ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts? Perfect scenario for 2019 with 7-5 season?

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
Let's say it's 7-5, losses to UGA, KY, aTm, FL, and Clem.

If you were AD driving the bus, what is your perfect realistic scenario going into 2019?

I say bowl win! Then we maintain Hilinski commitment. We pick up a top 5 RB, get a couple more trench guys. But what about coaching? I think a new OC, a good QB coach to compliment the OC. Then keep Champ pushing Def, and keep the recruiting trend of quality players. I think there needs to be a good JC DE recruited to help next year as well.

Realistically, this could happen and I think should. I think Bentley is better than what the play calling affords him.

But I could be wrong? Thoughts?

Reactions: Brace1

If you were AD driving the bus, what is your perfect realistic scenario going into 2019?

I say bowl win! Then we maintain Hilinski commitment. We pick up a top 5 RB, get a couple more trench guys. But what about coaching? I think a new OC, a good QB coach to compliment the OC. Then keep Champ pushing Def, and keep the recruiting trend of quality players. I think there needs to be a good JC DE recruited to help next year as well.

Realistically, this could happen and I think should. I think Bentley is better than what the play calling affords him.

Next year. You know how many times I’ve heard that. No other school want champ as head coach. There’s a reason. Ask Florida if you don’t believe me

Reactions: Zann77 and Brace1
Next year. You know how many times I’ve heard that. No other school want champ as head coach. There’s a reason. Ask Florida if you don’t believe me
Yeah, I know what you mean. Just didn't see what I thought I should see last week or this week. Feel like this year could get rough!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just didn't see what I thought I should see last week or this week. Feel like this year could get rough!

Oh. Next week we really get spanked. We decent against run but we terrible tackling in open field.

Some of the worse tackling I've seen, at least in the first half. I expected us to win tonight but not as easy as we did. I spent the night cackling at the missed tackles. Told my friend that it was like the local HS trying tackling the Patriots. My second team is the Gators. USC looks to have fallen into the "Muschamp" zone like they did. Dull predictable play calling and no in game awareness as to what adjustments need to be made on O. Your good D in the 2nd half was wasted by poor play calling on your offense. Your QB is also slower than Christmas.

Some of the worse tackling I've seen, at least in the first half. I expected us to win tonight but not as easy as we did. I spent the night cackling at the missed tackles. Told my friend that it was like the local HS trying tackling the Patriots. My second team is the Gators. USC looks to have fallen into the "Muschamp" zone like they did. Dull predictable play calling and no in game awareness as to what adjustments need to be made on O. Your good D in the 2nd half was wasted by poor play calling on your offense. Your QB is also slower than Christmas.

We know what you mean. No team should look that bad against Ky but we did.

Yeah offensive coordinator made all those receivers drop balls and Bentley under throw multiple deep balls to wide open receivers. Sometimes you just have to lay the blame on the players who failed to execute and not on the coaches.

Reactions: Baltcock96

Perfect scenario for the AD is hoping your fans stay happy and give out more money while being 7-5 having no offense a crappy defense and being no threat to win a conference or beat your rival

Perfect scenario for the AD is hoping your fans stay happy and give out more money while being 7-5 having no offense a crappy defense and being no threat to win a conference or beat your rival

7-5. What are you smoking?

Listen, most of us have been around a while, seen this team over the years, seen a lot of other teams as well.

Think Muschamp can't get his guys up for big games? Or more precisely manage them so they don't shoot themselves in the foot?

Well newsflash, they are ALL big games from here on out. Missouri, A&M, Ole Miss (yes, them) all have the capacity to blow our doors off on offense. You want to depend on our offense to match them scoring?

Kentucky ran it down our throats. Whatever the Florida team is this year, I think they can do the same. Meanwhile, offense, duh.

We ought to beat Tennessee, they are a dumpster fire this year. But all the sign are there for a team to implode. String together a string of losses like last night and this whole thing has the potential to be a worse sh*tshow than anything Muschamp had at Florida. And yeah that means giving Pruitt his first "big" win (and probably only SEC win).

Not going to say anything about Clemson.

Then we have next year... that is one brutal schedule coming up.

They say it is never as bad as it seems, or as good. But sometimes it really is as bad as it seems.

Reactions: Brace1
7-5. What are you smoking?

Listen, most of us have been around a while, seen this team over the years, seen a lot of other teams as well.

Think Muschamp can't get his guys up for big games? Or more precisely manage them so they don't shoot themselves in the foot?

Well newsflash, they are ALL big games from here on out. Missouri, A&M, Ole Miss (yes, them) all have the capacity to blow our doors off on offense. You want to depend on our offense to match them scoring?

Kentucky ran it down our throats. Whatever the Florida team is this year, I think they can do the same. Meanwhile, offense, duh.

We ought to beat Tennessee, they are a dumpster fire this year. But all the sign are there for a team to implode. String together a string of losses like last night and this whole thing has the potential to be a worse sh*tshow than anything Muschamp had at Florida. And yeah that means giving Pruitt his first "big" win (and probably only SEC win).

Not going to say anything about Clemson.

Then we have next year... that is one brutal schedule coming up.

They say it is never as bad as it seems, or as good. But sometimes it really is as bad as it seems.

1. Not smoking anything. Question was asked what the AD could HOPE for with a Perfect scenario.

2. Newsflash they’re not all big games in fact virtually none of them are (minus Clemson). Muschamp will be back whether you or I like it or not. We’re not going to the SEC title game. We are playing out the string. Our “big” game left is Clemson and we will probably get curb stomped.

3. When all is said and done I think we agree we are a dumpster fire. I just think you misunderstood my post on what the AD can hope for vs what will likely happen. Right now I think 5-7 is more likely than 7-5 and it sounds like you agree with that too.

1. Not smoking anything. Question was asked what the AD could HOPE for with a Perfect scenario.

2. Newsflash they’re not all big games in fact virtually none of them are (minus Clemson). Muschamp will be back whether you or I like it or not. We’re not going to the SEC title game. We are playing out the string. Our “big” game left is Clemson and we will probably get curb stomped.

3. When all is said and done I think we agree we are a dumpster fire. I just think you misunderstood my post on what the AD can hope for vs what will likely happen. Right now I think 5-7 is more likely than 7-5 and it sounds like you agree with that too.

Lets be honest with ourselves, Have we ever had a perfect scenario ?

Next year.......boy we are jumping on that train early this year. And that is something to be said for even the USC fans. It will be a mediocre year at best. The first poster has a vision of 5 star recruits lining up at that point which will turn the corner. Problem is, you don't see the bigger recruits lining up with the mediocre teams, which is exactly both USC, and Muschamp, will have the solid reputation of at that point. At that point then Ray and the board have a decision to make. Do they just figure that 7-5, 8-4, is the best this program can produce and stay with Muschamp? Or do they decide that USC can do better and step up with the cash and really try to make a move in a different direction?

Yeah offensive coordinator made all those receivers drop balls and Bentley under throw multiple deep balls to wide open receivers. Sometimes you just have to lay the blame on the players who failed to execute and not on the coaches.
The receivers were especially bad last night. But this is becoming Bentley's MO in big games. Having said that, eventually, it all falls on the coaches. They are the ones charged with making sure we have the right personnel on the field, with the right gameplan that works to their strengths and not to their weaknesses, and with getting those players focused on the game.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
The receivers were especially bad last night. But this is becoming Bentley's MO in big games. Having said that, eventually, it all falls on the coaches. They are the ones charged with making sure we have the right personnel on the field, with the right gameplan that works to their strengths and not to their weaknesses, and with getting those players focused on the game.

If Bentley can’t win the “big games” I don’t think Muschamp can either

While I want to be miserable in 2018 before I start looking ahead to 2019, I’ll play along..

We essentially have 3 auto-losses next year. Honestly should probably call it 4 with Kentucky.

Have to go to A&M, Mizzou, Tennessee. Would be shocked if we get out of that unscathed. Can’t overlook App either.

We’re looking at another 6-6, 7-5 year most likely.

Neither are possible when only playing 11 games.
We are talking about 2019 not 2018.

No, I think the OP is asking about the perfect scenario for 2019 if this season finishes at 7-5. Or maybe I read it wrong. It is a little ambiguous.

But I don't think an attempt will be made at re-scheduling the cancelled game. So 7-5 is not a possibility.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
No, I think the OP is asking about the perfect scenario for 2019 if this season finishes at 7-5. Or maybe I read it wrong. It is a little ambiguous.

But I don't think an attempt will be made at re-scheduling the cancelled game. So 7-5 is not a possibility.

Guess we will have to ask them. If 7-5 this season, I see no path to that. We will lose to at least Clemson A and M and Florida. That leaves no room for error. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us lose to Missouri either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT