ADVERTISEMENT

The Official College Hoops Countdown Thread: 11/6 Update including SEC SCHEDULE and Chuck Martin, Couisnard, and Leveque media availability

Spurlier

Nov 9, 2017
Good morning Gamecock fans. We’re just 30 days away from basketball season!

This thread will serve to host links to my thoughts leading up to the season as well as post information I think is important leading up to the season. It’s also a great place for all the Hoop Heads to gather and discuss the upcoming season. Looking forward to chatting with y’all!

For the many new members I’ve seen, I’ll post a link to my posts from a month ago. We’re still waiting for a schedule, and when that comes, I’ll be doing the research and giving the scoop on all of our OOC opponents, followed by a rundown of the SEC, and finally, my predictions.

As a reminder, preseason practice kicked off on October 14. We’ve had a preseasons press conference from Frank Martin

and we’ve heard from Couisnard, Minaya, Woods, and Lawson

The basketball season has been cut shorter thanks to Covid-19. The SEC has announced that SEC play will start December 29th and 18 games will still be played like normal. The out of conference schedule will be 9 games long including the multi team event, Hall of Fame Classic, and a tentatively scheduled December 19th matchup against Clemson. Frank has also stated that he may elect to use one of his out of conference games as an exhibition game which means only 26 would count towards a NCAA tournament bid

I’ll add more to this thread as we get closer to tip-off so be on the lookout!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News