ADVERTISEMENT

the nerve of Yabba Dabo Doo.....

a>
TIi1mnx.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
TIi1mnx
0m35rf4
0m35rf4

So my dad is a pastor of a church in Florence where I grew up. He started it with 18 people in 1969 and now their average attendance is somewhere around 1800-2000 on a Sunday. His 50th year is a big deal for the church and he has influenced a lot of people over the years. He went to USC and we are all big Gamecock fans. So this shows up this week at his office. Ugh. Me thinks I need to sneak in there next time I am in town, and paint it garnet and black.

I'd bet some CU fan in the church had a hand in that...probably to "rib" him in good fun. Still a cool gesture because (like it or not) he is gonna be a legend in CF history. Similarly, I have a personalized autographed photo of Bobby Bowden. I hate FSU, but I display it in my office because I recognize he is a legend.

Truthfully the only place this is considered a cloud hanging over their program is in this forum.
You're mistaken about that. Multiple fan bases have followed this and have formed negative opinions about Clemson and the investigation. Finebaum covered last week following Dabo"s comments about accidentally giving it to players. That coverage was 38 days after Clemson publicly announced the failed drug tests for PEDs. Lack of coverage by ESPN is understandable but confusing because they went after Urban Meyer with all guns blazing.

March 25th should be the next round after Clemson"s 45 day extention ends. Everyone will eagerly await for Dabo to finally announce the source.

The only NCAA penalty had been meted out...the players were suspended.

An appeal is pending and other than the outcome of the appeal, there is nothing to see. NCAA appeals fron PED suspensions are a huge longshot, so I suspect they will be upheld.

I wonder how Bama's investigation is going regarding their suspended players. I have not heard that they filed for an appeal, so it is likely concluded.

The only NCAA penalty had been meted out...the players were suspended.

An appeal is pending and other than the outcome of the appeal, there is nothing to see. NCAA appeals fron PED suspensions are a huge longshot, so I suspect they will be upheld.

I wonder how Bama's investigation is going regarding their suspended players. I have not heard that they filed for an appeal, so it is likely concluded.

Legal Tiger....Clemson claims they do not know the source and Dabo said last week they may have "accidently" provided the material. Radikovich has said they are testing supplements they issue the team. The last article written on the subject said if Clemson chose that defense in the appeal it would implicate more players would have failed drug tests.

Alabama is appealing a 4 game suspension so the issue was not for PEDs.

Last edited:
Legal Tiger....Clemson claims they do not know the source and Dabo said last week they may have "accidently" provided the material. Radikovich has said they are testing supplements they issue the team. The last article written on the subject said if Clemson chose that defense in the appeal it would implicate more players would have failed drug tests.

Alabama is appealing a 4 game suspension so the issue was not for PEDs.

Understood, but only 3 players failed a test and they were suspended. The 17 that passed were not suspended. That ends the NCAA's enforcement activity in the matter as the punishment for a failed test is suspension. The appeal is of mild interest, but as I stated above, appeals from PED suspensions are an uphill battle. Clemson should be trying to ID the source, are you suggesting they should not?

Do you have a link for the Alabama players suspension information. Everything I saw stated the players were out for an "indefinite" period. I'm surprised they would even bother to appeal since they will only miss Duke and NM State.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Understood, but only 3 players failed a test and they were suspended. The 17 that passed were not suspended. That ends the NCAA's enforcement activity in the matter as the punishment for a failed test is suspension. The appeal is of mild interest, but as I stated above, appeals from PED suspensions are an uphill battle. Clemson should be trying to ID the source, are you suggesting they should not?

Do you have a link for the Alabama players suspension information. Everything I saw stated the players were out for an "indefinite" period. I'm surprised they would even bother to appeal since they will only miss Duke and NM State.

The information on Alabama's players is out there. Google it. The 1 player coming back is an offensive lineman and Alabama is appealing a 4 game suspension with the NCAA. I don't remember his name but he won't be playing against us next season.

Clemson has to identify the source and should have many days ago. The length of time Clemson has taken to identify the source is much longer than Florida with Will Grier's suspension in 2015.

Also as I stated earlier, the last article written in this issue informed Clemson's defense in the appeal is the possibility that contaminated supplements are the source and that would incrimnate other Clemson players.

Now hearing Tiger message boards have rumors that Ben Boulware is the source and is banned from Clemson's campus.

The information on Alabama's players is out there. Google it. The 1 player coming back is an offensive lineman and Alabama is appealing a 4 game suspension with the NCAA. I don't remember his name but he won't be playing against us next season.

Clemson has to identify the source and should have many days ago. The length of time Clemson has taken to identify the source is much longer than Florida with Will Grier's suspension in 2015.

Also as I stated earlier, the last article written in this issue informed Clemson's defense in the appeal is the possibility that contaminated supplements are the source and that would incrimnate other Clemson players.

Now hearing Tiger message boards have rumors that Ben Boulware is the source and is banned from Clemson's campus.

My Google skills are inferior to yours so if you could simply provide a link to the info, it would be much appreciated. If it's a four game suspension, the players will be eligible to play against UofSC because they have already served two games and would miss only the first two of next season.

The Florida case was simple because Grier went off-script and added his own supplements which he did not realize contained the banned substance due to product labeling.

The author of the referenced article could be right, but until the source is determined, no one knows anything other than the fact that 3 players didn't pass the test while 17 players did.

I saw the rumor about Boulware also.

Deonte Brown will miss the game against us if he does not win his appeal with rhe NCAA. The suspension for failing drug test for recreational drugs is 6 games (half a season) so 4 games are left on his suspension.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/01/10...spension-in-2019-ua-filling-appeal-with-ncaa/

Not sure about other 2 players because they were not starters and no articles are written about an appeal for them since they do not play.

Clemson's investigation seems incredibly long and purposely slow played.

Deonte Brown will miss the game against us if he does not win his appeal with rhe NCAA. The suspension for failing drug test for recreational drugs is 6 games (half a season) so 4 games are left on his suspension.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/01/10...spension-in-2019-ua-filling-appeal-with-ncaa/

Not sure about other 2 players because they were not starters and no articles are written about an appeal for them since they do not play.

Clemson's investigation seems incredibly long and purposely slow played.

Thanks for the link. Seems strange that Bama is only appealing one of the suspensions, and only one fansite is covering it.

Thanks for the link. Seems strange that Bama is only appealing one of the suspensions, and only one fansite is covering it.

Bama must have their ways. From what I read about the other 2 is they don't play much or have much of a chance to. It is also not disclosed if they were suspended for failing a drug test or something else. Maybe it will come up later, I will keep checking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT