ADVERTISEMENT

The reason the Power 5 is going conference only

R

Reddfoxx1

Is because of the MONEY
Not the travel.

The Big 10 will save over 60 million alone by not having to pay the Eastern Michigan’s of the world to come get their 48-7 beating.

That’s the only reason. They can’t pay Akron 2 million to come play in an empty stadium.

The MAC might be done.
The Sun Belt might be done.
The Mountain West might be done

All the little guys should sue . Coastal Carolina is not going to get that big check in September. Breach of contract or something.

All the little guys should sue . Coastal Carolina is not going to get that big check in September. Breach of contract or something.
App state comes and takes their dang money and gave us an azz whooping

Last edited:
Reactions: 76MACC
Is because of the MONEY
Not the travel.

The Big 10 will save over 60 million alone by not having to pay the Eastern Michigan’s of the world to come get their 48-7 beating.

That’s the only reason. They can’t pay Akron 2 million to come play in an empty stadium.

The MAC might be done.
It'll devastate those smaller schools. I work at smaller college and a sense of fatalism has crept into the athletic dept. They think the football season is toast, taking scholarships and jobs with it.

It'll devastate those smaller schools. I work at smaller college and a sense of fatalism has crept into the athletic dept. They think the football season is toast, taking scholarships and jobs with it.
Sorry to hear this. For the Woffords, Citadels, SC States, etc, etc of the sports world, this season is not what they need to worry about. If college football is played this year (a BIG IF), I believe the fans of the Power 5 (and the cable sports networks) are going to love extra conference games and not want to go back to 1/4 non-conference schedules.

Last edited:
Well , there is nothing we can do about last year.
I think last year must be the pc of the pie we always miss cause we always say wait till next year. If we do it last year we won’t say that.

Is because of the MONEY
Not the travel.

The MAC might be done.
It is about money, yes. More to do with broadcast rights and conference aligned TV deals than paying the small schools for games, but the payout surely played a factor in the decisions I imagine.

Actually, this will be good for football. Not trying to be insensitive to the smaller schools, but this is real football. Maybe this is the beginning of super conferences?

Actually, this will be good for football. Not trying to be insensitive to the smaller schools, but this is real football. Maybe this is the beginning of super conferences?
Four 16-team leagues fashioned along geographic lines. And if Notre Dame doesn't want to come in, let them play Brigham Young 12 times.

It's about controlling the standards to play. A MAC school count be held accountable for testing the way a Big 10 school will do. They can't penalize the other school.

It's just a first step football isn't happening guys... They are just doing it in stages

Is because of the MONEY
Not the travel.

The MAC might be done.
Spot on! Follow the money...

When the small school football scholarships dry up, there are going to be a lot of kids missing opportunities for a college education. Those kids are not screaming to be paid for play, they just want to play.

Personally, I would rather watch paint dry than Wofford or the Citadel play football, but I do feel bad for their players who wanted 4 more years of playing competitive sports. Gonna be some really talented intramural teams soon.

I have sensed for awhile that college sports were losing their luster and the pandemic may deal a major blow that is permanent. Still to be seen, as sometimes when the $hit hits the fan, it results in an improvement. This sure seems like a good time to go to the 64 team league.

Reactions: Reddfoxx1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT