ADVERTISEMENT

The Team never quit on us yesterday

That's one way to spin it. Respectfully, consider the following;

1. We were home - big game and we show up after half time.
2. Discovered another option at QB just to run him out to make TAM think. Didn't do it.
3. We had tape on Kellen Mond) clemson did not, should have schemed against his talents better.

I guess we did not protect our house and put TAM on course to a decent bowl while we search high and low for a winnable 12th game.

Just not where I thought we would be six games into the season.

That's one way to spin it. Respectfully, consider the following;

1. We were home - big game and we show up after half time.
2. Discovered another option at QB just to run him out to make TAM think. Didn't do it.
3. We had tape on Kellen Mond) clemson did not, should have schemed against his talents better.

I guess we did not protect our house and put TAM on course to a decent bowl while we search high and low for a winnable 12th game.

Just not where I thought we would be six games into the season.
Why didn’t Clemson have tape on Mond? Budget cuts?

I thought he was a redshirt freshman? And if not, first year in jimbo system. Point is we knew they worked over clemson to the tune of 400 passing yards with a lot being yards after the catch.

I thought he was a redshirt freshman? And if not, first year in jimbo system. Point is we knew they worked over clemson to the tune of 400 passing yards with a lot being yards after the catch.
Played last year, and against us.

Thought we had to sell out on the run, which worked well. Unfortunately, we gave way too much cushion on the edge passing, and made their tight end look all world.

Bottom line though is the O cost us this game. Thought our D held up well, given what our offense was doing (or not doing).

Correction.
They did not Quit on each other. Meanwhile there were plenty of people in the stands who quit on them
For as long as I can remember, we have had a good fan base in terms of numbers, but not in terms of football grittiness: sitting through bad weather. etc. We don't even intend to stay, intending instead to party.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Agree - lost in the loss is how well the defense played overall. They came to play, slowed down the run, contained A&M to a number of points that should have won the game. Yes, we didn`t stop them at the end but I believe we were worn out due to being on the field all day. The offense did rally and we could have won. We would have won if the offense didn`t shoot ourselvs in the foot repeatedly. It`s a shame because the defense came to play. We also had some people out at the end - banged up or tired. That happens when the defense was on the field for what, 41 minutes. I believe we gave up the same # of points Clemson did, didn`t we?

We didn't and haven't quit on this team either. Some of us including me question certain game decisions by staff. That is a time honored American tradition on all campuses. Social blogs like this simply make it more noticeable as it has gone from dorm rooms to the World Wide Web. University trains us to think critically not be monkeys at the end of a music box. I believe that every non-troll on this site supports every student athlete of our many teams if for no other reason than we support youth striving to improve themselves. Am I right Cocks? Gamecock Nation Unite!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Played last year, and against us.

Thought we had to sell out on the run, which worked well. Unfortunately, we gave way too much cushion on the edge passing, and made their tight end look all world.
Why don't/can't we do that when other teams sell out on the run?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT