ADVERTISEMENT

The hurry up offense puts extra burden on defense....

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
our defense had to play 36 minutes yesterday. By running this offense you give up any
CLOCK MANAGEMENT. We played right into their hands yesterday by not slowing things down
with a 17 point lead.

Didn't the Falcons lose the Super Bowl the same way?

our defense had to play 36 minutes yesterday. By running this offense you give up any
CLOCK MANAGEMENT. We played right into their hands yesterday by not slowing things down
with a 17 point lead.

Didn't the Falcons lose the Super Bowl the same way?
Not if you get first downs. We dominated time of possession in the first quqarter because we got first downs and we played up tempo.

In 4th quarter we tried to slow it down, ran the bull up the middle did not get first downs. That is why the defense was on the field so much (and they can't tackle). So I disagree with your premise.

Reactions: 92Pony
It's also outdated as hell by about 5 years. We think we found some new thing but all we did was adopt an offensive style that everyone else had abandoned except Auburn.

The other week when we were trying to ice the game away we snapped the ball with about 30 seconds left on the play clock. I don’t believe this staff is paying attention to the little things. Still... when we get to the point we can run the ball when the defense expects it we will start winning. Our best offense is a balanced attack. We cannot run on people without some throw mixed in.

Getting run over by a running back all day long puts an extra burden on the defense as well. Not knowing how to tackle puts a burden on the defense and a burden on my liver every Sat too .

Hell the DB has to sprint back to the play from 20 yards down the field then break down to even attempt a tackle. Strange way to play defense always worrying about giving up the stupid deep ball while their offense is running 15 playing wearing our guys down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT