ADVERTISEMENT

Thornwell deserves to win POTY award in SEC

Agree! Sin was too unselfish tonight - we needed him to take more shots, not pass the ball so much. My only complaint. He is a great player and a great example of what you can do if you stay 4 yrs. and work hard. He has improved steadily during his career. Let`s not overlook his foul shooting - made 35 in a row before missing, then made 4-5 more!

Reactions: gamecockblack
I have a feeling that in the last two games he has not shot as much because him and Martin both wanted to get the other teammates going because we're not gonna be able to go far in the dance without them.

Ohh and Sin is gonna win SEC POTY! If he Doesn't the process is rigged. He is by far the MVP of this lg.

Oh and he deserves as well. He is the best player right now in the sec and no doubt best all around player. Give the man his trophy

-He is definitely the player who deserves it the most...But i have observed over the years that playing for UK is more important that deserving when it comes to this vote...Sindarius should win it..My guess is they GIVE it to Malik Monk

I went back 30 years, just for an even number, and in that span 8 Kentucky players have won the award. 4 of those 8 played for teams that reached at least the Final Four. Doesn't really appear that playing for Kentucky gets a player votes as much as playing for really successful teams.
Thornwell is going to win the award and I don't think the voting will be close. He's has carried a decent South Carolina team on his back. He's impressive

Reactions: gamecockblack
Paraphrasing a line from a Clint Eastwood movie, deserving it has noting to do with it. Maybe he will get it. Maybe he won't. But he will get paid a lot of money in the NBA. Very few players have been able to play positions 1-5 in the same game.

Reactions: whythis28
I went back 30 years, just for an even number, and in that span 8 Kentucky players have won the award. 4 of those 8 played for teams that reached at least the Final Four. Doesn't really appear that playing for Kentucky gets a player votes as much as playing for really successful teams.
Thornwell is going to win the award and I don't think the voting will be close. He's has carried a decent South Carolina team on his back. He's impressive
Your analysis was an incompetent waste of time...there were different voters 30 years ago...We'll see how it goes...Most folk outside of Gamecock fans are agreeing Thornwell deserves it...But don't be surprised if Malik Monk gets it...He might win for the same reason so many UK freshmen make preseason all SEC before they play a single game of college ball, HYPE and the UK brand

Reactions: IrmoRed
The dude is leading the team in multiple categories.....and is in the top 5 of conference stats. I really don't know what other criteria there is.

He has a great shot to win it. If he wins it & joins A'ja Wilson with her POTY award, along with both teams making the NCAA tournament in the same year for the first time in nearly 30 years, it will be a tremendous time for the South Carolina basketball programs.
It is indeed..

Sin deserves this award more than a player in my recollection. I don't pretend to be on the committee or know more about the selection criteria than anyone else, but he is easily the most COMPLETE player in the league this season and most VALUABLE TO HIS TEAM! If those things don't matter, then what is the award FOR?

If it is a popularity contest or some sort of "most likely to be highly drafted in the NBA" award then they need to change the name to reflect that. Otherwise, giving it to anyone other than Thornwell this year is CRIMINAL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT