ADVERTISEMENT

Thornwell's dunk = the Clowney hit of Gamecock basketball. *

Since it happened in a rivalry game, I'll say it compares to the DJ Swerringer hit on the tater running back in 2012 in taterland. He made the guy spin in the air when he hit him.

Reactions: whythis28
Nononono. Not even close. Great dunk. But clowney hit. Are you kidding me? What ever that diminishes the best play in gamecock history. And best hit in College football history.

Nononono. Not even close. Great dunk. But clowney hit. Are you kidding me? What ever that diminishes the best play in gamecock history. And best hit in College football history.

He said it was the basketball equivalent of the Clowney hit. That's all.

Since it happened in a rivalry game, I'll say it compares to the DJ Swerringer hit on the tater running back in 2012 in taterland. He made the guy spin in the air when he hit him.

I agree this is a better comparision. Clowney's hit was epic on a national level. And most people watching that hit who are not USC fans don't even understand the context: we had been completely hosed by the officials on the previous 4th down play. That hit was the ultimate game changer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT