ADVERTISEMENT

This could be the beginning of the end...

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
And I just might be okay with Spurrier retiring. I'll never forgt what he's done for our program. But I think its time for new blood...

Writing is on the wall. Recruiting has been mediocre the past few years, and there are no DJ's, no Clowneys, no Shaw's or Lattimore's, no Ace Sanders' to fill the shoes. We're a team without an identity, with an old coach and an outdated philosophy on how to run a program.

You are only as good as the talent you put on the field. When our program was poised to step up in the recruiting world after all our success, our coaches were buying into the belief they didn't have to give 100% to recruiting because they could coach up guys with decent talent and keep winning. Truth is it wasn't so much the coaching that led us to do so well, it was the fact we got Lattimore, Alshon, Gilmore, Clowney, etc. Now that those once in a lifetime talents are all gone, we are back to hoping we can make a bowl every year.

Reactions: AsianOrange
And I just might be okay with Spurrier retiring. I'll never forgt what he's done for our program. But I think its time for new blood...

this is the end, the next 3-4 years will be the cloud shrouded winter fallout of the end spurrier's lazy recruiting ushered in.

You are only as good as the talent you put on the field. When our program was poised to step up in the recruiting world after all our success, our coaches were buying into the belief they didn't have to give 100% to recruiting because they could coach up guys with decent talent and keep winning. Truth is it wasn't so much the coaching that led us to do so well, it was the fact we got Lattimore, Alshon, Gilmore, Clowney, etc. Now that those once in a lifetime talents are all gone, we are back to hoping we can make a bowl every year.

I agree. I love Steve Spurrier. But, he has always been considered a passive recruiter. Unfortunately, he has taken his recruiting to an even lower level these past few years.

This staff is soft, our team is soft and there is no passion or hunger. The offense we run is a joke.
Sad but we nay not win another game this year.

Reactions: xrayder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT