ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on WBB game yesterday after watching replay

hahnenkampf

Aug 7, 2005
1. The new girl, Eniya Russell, is very good. She has excellent quickness and natural basketball moves. She can shoot the long shot. A great replacement for Kiki, though a bit shorter. I think she had 14 points.

2. Amihere has improved significantly. She had excellent defender ability last year, but her defense seems to be better this year due to improved mobility.

3. Lele and Victaria looked very good. Both are battlers inside. Hope they maintain that fight when playing the much taller players we’ll see in the SEC.

4. Though the score was a record for the Gamecocks, much of it came from what I would call “pickup game” play. Dawn seemed to let the girls run and drive the basket at will against an inferior team. As a result, lots of out of control play, unwise passes, and turnovers. I think Dawn wanted them to run more for conditioning and getting use to playing instead of practicing among themselves. It was truly an uncontrolled scrimmage for them. Dawn has a lot of work ahead to get them to play under control.

5. Littleton doesn’t seem to have the skills I thought she would have. We’ll see as the season develops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell was very impressive. Littleton coming off surgery on both ankles looked like someone coming off surgery on both ankles. After watching her, I think she has a lot of work to do. Some may be game conditioning and some may be due to the surgeries.

1. The new girl, Eniya Russell, is very good. She has excellent quickness and natural basketball moves. She can shoot the long shot. A great replacement for Kiki, though a bit shorter. I think she had 14 points.

2. Amihere has improved significantly. She had excellent defender ability last year, but her defense seems to be better this year due to improved mobility.

3. Lele and Victaria looked very good. Both are battlers inside. Hope they maintain that fight when playing the much taller players we’ll see in the SEC.

4. Though the score was a record for the Gamecocks, much of it came from what I would call “pickup game” play. Dawn seemed to let the girls run and drive the basket at will against an inferior team. As a result, lots of out of control play, unwise passes, and turnovers. I think Dawn wanted them to run more for conditioning and getting use to playing instead of practicing among themselves. It was truly an uncontrolled scrimmage for them. Dawn has a lot of work ahead to get them to play under control.

5. Littleton doesn’t seem to have the skills I thought she would have. We’ll see as the season develops.
Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: okccock
Russell was very impressive. Littleton coming off surgery on both ankles looked like someone coming off surgery on both ankles. After watching her, I think she has a lot of work to do. Some may be game conditioning and some may be due to the surgeries.
That was my line of thinking as well. Surgery that required her to be unable to walk for an extended period of time and I didn't expect her to be at best out of the gate. She seemed to be a step too slow but she was relentless in her pursuit to drive to the basket to pick up some free throws. For what I remember her few jumpshots looked pretty good but they just didn't fall. I expect her to be a solid piece to this team once we get deep into SEC play.

I loved what I saw out of Zia. This is a very unselfish team; we need at least one player with a scorer 's mentality, especially in the halfcourt. We're going to lead the nation in rebounding. So when she shoots, even if she misses, chances are good we'll get the offensive rebound.

I loved what I saw out of Zia. This is a very unselfish team; we need at least one player with a scorer 's mentality, especially in the halfcourt. We're going to lead the nation in rebounding. So when she shoots, even if she misses, chances are good we'll get the offensive rebound.

Did they have a banner for last year being the top team?

Okie backed out if this weekend's tourney. So we'll only play two games. Not sure if the $30 subscription is worth to watch 2 games.

Okie backed out if this weekend's tourney. So we'll only play two games. Not sure if the $30 subscription is worth to watch 2 games.

There is a monthly fee option for a little under $13.00. You can cancel at any time. That's what I did last year. Cancellation process was not a hassle at all.

Reactions: DarkCock
Yes, Russell looks good. Aimhere has improved but, she always looks good against weaker opponets. I want to see her against SDakota & Gonzaga. Don't count Littleton out just here. It's just rust after two major surgeries. Saxton alaways had hops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT