ADVERTISEMENT

The Standard Restaurant - Norman

TheStandardNormanOK

Silver Member
Oct 18, 2024
Hey, guys-
First, I come in peace. In fact, you'll find that OU fans are a relatively friendly bunch. Are we SEC Ready as a fanbase? Ha. We shall see.

I have been a member over at SoonerScoop.com since 2004 when I started at OU, so I know how the boards game goes. I am also co-owner (with my three siblings and mom) and Managing Partner of The Standard in Norman (The Standard Website). We opened our restaurant/bar October 2022 in Downtown Norman, which is less than mile to the stadium. 48 beers on tap (primarily Oklahoma breweries, but also a few domestics), fully stocked bar, burgers, wings, fried green tomatoes, etc. 4,000 sq ft of interior beer hall in an former auto body shop with another 5,600 sq ft of outdoor patio/beer garden. It’s been a fun ride and happy to bring another good spot to Norman, where 3 of the 5 of us call home.

I am reaching out to invite any Vols into our house. It's a great spot to not only pregame (Thursday/Friday night and on Gameday), but also to watch the game. We have 9 TVs throughout the restaurant ranging from 68" to 85". If you'd like to take it one step further and host an event, please email events@thestandardnorman.com and our boy Paul will get you going.

Sidenote: Confidence is low here in Norman after our first two weeks. Feeling good about our defense for the first time in at least a decade, but our offense is both decimated by injuries and seemingly inept. It could be a long year with our schedule, but hopefully we put up a fight. Either way, we are glad to be in the SEC where real football is played. 95% of us were ready to jet the Little 12. Iron sharpens iron, as they say. We'll see how that works.

Enjoy Norman and please reach out my way at owner@thestandardnorman.com if you want any additional recs while you're here!

Reactions: Ward Jr
That sounds great however I would prefer if you could mail me Phresh Bakd Donutz from Phresh Harvest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT