ADVERTISEMENT

The Incomplete Pass. Fumble, Scoop and Score

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
IMO the replay booth blew that call. Clemson's WR took exactly 4 FOUR steps before the ball was knocked loose. The official was right there, made the immediate call for a fumble, which he did a great job of letting it play out. But there was no clear evidence that it wasn't possessed, meaning the call on the field should have stood because it was too close to call. If it was ruled an incomplete pass on the field, then it should have stood in the same manner.

It was a great game. Did a few extra calls go Clemson's way that night? Yep. It has for the last few years. They are now getting the Bama treatment in games.

Hopefully LSU can shut 'em up.

IMO the replay booth blew that call. Clemson's WR took exactly 4 FOUR steps before the ball was knocked loose. The official was right there, made the immediate call for a fumble, which he did a great job of letting it play out. But there was no clear evidence that it wasn't possessed, meaning the call on the field should have stood because it was too close to call. If it was ruled an incomplete pass on the field, then it should have stood in the same manner.

It was a great game. Did a few extra calls go Clemson's way that night? Yep. It has for the last few years. They are now getting the Bama treatment in games.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
IMHO (and I am not a Buckeye Fan) this was highway robbery at its finest. OSU was CLEARLY screwed on the booth review. OSU found 5 ways to lose that game if we get specific.
If you catch a ball and take 4 steps, upfield/downfield - don't care which way you go with this play, it was a fumble.
And if LSU beats Clemson 700-0, lets say I'm Coach O, they are running laps the next day for not scoring more. GEAUX TIGERS!

IMHO (and I am not a Buckeye Fan) this was highway robbery at its finest. OSU was CLEARLY screwed on the booth review. OSU found 5 ways to lose that game if we get specific.
If you catch a ball and take 4 steps, upfield/downfield - don't care which way you go with this play, it was a fumble.
And if LSU beats Clemson 700-0, lets say I'm Coach O, they are running laps the next day for not scoring more. GEAUX TIGERS!

Good teams find ways to win games, unfortunately, OSU found better ways to lose the game. I'll give Clemson credit for their stops in the redzone, just hate to see points get taken off the board on overturned calls with NO CLEAR evidence.

Absolutely correct. I have macular degeneration but can still see that the replay is very clear. It was a catch and was knocked out of the receiver's hands after he took several steps. I wonder why they bother to have a review if the reviewers get so many plays wrong. And it was an overturn which takes "certainty that the referee was wrong". Most people saw the same thing. Some Clemson supporters did not.

In slow motion it was clearly a catch and then fumble. In real time it happen so fast I personally couldn’t tell. The announcers said something like it’s not fair to over rule what the naked eye sees by using technology to see what actually happened. Because in slow motion anything can “be made to look like” a catch. I think it was a bad call by the replay booth. either way what’s done is done.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
Absolutely correct. I have macular degeneration but can still see that the replay is very clear. It was a catch and was knocked out of the receiver's hands after he took several steps. I wonder why they bother to have a review if the reviewers get so many plays wrong. And it was an overturn which takes "certainty that the referee was wrong". Most people saw the same thing. Some Clemson supporters did not.
Would Clemson fans have the same opinion if he got tackled at that spot after 4 steps and it popped out when he hit the ground... Hell no... They would be yelling.. that's a catch, that's a catch. Fact.

Would Clemson fans have the same opinion if he got tackled at that spot after 4 steps and it popped out when he hit the ground... Hell no... They would be yelling.. that's a catch, that's a catch. Fact.
So true. I wouldnt even respond to them last night... even when they addressed me. Struck me as strange they felt they needed to be at this site and justify the calls they got even after winning the game.

Reactions: cockofdawn
So true. I wouldnt even respond to them last night... even when they addressed me. Struck me as strange they felt they needed to be at this site and justify the calls they got even after winning the game.
Exactly.. I don't know why they seek our approval so much.. Isn't it odd how many of them are over here defending the Calls.. weird.

source.gif

They're over here trying to get legitimacy out of us......which they never will until they learn to do it without cheating. *NOTHING* about Clem$on is legit.

1st title - bought and paid for, NCAA Fact
2nd title - won on a last second ILLEGAL pick play
3rd - Ostarine Cheetahs......

I say again, *NOTHING* about Clem$on is legitimate in any way, shape or form. Period.

I don't think most Clemson fans are concerned with legitimacy from us. We have become less of a rival and more of a joke. I guess we do have women's basketball

Reactions: Blaken91
They're over here trying to get legitimacy out of us......which they never will until they learn to do it without cheating. *NOTHING* about Clem$on is legit.

I say again, *NOTHING* about Clem$on is legitimate in any way, shape or form. Period.
tenor.gif

Reactions: ConKreteCock

Didn't matter. We were gonna win no matter what.
-Listen to the Dylan song.

let’s talk about OSU failing to get a TD on 3 trips to the red zone, two inside the 10.

But, they have God on their side.

Reactions: ConKreteCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT