ADVERTISEMENT

Those silly Taters finally start the 2015 football season tonight

Petrino will find a way to screw it up. He just isn't the same coach after his motorcycle accident.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! I'd love to see them falter.

I don't think Louisville is good. I'm also not looking forward to dablow saying Louisville is a top 10 team if they win or lose. Both teams are a joke. They will be lucky to break 500k viewers tonight.

One thing is for sure, we'll see what the fighting clempton's are made of tonight. I think it's going to be a revolving door of QB's for Louisville that may give the taters fits.

I agree that they're finally playing a real game, but, can't help but think it would have been nice to start our season against Citadel and UCF, especially given our lack of experience at QB. But, it is what it is. Patrino is a POS, but I'll be routing for the Cards tonight (of course).

Louisville is pitiful and are 0-2. taters will destroy them. Wish Louisville would beat them 60-0
Louisville is sounded and very capable of winning at home on a Thursday night. That said, I think Clemson wins a close game.

2012 we started with Vandy and ECU...just sayin'...

That was a very good Vandy team on the road (finished with 9 wins) and an 8 win ECU team with a pretty sound offense. just sayin

I still prefer our season "starting" tonight as compared to the Cocks season which began it's slow painful decline last week.

Why is everyone so high on Louisville? ... the card/clem game last year was a total joke, combined they were a TERRIBLE 3-36 in 3rd down conversions ... Louisville wasn't ranked when they played clemson last year and they didn't end up ranked, either - losing their bowl game to Georgia by FOUR scores ... they're 0-3 going back to last year.

Clemson 'ought blow Louisville out of the water ... FSU had no problem beating Louisville IN LOUISVILLE last year, nor did Central Florida the year before.that or Connecticut the year before that or Florida International, Marshall, North Carolina, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh the year before that! Louisville has lost at home a LOT - QUITE often to some pretty 'dog' teams in recent years.

clemson can 'spin' this game all they want to but the fact is that since Bridgewater left Louisville ain't beat anybody but the nobodies in the ACC.

The puny spread doesn't say Louisville is good it says the bookies think clemson is BAD. They 'ought to be 20-point favorites IF they're 'REALLY' #9 in America..Louisville is WEAK and losing AT HOME to Houston showed it.

If an 0-2 Louisville team beats clemson tonight the tigers 'ought drop completely out of the Top 25, much less the Top 10. Louisville is STILL 'trying out' THREE different QB's ... ALL of which seem to throw as many interceptions as they do TD's. Louisville ain't squat. IF they beat clemson then clemson's not, either.

Reactions: BigTomE
But at least you guys are part of the SEC and can pretend to be good by association!

We play a Georgia team ranked HIGHER than clemson this week, we'll all see how we do. We dam* sure ain't afraid of them and we'll be there. Last I looked we were 17.5 point underdogs - but I think we can beat 'em straight-up. We may not, but whatever THAT score is - the quality of Georgia is FAR BETTER than Louisville.

LOSE to Louisville and your mask falls off.
Nine months ago Georgia beat Louisville by three TD's and a FG. Since then Louisville has continued to go backwards. Tonight's match-up isn't even close to a 'big game'.

clemson 2015 is a LOT like Notre Dame 2014 ... totally crip schedule early (Notre Dame climbed all the way to #5) before their clothes fell off while getting smacked by FSU then AZ State, Northwestern, So Cal, ect.

ALL hat and no cattle. clemson should beat Louisville by AT LEAST three TD's. A 'close' game tells the world clemson ain't all that good. A LOSS screams it.

We play a Georgia team ranked HIGHER than clemson this week, we'll all see how we do. We dam* sure ain't afraid of them and we'll be there. Last I looked we were 17.5 point underdogs - but I think we can beat 'em straight-up. We may not, but whatever THAT score is - the quality of Georgia is FAR BETTER than Louisville.

LOSE to Louisville and your mask falls off.
Nine months ago Georgia beat Louisville by three TD's and a FG. Since then Louisville has continued to go backwards. Tonight's match-up isn't even close to a 'big game'.

clemson 2015 is a LOT like Notre Dame 2014 ... totally crip schedule early (Notre Dame climbed all the way to #5) before their clothes fell off while getting smacked by FSU then AZ State, Northwestern, So Cal, ect.

ALL hat and no cattle. clemson should beat Louisville by AT LEAST three TD's. A 'close' game tells the world clemson ain't all that good. A LOSS screams it.
Since last year Louisville picked up the Big 12 defensive player of the year from TCU (12.5 sacks last year and lots of TFL) and Georgia's starting safety Josh-Harvey Clemons via transfer. Last year they were a top ten defense, lost Lorenzo Mauldin and that good safety they had but replaced them both. They're offense may be tinkering but their defense is a top 25 defense.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!! I'd love to see them falter.

Says the fan of the team that started with that basketball school and perennial football powerhouse Carolina and the mighty CanPluckSC Wildcats . . . and you should really be 0 and 2.

Give me a break.

Reactions: TIGER63
Since last year Louisville picked up the Big 12 defensive player of the year from TCU (12.5 sacks last year and lots of TFL) and Georgia's starting safety Josh-Harvey Clemons via transfer. Last year they were a top ten defense, lost Lorenzo Mauldin and that good safety they had but replaced them both. They're offense may be tinkering but their defense is a top 25 defense.

Are you drunk? Last week Louisville gave up 34 points and 462 yards of offense to HOUSTON almost evenly split between rushing AND passing including TWENTY-FIVE 1st downs with 3 passing TD's ... Houston SHOULD have scored 40 but their kicker MISSED two chip-shots while making 2/4.
The 'pride' of the American Athletic Conference moved the dang ball up and down the field ALL DAY.
Louisville gave up 330 yards and 31 points to Auburn including 21 1st downs.
That's 46 1st downs, 800 yards of 'offense' and 65 points in just TWO games!!!

Top 25 'defense' my arse, it ain't even CLOSE.

Are you drunk? Last week Louisville gave up 34 points and 462 yards of offense to HOUSTON almost evenly split between rushing AND passing including TWENTY-FIVE 1st downs with 3 passing TD's ... Houston SHOULD have scored 40 but their kicker MISSED two chip-shots while making 2/4.
The 'pride' of the American Athletic Conference moved the dang ball up and down the field ALL DAY.

Please consider matriculating to your local community college, to learn a bit about the English language. You don't understand basic punctuation. Now, if you have Alzheimer's, I apologize.

In SCORING DEFENSE this year Louisville is TIED with Miami (Ohio) and Kent State for 97th place (32.5 PPG Allowed). That's pathetic.

You can TRY to 'spin' it but it ain't happening.

In SCORING DEFENSE this year Louisville is TIED with Miami (Ohio) and Kent State for 97th place (32.5 PPG Allowed). That's pathetic.

You can TRY to 'spin' it but it ain't happening.
Okay well I'll guess we'll see throughout the season but 330 yards against Auburn and a 7 point second half is decent. The talent that they have on that side of the ball is undeniable, just a question of whether they know what they're doing yet. But this defense has some NFL talent on it.

Please consider matriculating to your local community college, to learn a bit about the English language. You don't understand basic punctuation. Now, if you have Alzheimer's, I apologize.

You may consider black meat, black bones and black feathers that glisten like the greens of black beetles appealing but I think a stink bug is just a stink bug, while a Cemani is the slug of all chickens. Referring to your offered advice you didn't need to comma after 'college' ... o'tay?

O'TAY!

That was a very good Vandy team on the road (finished with 9 wins) and an 8 win ECU team with a pretty sound offense. just sayin

still.....4 out of the 5 first games that year were cupcakes. Vandy is like playing Duke, no matter the W/L record, you're expected to beat them based off of recruiting alone. And you get little respect for that W, I might add (as fair or unfair as that may be)

Why is everyone so high on Louisville? ... the card/clem game last year was a total joke, combined they were a TERRIBLE 3-36 in 3rd down conversions ... Louisville wasn't ranked when they played clemson last year and they didn't end up ranked, either - losing their bowl game to Georgia by FOUR scores ... they're 0-3 going back to last year.

Clemson 'ought blow Louisville out of the water ... FSU had no problem beating Louisville IN LOUISVILLE last year, nor did Central Florida the year before.that or Connecticut the year before that or Florida International, Marshall, North Carolina, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh the year before that! Louisville has lost at home a LOT - QUITE often to some pretty 'dog' teams in recent years.

clemson can 'spin' this game all they want to but the fact is that since Bridgewater left Louisville ain't beat anybody but the nobodies in the ACC.

The puny spread doesn't say Louisville is good it says the bookies think clemson is BAD. They 'ought to be 20-point favorites IF they're 'REALLY' #9 in America..Louisville is WEAK and losing AT HOME to Houston showed it.

If an 0-2 Louisville team beats clemson tonight the tigers 'ought drop completely out of the Top 25, much less the Top 10. Louisville is STILL 'trying out' THREE different QB's ... ALL of which seem to throw as many interceptions as they do TD's. Louisville ain't squat. IF they beat clemson then clemson's not, either.

So you dont think having two great defenses on the field last season combined with losing Watson had anything to do with that?? So let me get this right now. If two SEC teams have a low scoring game its a defensive battle but if it happens between two other teams they just suck?? That about cover it?

So you dont think having two great defenses on the field last season combined with losing Watson had anything to do with that?? So let me get this right now. If two SEC teams have a low scoring game its a defensive battle but if it happens between two other teams they just suck?? That about cover it?

Yea, that about covers it ... especially 'early' in the season before ACC teams play many good teams. EXAMPLE: Currently the ACC's 'Boston College' is #1 in the COUNTRY in both TOTAL defense and SCORING defense having allowed less than 100 yards TOTAL offense in TWO games while outscoring their 'MIGHTY' opponents the Maine Black Bears and Howard Bisons 100-3

And you STILL wonder about 'strength of schedule'. Go play your crip game - Louisville is LOUSY ... clemson 'ought win this game by 40-points.

Yea, that about covers it ... especially 'early' in the season before ACC teams play many good teams. EXAMPLE: Currently the ACC's 'Boston College' is #1 in the COUNTRY in both TOTAL defense and SCORING defense having allowed less than 100 yards TOTAL offense in TWO games while outscoring their 'MIGHTY' opponents the Maine Black Bears and Howard Bisons 100-3

And you STILL wonder about 'strength of schedule'. Go play your crip game - Louisville is LOUSY ... clemson 'ought win this game by 40-points.

Another 'TELL' regarding the ACC's lousy total-conference scheduling.
Currently NINE of the Top 25 defenses in the entire COUNTRY (statistically) are ACC teams, which says a LOT about your 'opponents'.
FWIW - neither UNC, which played an SEC team, nor Louisville, which also played an SEC team in their first two games are among those nine 'leaders'.
But CLEMSON is!!!
Big whoop.

Win by 40? Man you must be really high on us to think we are that much better than Auburn.

Win by 40? Man you must be really high on us to think we are that much better than Auburn.

I'm high on Watson, without him you're about even with Wofford. Auburn tried several QB's and didn't do squat passing against Louisville, but they did run all over 'em. They didn't do squat against JAX State, either.

A healthy Watson IS clemson, period ... but unfortunately for clemson - he ain't Tebow, Newton or Winston. He's not in that class.

I'm high on Watson, without him you're about even with Wofford. Auburn tried several QB's and didn't do squat passing against Louisville, but they did run all over 'em. They didn't do squat against JAX State, either.

A healthy Watson IS clemson, period ... but unfortunately for clemson - he ain't Tebow, Newton or Winston. He's not in that class.
Well I do agree that this team without Watson goes from a hopeful dark horse playoff team to a hopeful 8-9 win team. I do not agree with any assertion that he is not every bit as good as those guys though. He hasn't done it yet and he has to prove that he can stay healthy; but if he does he will be better.

But at least you guys are part of the SEC and can pretend to be good by association!
Louisville is a top 25 defense???? Damn, try doing a little research before spewing the nonsense you get from Tigernet. Have you even bothered to check Louisville's defensive stats this season? Or do you just repeat the BS that all of you taters get from Tigernet? Or is this the newest Dabo spin? Has he been saying all week that Louisville has a great defense just in case Clemson's OLine cracks? I'm sure he's been saying the usual...you know, like Louisville is a great team, ignore their 0-2 record, they're a tough opponent..... they're tough to beat at home (although recent history proves that to be false).... they're a team full of playmakers.... all teams have great players... I don't measure success by the scoreboard....

I'd rather watch a marathon of Golden Girls reruns than watch Clemson play, but my day will be started the right way if I wake up tomorrow and see that Clemson got rolled.

Louisville is a top 25 defense???? Damn, try doing a little research before spewing the nonsense you get from Tigernet. Have you even bothered to check Louisville's defensive stats this season? Or do you just repeat the BS that all of you taters get from Tigernet? Or is this the newest Dabo spin? Has he been saying all week that Louisville has a great defense just in case Clemson's OLine cracks? I'm sure he's been saying the usual...you know, like Louisville is a great team, ignore their 0-2 record, they're a tough opponent..... they're tough to beat at home (although recent history proves that to be false).... they're a team full of playmakers.... all teams have great players... I don't measure success by the scoreboard....

I'd rather watch a marathon of Golden Girls reruns than watch Clemson play, but my day will be started the right way if I wake up tomorrow and see that Clemson got rolled.
Unreal dude. Even if they were a top 25 defense through two games, why would I even cite that statistic. I was clearly making a prediction that they will finish the season as a top 25 defense. Some of y'all are unbelievable with your hatred of Dabo.

You may consider black meat, black bones and black feathers that glisten like the greens of black beetles appealing but I think a stink bug is just a stink bug, while a Cemani is the slug of all chickens. Referring to your offered advice you didn't need to comma after 'college' ... o'tay?

O'TAY!
Take your donepezil and go to bed, gramps.

You may consider black meat, black bones and black feathers that glisten like the greens of black beetles appealing

O'TAY!
hamno-racist.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT