ADVERTISEMENT

The Honeymoon is Over...

Honeymoon? That would imply that Muschamp was grade A marriage material. We instead got sloppy seconds borne out of desperation and are beginning to realize why his previous partner cut bait and moved on.

Ray took a risk on Muschamp. Hope we don't set ourselves back even more because of it. I like Muschamps recruiting. Coaching is another thing. You can blame players and execution but Muschamp signed a lot of them (not all off them). The offense is horrible (qb is getting worse, receivers are inconsistent) and defense isnt much better.

We all wondered if things would change offensively from Muschamp’s past. Well, it hasn’t. The honeymoon is over. Losing 5 years in a row to UK and 3 years under the new regime in unacceptable.

Officially a skeptic of this staff now...

If we make a bowl, win it, and have a relatively decent class on singing day, 80% of the sentiment next offseason will be positive. It’s just human nature.

Ray took a risk on Muschamp. Hope we don't set ourselves back even more because of it. I like Muschamps recruiting. Coaching is another thing. You can blame players and execution but Muschamp signed a lot of them-not all off them. The offense is horrible (qb is getting worse, receivers are inconsistent) and defense isnt much better.
Our AD is adverse to taking risks. He let Spurrier sit on his ass for a few years and now look at us

If we make a bowl, win it, and have a relatively decent class on singing day, 80% of the sentiment next offseason will be positive. It’s just human nature.
And so history repeats. I turn 40 in less than an hour. We’ve improved a little in my lifetime but not enough. I won’t stress over it though. Too many other more important things in life than Gamecock football. I’ll just be a little more passive moving forward.

Regardless of the poor QB play and dropped passes by receivers, at the end of the day, the responsibility for the offensive disaster falls on the coach. We only managed 10 points against KY with our lone TD coming on what the announcers just called a fluke play. The new and improved Carolina offense is neither.

Barring a complete meltdown the rest of the way, Tanner is not going to fire Muschamp after this season. But he HAS to insist that we go and hire a proven offensive mind as OC. For whatever reason, Muschamp has not figured out how to put a competent offense on the field in his 7 years as a head coach. He's running out of other options at this point.

Reactions: cofcgamecock9
This year is pretty much lining up to be a bad one. Next year his 4th will be an absolute nightmare schedule. In other words I'm expecting no bowls the next 2 years and likely losing records. The guy was a horrible HC at Florida and has proven nothing here except a sloppy boring non productive brand of football here. It is what is.

Regardless of the poor QB play and dropped passes by receivers, at the end of the day, the responsibility for the offensive disaster falls on the coach. We only managed 10 points against KY with our lone TD coming on what the announcers just called a fluke play. The new and improved Carolina offense is neither.

Barring a complete meltdown the rest of the way, Tanner is not going to fire Muschamp after this season. But he HAS to insist that we go and hire a proven offensive mind as OC. For whatever reason, Muschamp has not figured out how to put a competent offense on the field in his 7 years as a head coach. He's running out of other options at this point.
Tanner is not going to do a damn thing

Reactions: Legendary Cock
And so history repeats. I turn 40 in less than an hour. We’ve improved a little in my lifetime but not enough. I won’t stress over it though. Too many other more important things in life than Gamecock football. I’ll just be a little more passive moving forward.
I'm with you. I'm 41 and feel the same way. Gotta find other interests during the fall and not let football games dictate your life or your mood. Gotta accept that most seasons we're mediocre-even though we want to believe otherwise. Happy early Birthday

The buyout is too much and we just extended the guys contract last year lol

They aren't going to pull the plug but any stretch of the imagination. But they have plenty of cash to do so if they were serious about it.

We aren't firing Mcclendon after one year. Muschamp is too loyal to his staff-especially another Dawg.

Ray took a risk on Muschamp. Hope we don't set ourselves back even more because of it. The offense is horrible (qb is getting worse, receivers are inconsistent) and defense isnt much better.

Who exactly did you think Ray could have gotten? He was played by Herman, and check mated by the GA AD who had the balls to fire Richt to land Smart who IMO was the big fish Ray thought he had. By the time that transpired, all the good, available, younger coaches had already moved on. CWM was our default choice. I had high hopes after the last 2 seasons, but it is very difficult to be positive after watching our offense struggle like we did. We are unable to throw the ball up field more than 10 yards. B MC may not be playing at Cal, but he has to be enjoying our struggles.

Who exactly did you think Ray could have gotten? He was played by Herman, and check mated by the GA AD who had the balls to fire Richt to land Smart who IMO was the big fish Ray thought he had. By the time that transpired, all the good, available, younger coaches had already moved on. CWM was our default choice. I had high hopes after the last 2 seasons, but it is very difficult to be positive after watching our offense struggle like we did. We are unable to throw the ball up field more than 10 yards. B MC may not be playing at Cal, but he has to be enjoying our struggles.
He had Lincoln Riley in his lap and passed on him.

Actually your defense in the 2nd half did the best job of anyone this year at bringing our running game to a halt. 1st half UK was dominant, 2nd half you all bowed your necks and dug in.

That was in my opinion, the worst game of Muschamp's career here. I'm not ready to give up on this staff by any means, but that was a bad effort all the way around.

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ
He had Lincoln Riley in his lap and passed on him.

Oklahoma would have checkmate on Riley, I bet. However, I agree we are going backwards while our upstate and next state over rivals continue to move forward. Got to get some coordinators, if Muschamp flubs the remainder of season or the AD assumes the target.

We all wondered if things would change offensively from Muschamp’s past. Well, it hasn’t. The honeymoon is over. Losing 5 years in a row to UK and 3 years under the new regime in unacceptable.

Officially a skeptic of this staff now...

Ya' think?????????????????????????

This just underscores the fact that Ray is in over his head. I'll always love what he did here as our baseball coach. But we need a real AD if we ever hope to improve our athletic fortunes.

I can tell you one thing, it’s nowhere near All Gas ⛽️ No Brakes....shoot, it would be an improvement if it were even all brakes no gas because at least you’re moving forward albeit slowly. What we are is, I’m already running late and I can’t find my *%>€%£££€’$& keys

I'd like to know if there is any truth to the rumor that Kirby Smart's agent convinced Tanner to give Muschamp another shot, and he took the advice because Smart fell through, and Herman played him for a significant raise.

Remember Tanner had longer than anyone to do a coaching search that year.

He was hired because we fumbled our top two away and had to make a move quick Rookie AD fault
While Ray is hung up on class and being respectful of others, the other SEC ADs are doing whatever it takes to hire the best coach they can.

While Ray is hung up on class and being respectful of others, the other SEC ADs are doing whatever it takes to hire the best coach they can.

Like Tennessee last year? They were turned down by Dave Doeren! Ole Miss settled for Matt Luke. Florida struck out trying to get Scott Frost and settled for a safe choice in Mullen. Mizzou’s hire wasn’t big time.

A&M fits what you just described. I guess UGA too. But other other recent SEC hires, the rest were sort of Muschamp-like.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT