ADVERTISEMENT

There are 2 types of fans left on the board

The wheels have come off in season 3 under Muschamp. This will be a losing season followed by a almost certain losing season next year. Most are going with number 1 because it will be so apparent this time next year that he's not the right guy .
I haven't seen him drop a pass the entire time he was here. The receivers cost us that game.

It became apparent to me when Scarn didn't come on the field for the 4th possession of the game after the INT that Muschamp isn't going to get it done. He doesn't sit players down after personal fouls either.

I took his word from the press conference early in the week that he would play who we needed to to win. That's just false.

Its sad because our defense have played their butts off.

When I look at Muschamp, Bentley and most of our staff I see American Conference or Conf USA. We hire like it, play like it and our fanbase is basically ok. The La Tech game last year probably the best example.

The wheels have come off in season 3 under Muschamp. This will be a losing season followed by a almost certain losing season next year. Most are going with number 1 because it will be so apparent this time next year that he's not the right guy .
If it’s not apparent to anyone by now, that’s the problem. It could lead me to conclude our fan base is blind.

I believe every Gamecock fan has gotten greedy after the Spurrier years. He took us to the promise land and showed us it can happen so now we expect that every year bc it has happened. I mean we use to be excited over 7 wins and a berth in the bowl. I love goin to Columbia on Saturday’s for the games and tailgating with friends you don’t get to see all the time and the atmosphere is awesome in Williams Brice stadium. One thing for next year and from here on out is that I will not get excited for the hype. “All gas no brakes, high tempo, not be outworked, best wr in the nation, Bentley has improved, etc.” I haven’t seen it this year so until you show me on the field , I will not buy into it. I’ll keep attending the games and cheer em on but I’m not getting excited for the product we are goin to put on the field.

I haven't seen him drop a pass the entire time he was here. The receivers cost us that game.
How often do WRs at Bama, UGA, Clemp and tOSU drop passes during a game? It happens, but not 8x in a single game. Yesterday was atrocious. How often did players on McGuire teams dribble the ball off their foot out off bounds? Great coaches teach. And, surprise-surprise, they preach and expect success. When a WR dropped a pass under SOS that player sat immediately. When Garcia played like shit against Aubie, he was replaced by Shaw. That’s not who Champ is, but you’re certainly free to keep defending him. You’ll be sitting in a lonely and quiet W-B.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Or you could be disappointed but still see the forest for the trees. Some of you really think there are one or two solutions that will win every game.

It's peculiar how the WRs that dropped so many passes this season seemed to catch every ball thrown their way when playing against Missouri. Not suggesting anything nefarious. Some QBs throw balls that are more catchable. Also not intentionally criticizing JB. He's a very good QB, leader, person, from all I've seen. When a player struggles, and a solid backup is available, I expect the backup to play.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Gamecock fan my whole life and if we’d just accept #2 we would be happier fans because middle Tier SEC may be all we are or will ever be. Next year we have UGA on the road, A and M on the road, App St and Bama, so I don’t see us getting many easy wins.
My financial investment isn't what it used to be, but many people are sinking a lot of money into this program. They have to love it - and/or the school - because, as an investment, it is a clunker. If they conducted the rest of their lives the same way, they wouldn't be be in a position to invest so heavily in Gamecock sports. It's a good thing they have their financial commitments compartmentalized.

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
Not every game, but a game like yesterday 1-2 solutions would have won it.

Like what? You're not going bench the wide receivers. Tyson Williams wasn't going to win the game. Scarnecchia maybe would have started better, but Bentley played good enough after the interception.

Like what? You're not going bench the wide receivers. Tyson Williams wasn't going to win the game. Scarnecchia maybe would have started better, but Bentley played good enough after the interception.

Williams is a whole lot better than the 2018 version of Dowdle and Denson.

Scarneccia could not have started any worse than Bentley. We might not have had to come from behind if we didn’t get absolute crap at the QB spot in the first half. The second TD catch looked more like a punt that our player out jumped the defender.

The receivers sucked yesterday but as mentioned by another poster, they catch the Scarneccia ball.

What has Bentley done to warrant playing without giving Scarneccia a chance? Beating Louisiana Tech, Coastal and Tennessee doesn’t do it for me.

If your whole defense is Missouri is worse than Texas A and M, at least let Scarneccia trot out there against the big dogs and see what he can do. Bentley is 0 for anything we label “big game”

Reactions: aceman39
Well, I’ll take a shot.

1. When JB threw the 1st 2 passes high, I would have sat him the next series. Tell him to relax and watch what aTm is doing on D from the sidelines.
2. When a WR dropped a pass, I would have done exactly what SOS did.
3. When TW was running well wide, I would have kept it going until aTm stopped it. You know, kinda like what aTm did with their TE.
4. I would not run Deebo’s sweep anymore. It’s predictable and hasn’t worked since early this year. At least run a fake.
5. An occasional toss sweep would catch our opponent off guard.
6. Lining up under center would catch our opponent off guard.
7. A few more tosses to the TE per game would catch our opponent off guard.
8. A running play using misdirection would catch our opponent off guard.
9. A wheel route is a relatively safe passing play and would catch our opponent off guard.
10. Lining up in the I and handing it to the FB would catch our opponent off guard.
11. We’ve watched JB throw it high every game for about 2 years. After attending the Manning camps and all the other stuff he’s allegedly done, he’s not changing. Next guy up.
12. Teach our WRs how to run a legal pick play and how to block.
13. Teach our QB not to throw a screen when the defender is right on top of the receiver.
14. Always have a safety valve and teach the QB to use it.
15. Listen to what the aTm TE said about how our guys didn’t know what to do and tell me that we couldnt have made a change or 2 to revise the outcome.

Well, I’ll take a shot.

1. When JB threw the 1st 2 passes high, I would have sat him the next series. Tell him to relax and watch what aTm is doing on D from the sidelines.
2. When a WR dropped a pass, I would have done exactly what SOS did.
3. When TW was running well wide, I would have kept it going until aTm stopped it. You know, kinda like what aTm did with their TE.
4. I would not run the Deebo’s sweep anymore. It’s predictable and hasn’t worked since early this year.
5. An occasional toss sweep would catch our opponent off guard.
6. Lining up under center would catch our opponent off guard.
7. A few more tosses to the TE per game would catch our opponent off guard.
8. A running play using misdirection would catch our opponent off guard.
9. A wheel route is a relatively safe passing play and would catch our opponent off guard.
10. Lining up in the I and handing it to the FB would catch our opponent off guard.
11. We’ve watched JB throw it high every game for about 2 years. After attending the Manning camps and all the other stuff he’s allegedly done, he’s not changing. Next guy up.
12. Teach our WRs how to run a legal pick play and how to block.
13. Teach our QB not to throw a screen when the defender is right on top of the receiver.
14. Always have a safety valve and teach the QB to use it.
15. Listen to what the aTm TE said about how our guys didn’t know what to do and tell me that we couldnt have made a change or 2 to revise the outcome.

I’d be willing to give you a shot.

Reactions: 4ever2thee
Williams is a whole lot better than the 2018 version of Dowdle and Denson.

Scarneccia could not have started any worse than Bentley. We might not have had to come from behind if we didn’t get absolute crap at the QB spot in the first half. The second TD catch looked more like a punt that our player out jumped the defender.

The receivers sucked yesterday but as mentioned by another poster, they catch the Scarneccia ball.

What has Bentley done to warrant playing without giving Scarneccia a chance? Beating Louisiana Tech, Coastal and Tennessee doesn’t do it for me.

If your whole defense is Missouri is worse than Texas A and M, at least let Scarneccia trot out there against the big dogs and see what he can do. Bentley is 0 for anything we label “big game”
What funny is Mizzou held Bama to their lowest points total all year. Their defense isn't as bad as many say, in fact I think their secondary is better than A&M's.

You forgot #3...The Scumbags that denigrate the Athletic programs. DO NOT BOO THE ATHLETES!!!!! You should move on to other hobbies.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I have been hopeful Muschamp would prove people wrong, but yesterday’s game really destroyed any hope I had. Not sticking Scarnecchia in after the INT makes no sense. I think Muschamp is hard-headed. That’s the only way I can explain it.

I believe every Gamecock fan has gotten greedy after the Spurrier years. He took us to the promise land and showed us it can happen so now we expect that every year bc it has happened. I mean we use to be excited over 7 wins and a berth in the bowl. I love goin to Columbia on Saturday’s for the games and tailgating with friends you don’t get to see all the time and the atmosphere is awesome in Williams Brice stadium. One thing for next year and from here on out is that I will not get excited for the hype. “All gas no brakes, high tempo, not be outworked, best wr in the nation, Bentley has improved, etc.” I haven’t seen it this year so until you show me on the field , I will not buy into it. I’ll keep attending the games and cheer em on but I’m not getting excited for the product we are goin to put on the field.
Best move you can make. I started this back in 2008 and enjoy my Saturdays more. We will always be a middle of the road SEC team.

1. Those that are ticked off and want to see some changes.

2. Those who think we need to quit booing and support the players and coaches on their quest through mediocrity and below.

I'm #1 tenfold.

En lo que respecta al #2, this (“We’re not mad at the fans, by the way,” Spurrier said. “Maybe they had a right to boo because of the way it happened. “We’ll take all the criticism. We deserve it. I deserve it.”) pretty much sumises my philosophy; and by no doubt is such dead-on correctly fitting!!!)

Spurrier: Boos were justified

This is a perfect example as to where my philosophy in regards to team support (both athletic and academic) pertains to the university of which I am an alumnus...

IAN GUERIN / For the Herald Journal
Posted Oct 24, 2007 at 1:19 AMUpdated Oct 24, 2007 at 3:36PM

Goupstate.com

COLUMBIA - South Carolina would love to forget about Vanderbilt. On Tuesday, that might have required a lobotomy.

From the time Steve Spurrier started his weekly new conference by saying his players appeared to not “give a damn” to finishing up by talking about how Vanderbilt’s punter was named the SEC special teams player of the week, the USC coach couldn’t get the Commodores off his mind.

It was another remnant of the Gamecocks’ loss over the weekend, a loss that knocked USC from No. 6 to No. 15 in The Associated Press rankings and possibly deflated the confidence level of South Carolina’s players and coaches.

It certainly did a number on the USC fans, who booed Spurrier, his staff and players during the game.

“We’re not mad at the fans, by the way,” Spurrier said. “Maybe they had a right to boo because of the way it happened.

“We’ll take all the criticism. We deserve it. I deserve it.”

Turning that criticism into some form of motivation for Saturday’s game at Tennessee would likely give the fans reason enough to forget about last weekend’s loss.

That’s where two completely different schools of thought might come into play. In the past, Spurrier has hinted at how losses can sometimes increase mental consumption during the following week of practice.

Clemson coach Tommy Bowden, though, has said repeatedly that everything is easier after a victory.

USC defensive back Captain Munnerlyn sided with his coach, adding a back-against-the-wall mentality might also be coming into focus.

“We didn’t need this loss,” Munnerlyn said. “But I think it’s going to help the team get better in certain situations, because these next three games, we know we have to win.”

Indeed, to win the SEC East crown, the Gamecocks may have to win out against Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida.

The Gators, Georgia and South Carolina are all 3-2 in conference play, with Kentucky and Tennessee not far behind at 2-2. Vanderbilt is bringing up the rear at 2-3. Point being, it’s still anyone’s ballgame.

If South Carolina is going to continue to be a part of the race, it will have to somehow forget about that loss against Vanderbilt.

″(Coach Spurrier) said we just need to pick it up,” Munnerlyn said, “and put the loss behind us.”

Easier said than done.

QUARTERBACK THREE-STEP? Spurrier said Tuesday that quarterbacks Chris Smelley, Blake Mitchell and Tommy Beecher are all being considered to start Saturday’s game. The coach said he is mixing up practice this week to see which player will rise above the other two.

One change from last week - when Smelley and Mitchell both played - is that Spurrier plans to go with one quarterback throughout the game, barring injury or poor play.

Spurrier said he will not make a decision until later in the week, possibly as late as Saturday.

QUICK SCAN: Munnerlyn, who had a career-best 46-yard return punt return in the first half of Saturday’s game, said he had to double-check the field for extra laundry.

“I was looking around after I ran,” he said. ” ‘No penalty flags? OK. OK.’ ”

Munnerlyn has broken multiple runs for long distance this season, only to have the play nullified due to penalties.

NO LIVE TV: USC’s game at Arkansas on Nov. 3 will start at 2 p.m. ET and will not be televised live.

“We tried everything within our power to make the game available for Gamecock fans, including reaching out to the Arkansas athletic department to change the time,” Steve Fink, USC spokesman Steve Fink said. “Unfortunately, changing the time was not an option.”

SEC regulations state that if the game is not picked up by networks, an institution may allow one pay-per-view telecast during regularly scheduled CBS and Lincoln Financial time windows, an option that South Carolina exercised for the Vanderbilt game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT