ADVERTISEMENT

This team has GRIT!

Sending an SOS

Aug 20, 2005
I fell off the FM train, but now I’m back on. Their effort, despite what I’d call terrible officiating on both sides, is what won this game.

It took a while to get these guys to gel, but it’s happening. You don’t win 4 in a row with 2 on the road in difficult situations and coming back from a deficit by luck.

These guys are learning how to win, and I’m back onboard...

I fell off the FM train, but now I’m back on. Their effort, despite what I’d call terrible officiating on both sides, is what won this game.

It took a while to get these guys to gel, but it’s happening. You don’t win 4 in a row with 2 on the road in difficult situations and coming back from a deficit by luck.

I'm sorry sir all seats are taken.:)

Gravett stepped up tonight, Kotsar did against Miss. St, Bryant did against Missouri, and Silva/Gravett did against Florida. If we could get more consistent performances out of seniors, this team may shock us.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Just keep it going. Impressive start to SEC play, no doubt. We can’t get comfortable though. Still have to overcome a lot with the start...but we are definitely on pace to do that. Need to keep all the momentum we can get.

Think of it this way...

We need 9-10 wins to have a chance at the tournament. We have won 4 already with 2 on the road, and we didn’t play slouches. Still have a long way to go, but we are making significant progress.

What’s great about this Gamecock Free Foroum is that everyone has an opinion. Who knows who is a true Gamecock or a Troll. The Men’s BB Team is 4 and 0 in conference play. Boy did I read so many posts about “Fire Frank Martin”. No one has faith in our Athletics until we are #1.

I challenge everyone on here to reveal your past participation in our school to being a letterman...our scholar athletes now to your scholarship at The University of South Carolina.

It’s hard to win...I know that first hand. Athletes are athletes. Sometimes it is not about coaching. It’s about Representing The University of South Carolina!

A win is a win! Whether 4 and 0 or 3 and 1. Conference play is tough!

Just keep it going. Impressive start to SEC play, no doubt. We can’t get comfortable though. Still have to overcome a lot with the start...but we are definitely on pace to do that. Need to keep all the momentum we can get.
We have to overcome a lot every game. We still don't have a true leader... and that's ok right now.

Reactions: Carolina4

giphy.gif

Reactions: jimnasium

5 in a row. 4 in a row in conference.

Apparently ouir coach has a lot of grit. Great season so far for everyone except the Martin haters. Din't worry about their absence. They are sitting in the corner sharpening their knives ready to cut him to pieces when something goes wrong.

Reactions: wdgamecock22
I have not been a supporter of Martin, I was very impressed with the Final Four run. He still has to back it up with SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to win me over (I am sure he couldnt care less about winning me over).. BUT MAN, That team of Frank Martin's was beat last night, a couple times, BUT THEY Never gave up.... I SO Agree with the OP, that was a gritty Blue Collar win, at a Miserable Basketball Court.. WOW, I am impressed with the way they DID NOT Give up last night.. WELL DONE!!

Reactions: paladin181
What’s great about this Gamecock Free Foroum is that everyone has an opinion. Who knows who is a true Gamecock or a Troll. The Men’s BB Team is 4 and 0 in conference play. Boy did I read so many posts about “Fire Frank Martin”. No one has faith in our Athletics until we are #1.

I challenge everyone on here to reveal your past participation in our school to being a letterman...our scholar athletes now to your scholarship at The University of South Carolina.

It’s hard to win...I know that first hand. Athletes are athletes. Sometimes it is not about coaching. It’s about Representing The University of South Carolina!

A win is a win! Whether 4 and 0 or 3 and 1. Conference play is tough!
How about you just put everyone on ignore that didn't play varsity sports at USC? I'm sure it would make your experience here much more enjoyable. So, merely having a degree from USC and being an active fan disqualifies one from having opinions about coaches? For the record I haven't been calling for anyone to be fired.

Slugged through a tough road game tonight, Gravett has earned my respect - what a 2nd half

Impressive 2nd half. Especially with Silva being a non-factor.

Gravett stepped up tonight, Kotsar did against Miss. St, Bryant did against Missouri, and Silva/Gravett did against Florida. If we could get more consistent performances out of seniors, this team may shock us.

Gravett and a court full of young freshmen & sophomore !!!!

when youngsters start to get confidence look out!!!!!

We need a cool new saying.
How about "BRING YOUR OWN GRITs!"

Apparently ouir coach has a lot of grit. Great season so far for everyone except the Martin haters. Din't worry about their absence. They are sitting in the corner sharpening their knives ready to cut him to pieces when something goes wrong.
Eh, Great season? Mediocre and streaky season with the potential to get much better. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I don't think I've seen the take yet that fans calling for FM and Ray Tanner to be fired has been the impetus as the team has been winning. That was the reason Bentley started playing better according to some.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT