ADVERTISEMENT

This would suck

Folks Ray is going to open up the check book and everything is going to be alright. Ohio State isn’t any more of an attractive job than South Carolina is at this point. Pay needs to be increased but that will be taken care of. This won’t be the issue.

Folks Ray is going to open up the check book and everything is going to be alright. Ohio State isn’t any more of an attractive job than South Carolina is at this point. Pay needs to be increased but that will be taken care of. This won’t be the issue.
Hmmm… not sure our checkbook is as big as Ohio State’s checkbook if they really want someone.

Some of you Dawn Staley haters may not want to admit it, but I'm willing to bet she will be helpful in his retention. They seem to have a good relationship and are supportive of each other. That isn't guaranteed to either if he should leave. May not mean much to some, but support from coworkers or workers alike is a big deal.

Reactions: gamecock stock
But Lamont is from Ohio…
True but Dawn Staley isn’t from SC and Ray Tanner left his alma mater to come here. If we throw out the suitcase like we did for Muschamp and Frank Martin, trust me Lamont Paris is going to have to hire someone to count the bills. Mens Basketball being very profitable is a big boost to the athletic department. Paris will get paid accordingly. Not even sweating this one.

Not to mention Ohio State is a disaster and has been for some time. An expanded Big Ten isn’t going to make that job easier for a lot of reasons.

Tanner has a lot on the line here. Paris is his first hire, I'm aware of, to look like a home run hire. Muschamp was a disaster. Holbrook flopped. The jury is still out on Beamer. And Kingston has been, overall, mediocre. We will see how he does as I'm sure he realizes this could be defining of his AD tenure. I suspect he is working on a VERY good contract for Lamont.

I agree, above, that Dawn works in our favor. Also, having gone to the Final Four proves you can win big here in basketball. Another thing that works in our favor is that Lamont has not been a "job hopper" in recent years. Time will tell.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Hmmm… not sure our checkbook is as big as Ohio State’s checkbook if they really want someone.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Frank Martin was getting more than the Ohio state coach at the time of his firing. Paris is underpaid for what he’s done this season, but before this year he was getting the market rate. We will bump him significantly.

We might lose out to Ohio State in a football coach if it ever came to that, but not basketball.

Reactions: hahnenkampf
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure Frank Martin was getting more than the Ohio state coach at the time of his firing. Paris is underpaid for what he’s done this season, but before this year he was getting the market rate. We will bump him significantly.

We might lose out to Ohio State in a football coach if it ever came to that, but not basketball.
I hope you’re right — I really like the idea of Lamont Paris as a longtime Gamecock coach.

Ohio State's basketball coach makes $3,500,00, according to USA TODAY, this past March. That's definitely not outside our ability to pay.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
If Lamont wants to go back to his home state, I don't think money will stop it.

OSU is a bigger job than South Carolina.

Lamont recently bought a gorgeous 3 story mansion on the banks of the Congaree a few doors down from Dawn. They are tight so I'm hoping she will help convince him to stay. No one moves to Ohio anymore and they're all moving here. I'm seeing car stickers around town with the big O in the top of our beloved palmetto tree. They even refer to our state as Ohio South.

I wonder if the news that Lamont could be leaving had an effect on the team's poor play at Auburn?

Lamont recently bought a gorgeous 3 story mansion on the banks of the Congaree a few doors down from Dawn. They are tight so I'm hoping she will help convince him to stay. No one moves to Ohio anymore and they're all moving here. I'm seeing car stickers around town with the big O in the top of our beloved palmetto tree. They even refer to our state as Ohio South.

I wonder if the news that Lamont could be leaving had an effect on the team's poor play at Auburn?
What news?

I'd be surprised if Ohio State gambled on a coach who has one good season under his belt in the big leagues. 40-point don't help the cause either. Someone like Sean Miller makes much more sense for them right now.

If Lamont wants to go back to his home state, I don't think money will stop it.

OSU is a bigger job than South Carolina.

Are you hanging with Lamont now or is this just wishful thinking on your part?

So a guy from Northwest Ohio with ties to Wisconsin is going to leave the warm weather and take a job at OSU even though they are offering him less money?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT