ADVERTISEMENT

The Elephant in the Room: Ticket Sales

cockfight#1

Nov 20, 2006
Check out how many tickets are available for the HOME OPENER. I have never seen it so empty.

I guess the re-parking was the final straw for a ton of GCC members. What a shame.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Our Administration will 'do it every time' it seems. Their bad timing and short-sighted attitude re: making quick $$$ at the expense of the loyal fandom is . . . remarkably consistent, to say the least.

Look, even if we win 1-2 more games this year than last season and, thus, give the Gamecock Nation a reason to go nuts, the good monetary results of off-the-field front office decisions (like price increases) won't be felt until the end of the NEXT season . . .maybe.

Stay cool, Ray. The BOT won't eat you if you come up a little short at the end of the year . . . but, the fans sure will! :)

A Noon game on September 1st against the fake roosters is not a way to get people to come to a game. I've already decided that, unless the weather is cooler than average, I'm either going late or leaving early and I always stay for entire games.

I'm sure our women basketball isn't holding back the football program.

It certainly isn't , but given a choice most Gamecocks would take an elite football team if it meant women's basketball was bad.

It's not a relevant sport to 95% of the country and wasn't in Columbia until recent. It's great we are good at it, but few care . Do any of you care that Virginia is elite at soccer , Arkansas in track, Iowa in wrestling , and John Hopkins in Lacrosse?

Check out how many tickets are available for the HOME OPENER. I have never seen it so empty.

I guess the re-parking was the final straw for a ton of GCC members. What a shame.
not sure there would be any additional interest in this game no matter when it's played. what WILL matter is in week 2 when UGA haas many fans as we do in our own building

Fans across the country are electing to stay home, especially when match-ups are non-compelling. There would be a big crowd there for, say, Virginia Tech.
For some dropping perhaps $200-300 (tickets, parking, food ,etc) for a non-compelling game just doesn't seem worth the expense and hassle. Add to that somehow someway you can find a broadcast to watch in the comfort of your home

not sure there would be any additional interest in this game no matter when it's played. what WILL matter is in week 2 when UGA haas many fans as we do in our own building
If we blow Coastal out and look like we know what we are doing, the Georgia game will be one of the toughest tickets to get in years.

great, more room 4 all the snotty nosed kids 2 toss footballs n the grounds, less traffic 2 worry about . dumpin' the bandwagon fans.........i luv when a plan comes 2gether......

Not that they are just on TV but now everyone has 60-100" super mojo Hi-Fi Wireless Smart Flat Nano-Tech NASA approved TVs. If we were still sitting at home using 19" box TVs like we grew up with then more people would travel.
I'm one of those people that misses their old tv that didn't have wifi and all that crazy stuff on it. I have one that's a 9 yr old Sony that's stil going strong while the other two are fancy super mojo HD Samsung tv's that I hate.

Not sure why they don’t offer those tickets (upper deck—the last 25 rows on the East side) for $15 per ticket for these type games. That is the side that TV picks up as well. Not sure why they don’t do this.
That's right. If there was ever a situation that called for graduated scales in pricing, this is it. And they ought to be about $10.00 for FCS opponents, which this one isn't but feels like.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT