ADVERTISEMENT

Things to do in Charlotte before/after bowl game

Most leaders in York county...at least Clover/Lake Wylie are very anti growth.
I dont disagree with them. They needed to slow the growth in the area as it has gotten out of control. For a while they were playing the game of how many houses can we fit on this 1/4 of an acre.

Reactions: WSPCock11
I dont disagree with them. They needed to slow the growth in the area as it has gotten out of control. For a while they were playing the game of how many houses can we fit on this 1/4 of an acre.
Apparently not in Fort Mill, though.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Drive across the S.C. border and sit in a Sports bar and watch it. Much better parking and the departure will be easier. Food will probably be better too.

Drive across the S.C. border and sit in a Sports bar and watch it. Much better parking and the departure will be easier. Food will probably be better too.
or just stay home and watch it..
giphy.gif

In the next 20 years or so, that rail line needs to extend from Rock Hill to Concord and from Gastonia (Grastoneya) to Monroe! IOWS, kinda copy MARTA!!

I was curious what you meant earlier when you said Charlotte should have taken advice from Atlanta regarding traffic. I assume you meant MARTA. I have no stats but I'd say in general people in Atlanta who have cars do not ride MARTA. Add to that Cobb and Gwinnett (two most congested counties in ATL) didn't allow the train in and you get gridlock. ATL traffic sucks and if you want to use those new express lanes during peak traffic on a regular basis you better get a second job!

If I was going, I would take in a meal at the Cajun Queen.
As an Elizabeth resident - agreed. Also, a block up 7th at Pecan are two great options which are new to the neighborhood - The Crunkleton and The Stanley. Elizabeth is about a 1.5 miles from the stadium.

The street car (free) terminus stop is a half a mile from these areas on Hawthorne (in front of Providence Hospital) and takes you up Eliz Ave/Trade St to downtown (uptown).

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
I enjoy Charlotte. The city is growing fast. Downtown is great. My wife and I greatly enjoy staying downtown from time to time and taking in a play,etc/

Did one of the "foodie" tours a few months ago and hit 4 restaurants in one afternoon downtown. Very fun.

We love staying at The Dunhill downtown. Classy place. Feels like we stepped back in time in a good way staying at that hotel. Very unique place.

I work in Charlotte and the surrounding areas 5-6 times a month. I'm here today. Never had any issues or problems.

I'm leery of anything west of Tryon Street. I'm speaking generally now, not this particular facility.
You're missing the jewel of uptown - 4th ward. Do yourself a favor and grab a bite and a drink at Alexander Michaels. GO west, young man.

Would you mind telling me where you heard this? I hope this is true, because I just bought a house in clover/lake wylie...well, technically York but a tad closer to the other 2. I lived in Lake Wylie from 2010 and 2015 and its incredible how much its grown just in the last 3 to 4 years. They need to stop!

Follow York County Council person Allison Love on Facebook. She's trying to block every project being planned down there.

Reactions: WSPCock11
I was curious what you meant earlier when you said Charlotte should have taken advice from Atlanta regarding traffic. I assume you meant MARTA. I have no stats but I'd say in general people in Atlanta who have cars do not ride MARTA. Add to that Cobb and Gwinnett (two most congested counties in ATL) didn't allow the train in and you get gridlock. ATL traffic sucks and if you want to use those new express lanes during peak traffic on a regular basis you better get a second job!
Man Ive used MARTA many times over the years (trains now - not buses!)!! From taking my sons' to Braves and Falcons games to various work related stuff! We used to take our sons' baseball and football teams (youngster teams) to Kennsington, GA., get rooms for all the kids, then schedule our Saturday or Sunday schedules accordingly and have a blast with the kids!! Just sayin now, no biggy.

For the record, MARTA isnt perfect either...

Where It All Went Wrong

Man Ive used MARTA many times over the years (trains now - not buses!)!! From taking my sons' to Braves and Falcons games to various work related stuff! We used to take our sons' baseball and football teams (youngster teams) to Kennsington, GA., get rooms for all the kids, then schedule our Saturday or Sunday schedules accordingly and have a blast with the kids!! Just sayin now, no biggy.

For the record, MARTA isnt perfect either...

Where It All Went Wrong
I'm just shocked that the issue of race is invoked here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT