ADVERTISEMENT

The Nunez train has started.

A big win this weekend will go a long way in changing the moral of this team. We could end up seeing great things.

Man this makes this week better. I can't wait for Saturday!
If Jr. has anything to do with game planning or play calling this week, it won't matter. That guy has single-handily ruined our program and sullied his father's legacy at SC. If he had an ounce of integrity he'd resign from the staff today, and if his father still has any brains left he'd let GA run the O starting today.

Reactions: gamecock ed
If Jr. has anything to do with game planning or play calling this week, it won't matter. That guy has single-handily ruined our program and sullied his father's legacy at SC. If he had an ounce of integrity he'd resign from the staff today, and if his father still has any brains left he'd let GA run the O starting today.
Spurrier said he was calling The plays this year. We have to trust him.

Go cocks!

The kid is very quick and has some good moves. Last week he made a move that I have not seen since Ace Sanders.

This will be a great game to get him some reps. If the O line does not go in the tank we we will have something special.

It's a good move to throw Nunez in there. He's more of the future than Orth. McIlwain is likely the "star", but he hopefully won't see the field until his So. season. No matter what the coaches try to do, this season is a 7-6 type season at best. We don't have good enough players, period.

We do have quite a few good players that are RFr and Fr. You can't win much in the SEC with Fr as your best players. It does bode well for the future years, but it doesn't help much for this particular year.

I'm not sure what the main reason for the sparse talent for the Sr and Jr years though. Was it the reduced scholarships, the lack of being able to sell playing time behind the dominant players on D, or the coaches that moved on? Regardless, a team goes the way of their upperclassmen. We have some down years there and it will cycle through.

Let's hope it lasts longer than "The Mitch Train" and "The Orth Train"
His throwing was a very small sample, but you can tell he can hit every throw. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a cam newton type of season. 150 plus yards rushing and by the end of the year accounting for 500 yards plus. Perfect when we get them taters that can't stop a mobile qb.

Reactions: debordieu cock
I thought Orth did fine. He had a better arm than I though he did. It sucks we couldn't run the ball and Wilds got injured for the umpteenth time. Still, if Nunez can make the throws, he is probably our best option because of his mobility.

His throwing was a very small sample, but you can tell he can hit every throw. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a cam newton type of season. 150 plus yards rushing and by the end of the year accounting for 500 yards plus. Perfect when we get them taters that can't stop a mobile qb.

A cam newton type of season huh? Haha.

Reactions: IkeWild33

How do you come to such confident a conclusion?

Reactions: CliffordII
A big win this weekend will go a long way in changing the moral of this team. We could end up seeing great things.

I want to see this weekend, a shut out win, 450+ yards total offense and 7 TD's ... Anything less would be a disappointment..

I want to see this weekend, a shut out win, 450+ yards total offense and 7 TD's ... Anything less would be a disappointment..

I VERY much disagree w/ this: "Anything less than 7 TD's is a disappointment "?
What a D*** good way to set yourself up for failure !!
Firstly, do you realize that CFU only lost BOTH games 2015 by ONE point ?
Secondly, they will be HUNGRY for a win .
Thirdly, Do you realize that they have a coach (George O'leary) that just TWO years ago was undefeated (exception ONE close loss to USC, 2013) , BCS BOWL-winning season ?
Fourthly, although I believe in Nunez, he IS a red-shirt freshman making his very first start.
Now, no, I'm not saying the Gamecocks can't win this one by a comfortable as possible margin, but to go on record and say "ANYTHING LES THAT 7 TD'S IS A DISAPPOINTMENT sounds like frustration--and setting the other Gamecock fans up NOT TO SUCCEED.
Come on man, BE R E A S O N A B L E !!!!!!!!!

I agree. Nunez will right this cockaboose. The kid is the real deal. Still a bit raw as a passer but his running is elite. He has at least 150 and 2 scores on the ground Saturday. Probably add 200 or so through the air. Cocks run away with it Saturday. These cats lost to Furman! Cocks win by at least 3 TD'S.

Reactions: cocks4EVA_
Thirdly, Do you realize that they have a coach (George O'leary) that just TWO years ago was undefeated (exception ONE close loss to USC, 2013) , BCS BOWL-winning season ?
Fourthly, although I believe in Nunez, he IS a red-shirt freshman making his very first start.
Now, no, I'm not saying the Gamecocks can't win this one by a comfortable as possible margin, but to go on record and say "ANYTHING LES THAT 7 TD'S IS A DISAPPOINTMENT sounds like frustration--and setting the other Gamecock fans up NOT TO SUCCEED.

Bring up your standards...

Zo isn't a red-shirt, he is a tTRUE Freshman. I agree 7 TDs might be a little of a long shot, but I think we score at least 5 if not 6. I don't care how hungry UCF is for a win, they just lost to Furman. This isn't the same Blake Bortles led team from two years ago, they are a dumpster fire worse than ours. This doesn't even include them kicking off their star RB from the team. Lets put it this way- If this game is close, or God forbid we lose... it is highly recommended that anyone with the last name of Spurrier, Adams, Ward, Botkin, Elliott, and Hoke all find a one way ticket out of town.

No matter what the coaches try to do, this season is a 7-6 type season at best. We don't have good enough players, period.

Sadly, I agree. Hope Nunez does not put too much pressure on himself because he won't be able to single handedly win games when our defense is giving up 55 points to good teams. Sure hope I'm wrong though just trying to be realistic.

Tell me about it! I like the change & it may very well be the spark we need. Lorenzo "kick ass" Nunez

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT