowl again just like BC Deshaun Watson. They are foaming at the mouth over their recruiting but fail to understand their opponents are having great recruiting also with much better coaches. Clemson's fantasy dynasty could come crashing down this year. What a bunch of tools.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
If they believe all of that, then I wonder what they all think about FSU? Considering Jimbo has out recruited Dabo every year he has been at FSU.
I heard them say on the radio that the ACC is using FSU and ole Clem as leverage for their network to raise money compared to the SEC.

They said Dabo/Jimbo are working together promoting each other's recruiting.

It makes since but they know FSU recruits better according to DABO's ACC statement that all the teams are playing catchup to FSU.

They said That the taters and noles help legitimize each other's schedule. We have work to do to recruit with either one of them.

Last edited:
Cheating pays. The bought 81 championship is sold in every living room they visit. Long after the sanctions have come and gone. Dabo himself has to have an item to start selling. He started with 1981

If walt d said it. It must be true. Just ask him

Might be possible if Deshaun Watson can play for them for 5 to 10 more years. A whole team of 5 stars can't make up the difference in having the best player in the country at the most important position on the field. They get one more shot unless they can somehow duplicate that feat. But being delusional is not unique to CU fans. Saw more than a few Gamecocks with that mindset during the 11-2 run.

Logical? "Huh" is our response when the clemsux fans try to sell everyone on their all-world recruiting. Don't try to convince us it doesn't happen, because we've all experienced it.

I stated Clemson was recruiting at a level never seen at that university, not on a level of the top elite programs. You say "nice try"...I responded with "huh." So are you saying CU is recruiting on a national level?

I stated Clemson was recruiting at a level never seen at that university, not on a level of the top elite programs. You say "nice try"...I responded with "huh." So are you saying CU is recruiting on a national level?
If you want to know my comment, go back & read it. It's still true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT