ADVERTISEMENT

Third friend this week tested positive ...

If anything, they are being UNDERcounted. Google a couple of articles:
1. "Death Certificates Suggest Covid-19 Deaths Way Undercounted";
2. "Covid-19 Associated Deaths Significantly Undercounted".
Sorry, I will go with what is being told directly to me than what the biased and often false news media reports.

Are they really least likely to transmit it? Kids are generally the least responsible when it comes to sanitizing and social distancing. It would seem like they would be the most likely to transmit as many could have it and not show any symptoms and never know that they had it.
IDK. If they can't contract it, they can't transmit it. But that's not known and there will be some with weaker immunity. It might be a learn as you go process.

Other than being larger, it is no different from South Carolina.
The climate is much different, the population is much larger, and the population is spread much more evenly not towards the coast like cali, you’re wrong

Do all the spinning until your heart beats wildly with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It won't change the numbers from the medical community, now unfortunately topping 143,000 at 143,054 covid American deaths, and sadly, still counting.
Yes, and there are reports of deaths that were not COVID19 deaths being reported as COVID19 deaths.

They have no idea what the actual numbers are.

The problem is the source of that number are thousands of sources and there is no way to realistically ensure the accuracy.
Going with the best available data. Any report can have inaccuracies. And in this case, the death count from covid could actually be higher than reported. In the end, I go with the best available data.

Reactions: Dizzy01
The problem is the source of that number are thousands of sources and there is no way to realistically ensure the accuracy.

Do you think we’ll get more accurate information if it comes from just one source? My gut says that if that one source is the current occupant of the White House, you’ll say yes. Of course, if he isn’t gathering information from those same thousands of sources then he’s just making it up. Would you still believe it? My gut says...

Do you think we’ll get more accurate information if it comes from just one source? My gut says that if that one source is the current occupant of the White House, you’ll say yes. Of course, if he isn’t gathering information from those same thousands of sources then he’s just making it up. Would you still believe it? My gut says...
Guaranteed. These same people argued, along with Trump, that the Obama unemployment rate was bogus. That it was closer to 15%. Guess what happened when this supposedly bogus percentage became Trump's...

[QUOTE!!

Guaranteed. These same people argued, along with Trump, that the Obama unemployment rate was bogus. That it was closer to 15%. Guess what happened when this supposedly bogus percentage became Trump's...
Absolutely. I recall when Sean Spicer ( by the way, 3 Press Secretaries ago) was asked about the unemployment rate, TWO MONTHS into the Trump Administration, Spicer said he asked Trump about it. Trump's answer, according to Spicer was: "It's accurate now".Laughing That is the damn truth.

You know how I know the information is accurate? Trump's job approval rating. His job approval number has melted down since the first week of April. Enough people know others who have either died from covid or gotten sick from it, to cement a conclusion on Trump. And the covid crisis is what accounts for Biden's big lead in the polls. Trump can try to "jimmy" the data, but he can't hide what people are experiencing.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
A problem we are having is that this crisis is being politicized by some. It should not be science vs politics. If anything, it should be science vs science. If there's any good news in this crisis, it's that the longer it goes on, it's looking more and more likely there will be a change in national direction in a few months. Then, science will dominate, giving us a chance to get a handle on this. This issue preoccupies newspapers around the country, as well as network and cable news. It's not going away, burning out, etc.no matter how hard some try to make it so and want it so. And attempts to pretend as such, will boom-a-rang on those pretenders in November.

The same science that got just about everything wrong about this since day one?

Reactions: Cola G'Cock
How about this number? Trump said on April 10 that the death count would be "substantially below 100,000". Oops. Still waiting on that "magic". Maybe the weather has not gotten hot enough.
Ah; another chance to throw woke shade at the president.

Italy was the original poster child. The Minister of Health in Italy released their report in June that showed of all the deaths there attributed to covid-19, subsequent examination of death certificates and medical reports showed that only 12 percent of those deaths were actually DUE TO covid-19 as the primary cause. Given Dr. Birx statement in early April on what we are calling covid deaths, payments to docs and hospitals (not suggesting impropriety, just saying its there in black and white in the CARES Act and CMS website; incentive can't be just overlooked), I suspect the U.S. is about the same.

Yeah I know; you're an "under reported" guy.

You know how I know the information is accurate? Trump's job approval rating. His job approval number has melted down since the first week of April. Enough people know others who have either died from covid or gotten sick from it, to cement a conclusion on Trump. And the covid crisis is what accounts for Biden's big lead in the polls. Trump can try to "jimmy" the data, but he can't hide what people are experiencing.

To summarize, you can't BS a virus.

Ah; another chance to throw woke shade at the president.

Italy was the original poster child. The Minister of Health in Italy released their report in June that showed of all the deaths there attributed to covid-19, subsequent examination of death certificates and medical reports showed that only 12 percent of those deaths were actually DUE TO covid-19 as the primary cause. Given Dr. Birx statement in early April on what we are calling covid deaths, payments to docs and hospitals (not suggesting impropriety, just saying its there in black and white in the CARES Act and CMS website; incentive can't be just overlooked), I suspect the U.S. is about the same.

Yeah I know; you're an "under reported" guy.

Now it's 143,321 American covid deaths on Trump's watch, unfortunately, and counting, sadly.

Covid cases in America are going up. In Europe, covid cases are going down. The U.S. Coronavirus death count is heading towards 145,000. The country is on fire with the virus. But, the Chief Fire Marshall is snoozing on the job, saying, nonchalantly, it will disappear, "eventually". He must be waiting on rain.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I’ll be right eventually. I said it’s going to disappear. I’ll say it again: It’s going to disappear — and I’ll be right.’

— President Trump on the coronavirus pandemic

Maybe that'll be the new campaign slogan. Sounds good

Last edited:
How about this number? Trump said on April 10 that the death count would be "substantially below 100,000". Oops. Still waiting on that "magic". Maybe the weather has not gotten hot enough.
And the IMHE model, one of the most respected, was saying late Spring it would be 60000. As my doc says, the Medical experts just don't know.

Covid cases in America are going up. In Europe, covid cases are going down. The U.S. Coronavirus death count is heading towards 145,000. The country is on fire with the virus. But, the Chief Fire Marshall is snoozing on the job, saying, nonchalantly, it will disappear, "eventually". He must be waiting on rain.
Fact check: We are not the only country on the planet. Barcelona, in Europe, just locked down again.It will unfortunately resurface there too.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT