ADVERTISEMENT

The real reasons why Pastides is Retiring/leaving USC...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
1. Losing to Clemson 5 years in a row...
1288987.jpg

2. He wants to be the next Dos Equis man

LYSYSTK7OVEFFJEFACYPPF54CY.jpg

3. He's running for President in 2020... Why not, everyone else is...

HarrisPOTUS.jpg

4. He wants wear his seersucker suits all year round.

76f72f84-c336-4a75-a138-a50a2323feaf.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Finally the real reason for leaving...

5. The BOT showed Pastides the new USC logo and he said I'm out of here.... This ain't goin' happening on my watch...

5c379360ab990.image.jpg

I have a friend who is on the BOT at a major university (not USC), and has been on that board for some years. He said a lot of these major college presidents are ready to get out after about 10 years, tired of all the headaches.

We need more Presidents like Andrew Sorensen and Harris Pastides who love Carolina...

We need more Presidents like Andrew Sorensen and Harris Pastides who love Carolina...

Glad you mentioned Dr. Sorenson. He did a great job in a short period of time (6 years, I think). We could certainly use another like either one of these gentlemen. I wonder if the BOT realizes how important this year's Presidential appointment means to the university. I hope so. My guess is the 'New Carolina' alums (those under, say, their 50's) won't sit still for the selection of a 'chair' Prez or one who is just 'passing through'.

I have a friend who is on the BOT at a major university (not USC), and has been on that board for some years. He said a lot of these major college presidents are ready to get out after about 10 years, tired of all the headaches.
The education bubble has to pop at some point. I wonder if these presidents are seeing it starting to pop and have decided it is a good time to get out.

1. Losing to Clemson 5 years in a row...
1288987.jpg

2. He wants to be the next Dos Equis man

LYSYSTK7OVEFFJEFACYPPF54CY.jpg

3. He's running for President in 2020... Why not, everyone else is...

HarrisPOTUS.jpg

4. He wants wear his seersucker suits all year round.

76f72f84-c336-4a75-a138-a50a2323feaf.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Finally the real reason for leaving...

5. The BOT showed Pastides the new USC logo and he said I'm out of here.... This ain't goin' happening on my watch...

5c379360ab990.image.jpg

He turns 65 next month and he's been at USC for over 20 years, so he will be pension eligible. His salary is 325k, but total compensation is 1 million - I'd bet it's got something financial to do with that combo of 65/20.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Ten years is about max for a University President in this day and age.

Reactions: pisgah
Ten years is about max for a University President in this day and age.
Unless your fortunate enough to land a job at a po-dunk university funded by the state but not over-regulated by politicians and has the authority to control everything from the local police to the media coverage of your university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT