ADVERTISEMENT

The two big things wrong right now and three candidates to come in if decided to go that way

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
The two biggest things wrong with this program are:
1 - Evaluation & development - We have essentially lost three years of Quarterbacks when you look at who we brought in after Shaw and Thompson. WE had Mcvoy(no longer with the team), Nosivitch(no longer with the team) and Mitch(injured and if Nunez does good I see Mitch transferring). That is three years of basically whiffing on QB's and why we are starting a walk-on or true freshman now. We also have whiffed on many four stars and even thinking we saw good in two stars that didnt turn out. In that we have also clearly whiffed on evaluation of coaches we have brought in. First and Foremost Deke Adams. I have yet to see him recruit anyone of significance and I have yet to see anything with the D-line move forward under his watch. He is clearly in over his head and cant stay. I love Spurrier Jr and appreciate the way he treats fans and especially my daughter on a day that his Dad completely ignored her at the Fan day when she was 6 years old. Jr was great to her talking to her for about 10 minutes. However we need to evaluate the recruits better and have a better plan going forward.
2 - The second problem is discipline - We have about 6-7 personal fouls called already in three games with many being unsportsmanlike conduct. Players pushing each other and other teams. We clearly do not take coaching well and do what they are taught and that comes from lack of discipline. My fear is we are about to see the end of the Holtz era all over again and that was completely embarrassing.

If we decide to go another direction, I see three possible candidates that would be good.
First, I am highest on Mario Cristobal from Alabama. he is their top recruiter and one of the best in the country. he did good at FIU while there considering what he had to work with and against.
Secondly, Jeremy Pruitt - He is respected and has done great at Alabama, Fla. St and now Georgia so he has coached and recruited on a high level.
Thirdly - Justin Fuente - I still have concerns here based on coming to SEC from memphis but he is young and doing quite well.
A final bonus darkhorse would be PJ Fleck from Western Michigan. Known as great recruiter and doing great things with that team.

Just my thoughts and I hope we can turn things around this season but it starts from within.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT