ADVERTISEMENT

The old saying is “everyone loves a winner”

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
But to me it’s “everyone hates a winner”

To me I hate a winner. Jordan Spieth and Tiger Woods for example. I hated them when they won. Now that they have had some rough times, I’m perfectly fine with them winning.
What say you? Do you love or hate a winner?

Everyone loves Bama and the Patriots.

Same as you. I actually wanted Tiger to go on a winning streak last year.

Reactions: Judson1
Probably shakes out about the same.

I'm a Yankees fan. I've met many bandwagon fans who claim to be fans, but when I try talking Yankees with them they don't actually know anything. But I've met just as many who hate the Yankees for no reason other than they are the Yankees.

I enjoy pulling for a winner for a short amount of time, but then it gets tiresome. I liked the Patriots and Brady for the first 90yrs, but I'm very tired of and very done with them (yes, I know Brady has moved on). Same with New Orleans (of course bounty-gate helped form my disdain there). I guess you would say that I'm not a big fan of dynasties (unless it's SC, or course..... lol! :( ).

I don’t know if they hate a winner as much as people just get tired of the gushing from the announcers and the press. It’s the same as all of the crap about cheating in sports. People wanted to take everything away from the Astros because they were more open about doing the same things that teams have bragged about for years. Yet the Patriots have been caught illegally filming teams, swapping footballs and various other things and that is just gamesmanship. Maybe it’s just the “sanctity” of baseball but the bending over backwards to defend Belichick is a massive turn off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT