ADVERTISEMENT

THE LATEST: Class of 2020 three-star LB Len'Neth Whitehead

W

Wes Mitchell

Earlier this week I put in a Futurecast prediction for South Carolina with Athens (Ga.) Academy three-star linebacker Len'Neth Whitehead following his official visit to South Carolina.

Tennessee was considered the favorite headed into that visit, but with the current status of the Vols program and the feedback I've heard following official visits to both South Carolina and Tennessee, I believe the Gamecocks currently are higher on his list.

While it will ultimately be Whitehead's decision, he's got a strong family circle around him helping with the process and I'm told they were also impressed with the family feel within the program and the hospitality shown to them on the South Carolina official visit.

Whitehead is a linebacker in the Rivals system, but at 6-foot-2, 232-pounds South Carolina seems him as a big, athletic kid who could ultimately play linebacker or running back.

Whitehead could take official visits to Wisconsin and Georgia before deciding (UGA isn't doing much with him), but he hopes to make a decision within the next month or so.

Click here for my full interview with Whitehead from Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News