ADVERTISEMENT

This is crazy but Cocks are 3rd in SEC and 16th in country in total defense

Toneski M

Jun 19, 2005
Cocks are giving up only 330 ypg.

Offense is averaging 30 ppg. That’s about 12 points higher than last year.

Auburn is averaging only 21 ppg and their defense is giving up 411 ypg and is 47th in country.

Statistically, after Georgia, SC will be the toughest opponent Auburn has faced.

Auburn is only a 3 point favorite. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think Cocks win by 10.

Last edited:

Auburn is averaging only 21 ppg and their defense is giving up 411 ypg and is 47th in country.

Statistically, SC will be the toughest opponent Auburn has faced.

Auburn is only a 3 point favorite. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think Cocks win by 10.
Dawgs say hello. We're giving up 236.7 yds/game.

Alabama says hello. How's that stat gonna look after next Saturday?
I'm sure we'll still be elite. We haven't played any pushovers. We have the best defense in the country and probably the deepest.
I think Saturday night is going to be fun. We have a decent shot.

Reactions: Expro19
The TOP is really helping that. We are 6th in the country in TOP so keeping the other team off the field is a real key to keeping the defensive numbers down. Now we are also 37th in scoring so we aren’t coming away with much while eating the clock but you can’t win them all I guess.

I feel optimistic about this game. It’s better I guess than doom and gloom.

Plus Chad Morris is not so good at beating USC. Now, if we only had a Clowney on D to terrorize his QB....

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
It sucks being 1-2, but there are several surprising teams with similar records.

Think back to our two losses, crucial pass drops have killed us, otherwise we’d have been in better position to win.

I know the members of the Muschamp haters club hope we lose in a bizarre thought process that’ll lead to Tanner and Muschamp being fired, but I’m optimistic. I think we can beat Auburn and LSU, and the rest of the schedule outside of UGA looks winnable.

We have to play mistake free ball, and control the clock to beat those other teams. Beating UGA would require a perfect storm of their mistakes like last year, but anything is possible.

Just win.

My bad... when he said Auburn at 47th in the country I was thinking national. My apologies @Toneski M
In my defense, I think we're the toughest they've faced statistically.
FWIW, I hope you guys win Saturday.
Actually, my comment was incorrect and Georgia is statistically the tougher opponent for Auburn. I think I had also looked at LSU's schedule and was thinking how weak it was and that Cocks would be statistically toughest opponent LSU had faced thus far. Cocks play LSU after Auburn and LSU appears to be awful.

Surprisingly, both Auburn and LSU appear to be much more winnable than previously thought. Throw in how many teams in CFB are struggling on defense, and we just might get a couple of these monkeys off our back.

We're going to have to do a hell of a job stopping the run this Saturday. Tank is a man. Too bad he's not here with us.

When was the last time we beat Auburn ???

Statistically, after Georgia, SC will be the toughest opponent Auburn has faced.

When was the last time we beat Auburn ?? Wanna take a guess ... give you a hint , Babe Ruth was still playing .

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
I SO want to beat Auburn. Seems we are always snake bite when we play them.

I remember the game that they got the ball in the third quarter (kicked an onside kick, recovered the ball?) and we didn’t get on offense until the fourth quarter. Or something like that.

Reactions: roosterbell
I SO want to beat Auburn. Seems we are always snake bite when we play them.

You mean like the 2006 game? It was 14-10 at the half. Auburn got the ball to start the 3rd, had an 8+ minute drive for a FG, then recovered an onside kick and had a 6+ minute drive for a TD. Other than our kicker's foot to kickoff, we never touched the ball in the 3rd quarter.

I think it was already pointed out by the original poster GA was ahead statistically. GA does not have a fan blog site? Kirbys daddy, Nick, is going to spank that ass this weekend, again!! Brag all ya want Dogs have won nothing sense the 80’s. Hell we only won 4 games last and beat y’all. Get out here!! Almost forgot, your coach looks like a ugly tranny!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jeff2001
Anyone remember this game at Auburn? Been a while but this one hurt.

If I remember correctly, we had a 24-21 lead, and the ball 1st & 10 with about 3 minutes left on the clock. Not sure which down but our center's snap sailed over Anthony Wright's head, ball rolled inside our 20 yard line, and it was recovered by Auburn. I want to say it was the 1st & 10 on what would be the final drive to win the game. All we needed was another 1st down to burn out the clock.

2 or 3 plays later, TD Auburn, Damien Craig (sic). They go up 28-24. We get the ball back with very little time left and lose.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is the Gamecock way.

I think it was already pointed out by the original poster GA was ahead statistically. GA does not have a fan blog site? Kirbys daddy, Nick, is going to spank that ass this weekend, again!! Brag all ya want Dogs have won nothing sense the 80’s. Hell we only won 4 games last and beat y’all. Get out here!! Almost forgot, your coach looks like a ugly tranny!!!
Out of respect to the decent Gamecocks fans here I'll refrain from talking about football accomplishments. There will be no spanking from the Tide this weekend. I strongly suggest you don't bet that way. It will be another good UGA/ Bama game.

Reactions: Expro19
Surprisingly, both Auburn and LSU appear to be much more winnable than previously thought. Throw in how many teams in CFB are struggling on defense, and we just might get a couple of these monkeys off our back.
Toss up games usually come down to coaching and special teams. Hopefully we will not get out coached

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Correct spelling is “Dogs”.
Go tell your friends. 😀
Just giving you a hard time but I always wondered why, and for how long, Georgia fans have referred to themselves as “DAWGS”. For example, you don’t see Tigerz, Jacketz out there anywhere.

Correct spelling is “Dogs”.
Go tell your friends. 😀
Just giving you a hard time but I always wondered why, and for how long, Georgia fans have referred to themselves as “DAWGS”. For example, you don’t see Tigerz, Jacketz out there anywhere.
You do see Geaux Tigers instead of Go Tigers, though. Dawgs implicates the Southern drawl that may not be present in someone from Michigan. This is an odd thing to criticize or question about. There are many Bulldogs out there. But in College, there's only one Dawg (Though the Washington Huskies have a forum by the name Dawg Pound, it appears to be their SB Nation site and pretty unofficial.

Let's see after the season... I remembered when we were tied for 1st with the last 2 SEC games to go with Tennessee and Florida flatten us at the end of the season... This year, the SEC was smart by putting Tennessee and Florida at the beginning of the season to remove any doubt....

Out of respect to the decent Gamecocks fans here I'll refrain from talking about football accomplishments. There will be no spanking from the Tide this weekend. I strongly suggest you don't bet that way. It will be another good UGA/ Bama game.
We appreciate the respect. Your are free to say what you want on this site. After all, you did pay to come on another teams fan site, just to pat yourself on the back. Do I dare to ask, What accomplishments has GA? One title in the 80’s. Hell Clemson has more than y’all. Kirby is not Going to beat his daddy. Nick told Kirby son, I taught ya everything you know, but not everything I know, remember that son. Go on back on your own team site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT