ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts and prayers

Youre not familiar with those terms I see.

Sure. That’s it. My class actually gets assessed by the state at the end In the form of a state issued exam. Do they do that in your class? The answer is no. I’m not talking about the federal government BS. I’m talking about a state mandated exam that shows you actually taught them something.

Sure. That’s it. My class actually gets assessed by the state at the end In the form of a state issued exam. Do they do that in your class? The answer is no. I’m not talking about the federal government BS. I’m talking about a state mandated exam that shows you actually taught them something.
Haha wow. The answer is yes. My kids are absolutely assessed by the state. You’re really full of yourself man.

And yet you continue to support "leadership" that encourages the opposite. Curious indeed.
That's your perspective, which is not my perspective. I'm not going to assail yours. Are you similarly self-restrained? I want to see. If not, it's symptomatic of something.

Are you considering special needs and extended standards? Are you familiar with Unique Learning?

Funny the person that champions “unique learning“ is completely closed minded to a kid learning another way. Just because you read a book or attended a seminar or can throw out some education lingo doesn’t mean you know squat about actually teaching them anything.

Are you considering special needs and extended standards? Are you familiar with Unique Learning?
A significant portion of my teaching career was spent teaching at-risk students. About 80 percent of those were special ed identified and all had 504 accommodation plans, so yes w/regard to special needs and extended standards. I think Unique Learning may’ve came along after my time in the classroom, although it may have had a predecessor with a different name, but I get the gist.

My wife is approaching her 50th birthday and has a congenital comorbidity factor. She opted for in-class instruction, and we discussed options for our 14-year-old daughter and landed on in-person instruction for her as well. However, my wife’s district required teachers to express their preferences before articulating a safety plan... in hindsight, that turned out to be logical because they had no plan to articulate.

Last edited:
Believe it or not we are assessed on the same standards as everyone else! Mindblowing huh?

At the end of your year, how could you prove student growth? Be a little more specific. I can teach a class with standards and be evaluated by an administrator, but it does not mean my kids have learned anything.

At the end of your year, how could you prove student growth? Be a little more specific. I can teach a class with standards and be evaluated by an administrator, but it does not mean my kids have learned anything.
Performance based assessments, adaptive testing.

It's like nothing of the kind. We live in a free country where there is no paucity of information. Neither does all of it come from the United States. People love to deflect. They also seek opportunities to blame. There was plenty of misdirection from medical professionals - some of them attached to government for years - as reasonable people very well know - professionals who either had the podium or whose sentiments showed up in print. This was always going to be reaction on the fly as more was learned. The death toll was always going to be unfortunately high - even with draconian measures taken. We abide in a free society and many prefer not to be fettered. I'm one of them, even though I wear a mask. In the issues that matter most to me, and to millions of Americans over the long haul, this President has been the best of my lifetime. And who told those governors to send their Covid cases to nursing homes? They don't listen to him.
Agree Ward. The only way to know how to handle a Pandemic is to go through a Pandemic. Human leaders are not omnipotent or miracle workers, and first time challenges are always a problem.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT