ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday 2/6 morning Burch update

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
First off, nobody that we have spoken with has a clear indication of when Jordan Burch's letter of intent may be sent in to South Carolina for verification by compliance. In Division I football, the "regular" signing period this year began yesterday and does not end until April 1. It's hard to imagine it dragging out that long, but here we are with no real time frame.

To clear up something about Jordan Burch: I've seen and heard some unfair things about his character as it pertains to this situation. Burch is a drama-free type of kid who is extremely well-liked by those (whether students, teachers, administrators) at Hammond as well as others who have come into contact with him. He's not driving the bus, so to speak, on this situation.

We can say that LSU is still communicating here, which will be the case until it's over. Even visits and communication have been tough to follow in this one, because a late visit to Georgia that had everyone concerned was, essentially, a non-factor and just part of enjoying the process.

I understand in this day and age that everyone gets concerned when certain things happen in recruiting and the optics of this could lead one to wonder about South Carolina's chances to actually sign Burch. This may sound odd, but there's not even any sure indication that Burch - or any person close to him - is truly wavering on the choice of South Carolina. It seems there's been peace with the decision since December. All this begs the question: if everyone seems comfortable with the choice, then why hold the letter?

As our subscribers know, this recruitment has been quite insulated and has been handled in a unique- and complicated - fashion. We'd chalk up LetterGate to that, although the logic behind it is not clear. South Carolina still, at the end of the day, has a lot of factors favorable to its chances.

We'll keep everyone posted with what we hear going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News